The moderators here have done a kick-ass job lately....I commend you all for that!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most messageboards I have been involved with provide a link when a thread is closed because of duplicate threads. Funny, doesn't happen here when the thread casts Trump in a negative light. I think the moderators suck ass. And deleting posts because they are off topic, evidently calling someone a dumbass is on topic in this fubared forum. This place is a damn echo chamber, and the average intelligence of posters here has to be somewhere around that of, well it's right after Thanksgiving, TURKEY. And turkeys can drown in a rainstorm.

You know, I've often wondered the same thing......................if a mod closes a thread for being a duplicate, why can't they post a link in their closing post that shows where the other thread is?
Because.

You expect us to just take your word for it? You are a Party of the rumper. You demand that WE give cites now we are doing the same to you. Of course, you may just demand a recount.
As long as you're insulting, why don't you liberals do your own work and not expect someone to do it for you? ls it because you're a lazy ass?

Typical idiot Trumpster. This ain't about the poster that started the thread, or his due diligence. This is about the people that wanted to contribute to the thread and found it closed. You could really improve discussion by providing a link. Dumbass.

I find the moderation on this board quite good. We know there are differences of opinion but that is what it is all about after all.

Most messageboards I have been involved with provide a link when a thread is closed because of duplicate threads. Funny, doesn't happen here when the thread casts Trump in a negative light. I think the moderators suck ass. And deleting posts because they are off topic, evidently calling someone a dumbass is on topic in this fubared forum. This place is a damn echo chamber, and the average intelligence of posters here has to be somewhere around that of, well it's right after Thanksgiving, TURKEY. And turkeys can drown in a rainstorm.

You know, I've often wondered the same thing......................if a mod closes a thread for being a duplicate, why can't they post a link in their closing post that shows where the other thread is?
Because.

Because isn't much of an answer, and it wouldn't take much to put in a link to the thread that someone made a duplicate of. Matter of fact, it would probably clean up a lot on these boards.
Posters who don't look around for other threads with the same topic will just keep posting topics that are duplicates, knowing that a mod
will do their due diligence for them. I have better things to do like insult someone as a poster than have to do the work of another poster.

On one hand, you have a moderator, who closes a thread because it is a duplicate. The moderator knows of the duplicate thread, so why can't he post a link? Instead, what you are asking is that every poster go through, what, two, three pages of threads, before they even post a thread, just to make sure someone has not already posted it? Besides, you are not posting the link of the duplicate thread for the poster that started the thread, you are posting it for the members that have entered the thread and perhaps might like to join the conversation. Now they have to wade through, what, three pages of topics to find the thread that is the duplicate just to join the conversation they initially were interested in?

You starting to see the tradeoff here. What does it take, ten seconds to copy and paste a damn link? One moderator, ten seconds. As opposed to dozens of individuals scouring the forum to find the duplicate thread, for what, two minutes each. now we are talking about significant minutes, maybe even hours, in total time. And all could be avoided by ten seconds of, quite honestly, what is COMMON DECENCY.

I would say something about utilitarianism at this point but that shit is way over the head of an ignorant ass like you. And even the bit about common decency is not going to make an impact on someone with their head so far up their ass they can't see the sun shine. This messageboard is a shit show, and when a moderator talks about insulting posters it is pretty easy to see why.
Oh c'mon. When you start a thread, check the What's New first page, the New Threads list on the right, and maybe the first page of whatever forum you want to post in. Takes all of two minutes and saves everyone a lot of aggravation. I've been in some discussions of Big News when there are four or five threads going on the same thing. Of course, everyone ends up arguing the same things, and you have to keep repeating yourself over and over, remember which thread you said it in, etc. Merging threads after the fact make them confusing to read. Two minutes of your time isn't such a terrible thing to ask.

Because.

Because isn't much of an answer, and it wouldn't take much to put in a link to the thread that someone made a duplicate of. Matter of fact, it would probably clean up a lot on these boards.
Posters who don't look around for other threads with the same topic will just keep posting topics that are duplicates, knowing that a mod
will do their due diligence for them. I have better things to do like insult someone as a poster than have to do the work of another poster.

On one hand, you have a moderator, who closes a thread because it is a duplicate. The moderator knows of the duplicate thread, so why can't he post a link? Instead, what you are asking is that every poster go through, what, two, three pages of threads, before they even post a thread, just to make sure someone has not already posted it? Besides, you are not posting the link of the duplicate thread for the poster that started the thread, you are posting it for the members that have entered the thread and perhaps might like to join the conversation. Now they have to wade through, what, three pages of topics to find the thread that is the duplicate just to join the conversation they initially were interested in?

You starting to see the tradeoff here. What does it take, ten seconds to copy and paste a damn link? One moderator, ten seconds. As opposed to dozens of individuals scouring the forum to find the duplicate thread, for what, two minutes each. now we are talking about significant minutes, maybe even hours, in total time. And all could be avoided by ten seconds of, quite honestly, what is COMMON DECENCY.

I would say something about utilitarianism at this point but that shit is way over the head of an ignorant ass like you. And even the bit about common decency is not going to make an impact on someone with their head so far up their ass they can't see the sun shine. This messageboard is a shit show, and when a moderator talks about insulting posters it is pretty easy to see why.
Oh c'mon. When you start a thread, check the What's New first page, the New Threads list on the right, and maybe the first page of whatever forum you want to post in. Takes all of two minutes and saves everyone a lot of aggravation. I've been in some discussions of Big News when there are four or five threads going on the same thing. Of course, everyone ends up arguing the same things, and you have to keep repeating yourself over and over, remember which thread you said it in, etc. Merging threads after the fact make them confusing to read. Two minutes of your time isn't such a terrible thing to ask.

Two minutes/ten seconds. Two minutes for how many people, ten seconds for one. Like I said, utilitarianism. This ain't rocket science.

Because.

Two minutes/ten seconds. Two minutes for how many people, ten seconds for one. Like I said, utilitarianism. This ain't rocket science.
You're just being lazy. So are a lot of other folks. I just love when the New Threads list has two new threads on the same thing back to back. That would have taken one second to check!

Because.

You expect us to just take your word for it? You are a Party of the rumper. You demand that WE give cites now we are doing the same to you. Of course, you may just demand a recount.
As long as you're insulting, why don't you liberals do your own work and not expect someone to do it for you? ls it because you're a lazy ass?

Typical idiot Trumpster. This ain't about the poster that started the thread, or his due diligence. This is about the people that wanted to contribute to the thread and found it closed. You could really improve discussion by providing a link. Dumbass.
Lazy ass, just go look for the thread that's still open and post in that one. Or, is that too much for you to do? Above your pay grade?
idiot

Because.

Why don't you do your own due diligence, and not rely on somebody else to do your work for you.
Are you that lazy? Really? :laughing0301:

Because.

Do you realize just how stupid you sound?
You act like we get paid by this site, we're just posters like you that try and keep some kind of order to this board.
Then an asshole like you comes around and and wants his ass wiped. Fuck you, dude. Do it yourself.
I'm not your caretaker, you want to post, great, post. But, don't ask a moderator to run around doing the leg work
that you should be doing.
NGFYS

Last edited:

Because.

Why don't you do your own due diligence, and not rely on somebody else to do your work for you.
Are you that lazy? Really? :laughing0301:

Well that would partially be because you guys allowed thread titles like "Look at this stupid shit" and then got angry when someone would post a thread with the same content. How are we supposed to know "Look at this stupid shit" is actually a thread about Mike Huckabee's ugly daughter or some other stupid shit?

You are better than you used to be about this but for years this went on and I brought it to the mods attention at least a dozen times and was blown off. Then finally its a rule being enforced.

Also, there is no way to know what section the dupe thread is in. I posted something in breaking news and it was locked, I FINALLY found the dupe way the fuck down in like "europe" or some kinda shit. I mean it would take 20 minutes to look at every single fucking section of this forum trying to find the dupe thread because without knowing the exact title and words in it, even the search function is useless.

When we report a thread as a dupe we're asked to post a link to the dupe to help the mods. Why can't the mods help us if they're going to lock a thread as a dupe post the link to the dupe? How hard is that to do? I don't get paid to report dupe threads either but i have the common decency to not just report and say "dupe" but actually provide the link TO THE DUPE to help the mod out. I don't think its asking too much of the mod squad to do the same thing. I've been a mod on other forums and I did it as a courtesy to other members.

Last edited:

Because.

Not for nothing, but whenever I've seen a thread closed and called a duplicate, that means that the mod that closed it knows where the other threads are. If you posted a link to the other thread after closing it, it would eliminate a lot of perception of bias.
And. it would take our time to go find it. Give me a break, dude.
Do it yourself. Your buddy Al Franken said it all right here, "I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone it, people like me."
I'll like you if you do it yourself.

Because.

Translation, we are supposed to take your word for it. Sorry, that ship sailed.

Because.

Lazy ass, just go look for the thread that's still open and post in that one. Or, is that too much for you to do? Above your pay grade?
idiot

Look, I am going to try to explain this again. This is not about the person starting the thread. Hell, I don't even know if I have ever started a damn thread. This is about posters entering a thread and finding it closed because of a duplicate thread. Where is the other thread? The title might be different, it might have dropped down on the board. I want to enter this discussion, where is the thread. Oh great, now I got to look for it. How long does that take, as opposed to how long it would take a moderator, who knows of the duplicate thread, to post a GOD DAMN LINK? Like I said, every other messageboard I have ever posted on had that COMMON FUCKING DECENCY. If you want to explain something, explain me why that is the case. The only reason I can come up with is sheer fawking laziness.

Because.

idiot

Look, I am going to try to explain this again. This is not about the person starting the thread. Hell, I don't even know if I have ever started a damn thread. This is about posters entering a thread and finding it closed because of a duplicate thread. Where is the other thread? The title might be different, it might have dropped down on the board. I want to enter this discussion, where is the thread. Oh great, now I got to look for it. How long does that take, as opposed to how long it would take a moderator, who knows of the duplicate thread, to post a GOD DAMN LINK? Like I said, every other messageboard I have ever posted on had that COMMON FUCKING DECENCY. If you want to explain something, explain me why that is the case. The only reason I can come up with is sheer fawking laziness.
Not going to happen, Sluggo. Looks like you're just going to have to deal with it, and maybe, just maybe you'll have to repeat what you wrote in
in the previous thread you posted in.

Because.

idiot

It is certainly above YOUR paygrade.

Because.

Translation, we are supposed to take your word for it. Sorry, that ship sailed.
WTH are you talking about? Put down the bong.

Because.

idiot

Well, seeing how we don't get paid, you may be on to something. Anything is above $0.00 :auiqs.jpg:

Because.

idiot

Well, seeing how we don't get paid, you may be on to something. Anything is above $0.00 :auiqs.jpg:

Right now, you are severely over paid.

Because.

idiot

Not going to happen, Sluggo. Looks like you're just going to have to deal with it, and maybe, just maybe you'll have to repeat what you wrote in
in the previous thread you posted in.

Well I guess I can copy and paste. Too bad you don't know how to do that.

Because.

idiot

Right now, you are severely over paid.
Oh boy, you got me good, man. Now place your posts in the proper threads, do YOUR homework.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back