The Mess in Portland...

Portland mayor stands by decision to allow antifa to block traffic, hassle motorists

Portland Mayor Ted Wheeler came under fire over a viral video showing antifa protesters blocking traffic and harassing drivers, but he says he supports the decision by police to watch from a distance without getting involved.

“I was appalled by what I saw in the video, but I support the Portland Police Bureau’s decision not to intervene,” he said at a press conference. “This whole incident will be investigated.”

The video posted by journalist Andy C. Ngo showed protesters, including members of antifa and Black Lives Matter, blocking an intersection and attempting to direct traffic at while officers on motorcycle watched from a block away.

At one point, the activists chased down 74-year-old Kent Houser after he made a right turn against their wishes, pounding on his silver Lexus and breaking a window. The car sustained thousands of dollars in damage, he told the Oregonian.

Even so, Mr. Wheeler insisted that “motorists should feel completely safe coming into downtown Portland.”

Demonstrators did not obtain a permit before holding the Oct. 6 march to protest the death of Patrick Kimmons, a 27-year-old black man who was shot and killed Sept. 30 by police. The shooting is under investigation.

The mayor has been accused of taking a kid-gloved approach to the protests that routinely roil the liberal enclave, such as the summer occupation of the Immigration and Customs Enforcement building, which saw Portland police refuse to assist the immigration-enforcement officers unless they were in physical danger.

“This is the kind of street anarchy that routinely happens where I live,” tweeted Mr. Ngo.

More rioting broke out Saturday night as antifa activists brawled with protesters who turned out for a “flash march for law and order,” organized Patriot Prayer, a right-wing group.

Portland police made no arrests during the bloody melee, even though “officers observed people in possession of hard-knuckled gloves, firearms, batons and knives. Officers also observed people use pepper spray,” according to a department statement.

“Officers responded to the scene and used less lethal munitions to break up the fight and prevent further violence,” said Portland Police Bureau Chief Danielle Outlaw. “We will continue to investigate this incident and ask that anyone who was the victim of a crime to come forward and file a report.”

According to TV station KGW, four people received medical attention, but authorities did not know whether anyone was hospitalized.

Mr. Wheeler, who also holds the title of police commissioner, took a swipe at recent unflattering news coverage, such as a Fox News story headlined, “Mob rule? Leftist protesters take over Portland street.”

Ted Wheeler, Portland mayor, stands by decision to allow Antifa to block traffic

Another Democrat enables law breakers to cause chaos in his city! Mobs came out to protest and the mayors held police back again. Cars are being blocked while other protesters hit the cars and caused thousands of dollars in damage.

There is a law that states protesters must get a permit to protest. Of course that was not and the chaos continued through another weekend. Terry Wheeler, the incredibly stupid mayor did nothing to protect the citizens in this city.

"Portland police made no arrests during the bloody melee, even though “officers observed people in possession of hard-knuckled gloves, firearms, batons and knives. Officers also observed people use pepper spray,” according to a department statement."

Can you imagine working in the city of Portland and having to go through this every day?

THIS "MAYOR" NEEDS TO BE RECALLED LIKE YESTERDAY.
You people are such pains in the ass, picking at this like a kid with a scab. Let it go, would you? It was not a big deal. Quit obsessing over it.
WHA???!!! Believing in protecting citizens from being asssaulted by mobs??? Are you serious? Let it go?!!!
We have laws for a reason. Honestly, what do you have in your brain? Nothing but worms?
There is no reason for a week of you folks being on your fainting couch over it. There was some minor inconvenience and minor damage. Leave it to hell alone.
I can guarantee that you would say the opposite if these people were conservatives! That's where we differ. I do not make my opinions based on party...I base them on the law. Try it some time.

Portland mayor stands by decision to allow antifa to block traffic, hassle motorists

Portland Mayor Ted Wheeler came under fire over a viral video showing antifa protesters blocking traffic and harassing drivers, but he says he supports the decision by police to watch from a distance without getting involved.

“I was appalled by what I saw in the video, but I support the Portland Police Bureau’s decision not to intervene,” he said at a press conference. “This whole incident will be investigated.”

The video posted by journalist Andy C. Ngo showed protesters, including members of antifa and Black Lives Matter, blocking an intersection and attempting to direct traffic at while officers on motorcycle watched from a block away.

At one point, the activists chased down 74-year-old Kent Houser after he made a right turn against their wishes, pounding on his silver Lexus and breaking a window. The car sustained thousands of dollars in damage, he told the Oregonian.

Even so, Mr. Wheeler insisted that “motorists should feel completely safe coming into downtown Portland.”

Demonstrators did not obtain a permit before holding the Oct. 6 march to protest the death of Patrick Kimmons, a 27-year-old black man who was shot and killed Sept. 30 by police. The shooting is under investigation.

The mayor has been accused of taking a kid-gloved approach to the protests that routinely roil the liberal enclave, such as the summer occupation of the Immigration and Customs Enforcement building, which saw Portland police refuse to assist the immigration-enforcement officers unless they were in physical danger.

“This is the kind of street anarchy that routinely happens where I live,” tweeted Mr. Ngo.

More rioting broke out Saturday night as antifa activists brawled with protesters who turned out for a “flash march for law and order,” organized Patriot Prayer, a right-wing group.

Portland police made no arrests during the bloody melee, even though “officers observed people in possession of hard-knuckled gloves, firearms, batons and knives. Officers also observed people use pepper spray,” according to a department statement.

“Officers responded to the scene and used less lethal munitions to break up the fight and prevent further violence,” said Portland Police Bureau Chief Danielle Outlaw. “We will continue to investigate this incident and ask that anyone who was the victim of a crime to come forward and file a report.”

According to TV station KGW, four people received medical attention, but authorities did not know whether anyone was hospitalized.

Mr. Wheeler, who also holds the title of police commissioner, took a swipe at recent unflattering news coverage, such as a Fox News story headlined, “Mob rule? Leftist protesters take over Portland street.”

Ted Wheeler, Portland mayor, stands by decision to allow Antifa to block traffic

Another Democrat enables law breakers to cause chaos in his city! Mobs came out to protest and the mayors held police back again. Cars are being blocked while other protesters hit the cars and caused thousands of dollars in damage.

There is a law that states protesters must get a permit to protest. Of course that was not and the chaos continued through another weekend. Terry Wheeler, the incredibly stupid mayor did nothing to protect the citizens in this city.

"Portland police made no arrests during the bloody melee, even though “officers observed people in possession of hard-knuckled gloves, firearms, batons and knives. Officers also observed people use pepper spray,” according to a department statement."

Can you imagine working in the city of Portland and having to go through this every day?

Any official who order the Police NOT to enforce the law is violating the law under Malfeasance and should be indited by a Grand Jury, removed from Office. This has been done before. It just takes a citizen to request to bring it in front of a Grand Jury.

Grand Jury needs to be called.

You people are such pains in the ass, picking at this like a kid with a scab. Let it go, would you? It was not a big deal. Quit obsessing over it.
WHA???!!! Believing in protecting citizens from being asssaulted by mobs??? Are you serious? Let it go?!!!
We have laws for a reason. Honestly, what do you have in your brain? Nothing but worms?
There is no reason for a week of you folks being on your fainting couch over it. There was some minor inconvenience and minor damage. Leave it to hell alone.
I can guarantee that you would say the opposite if these people were conservatives! That's where we differ. I do not make my opinions based on party...I base them on the law. Try it some time.
Yep .Can you just imagine if a mayor in Charleston were to stand aside so the I'll could rampage at will? These regressive would be all over it like shit on stink .

You're kidding, right?

THe mayor orders the police to stand down, so violent thugs can attack people, and it's no big deal?

You're kidding, right?

THe mayor orders the police to stand down, so violent thugs can attack people, and it's no big deal?
But it's HER violent thugs, man .

Brownshirts gotta support brownshirts, you know .

You're kidding, right?

But it's HER violent thugs, man .

Brownshirts gotta support brownshirts, you know .

And then they whine when people fight back.

Another Democrat enables law breakers to cause chaos in his city! Mobs came out to protest and the mayors held police back again.

Except it was the police who made the decision not to intervene, not the Mayor.

Says so right in your link too.

".....says he supports the decision by police to watch from a distance without getting involved."

First, the tea party can block traffic, congestion for 10 miles.

2ndly, In early August portland, right-wing protestors were camped out with weapons.

Patriot Prayer should have been bashed into the ground. They’re lucky the police saved them.

Glad to see you support free speech
They brought violence to a peaceful vigil for a murder victim. You and them can go fuck yourselves.

Yes. Antifa did. And you support them. You are supporting violence against peaceful protesters
Weak try. Your people should and will be bloodied up as they keep trying to invade our communities.

Portland has gone to shit under liberal rule, there's piles of trash and homeless camps all over the city. Its unsafe and intolerant. The rule of law is not enforced, basically its mob rule.

Arrest George Soros, violent mobs like BLM and Antifa go away. He's the main financier of Left/Democrat violence in this country.

Last edited:
Patriot Prayer should have been bashed into the ground. They’re lucky the police saved them.

Glad to see you support free speech
They brought violence to a peaceful vigil for a murder victim. You and them can go fuck yourselves.

Yes. Antifa did. And you support them. You are supporting violence against peaceful protesters
Weak try. Your people should and will be bloodied up as they keep trying to invade our communities.

I don’t have a people involved in this dispute

Protesters shouldn’t be attacked with violence. Period.

Portland's Mayor is pathetic, anyone that permits Fascist Antifa groups to rule a city is asking for trouble. Apparently he is more concerned with placating fascist antifa and the BLM movement then he is with the safety and security of those that live and work in the city. What a loser, so sad to see that city crumble, once a great place to visit.
On another note, what is it with the masks and dark glasses are they worried their rich parents or employer might recognize them?

First, the tea party can block traffic, congestion for 10 miles.

Do you bother reading your own posts?

traffic was lightly snarled as looky-loos did their looky-looing before driving on, into an uncertain future, I guess: "Traffic around 12:15 p.m. was slowed as far north as Camp Pendleton -- but speeds returned to normal immediately after the overpass."

Apparently they were not blocking anything. Rubber neckers were slowing down to see what the commotion was all about just like they do when they see a traffic accident on the other side of the highway. Nice try though.

Forum List

Back