The medieval North Yorkshire village where bodies were dismembered out of fear of a zombie invasion

Disir

Platinum Member
Sep 30, 2011
Residents of a medieval North Yorkshire village mutilated corpses out of fear they may morph into zombies.

A study of 137 human bones excavated from the now-deserted village of Wharram Percy show signs of having been burnt, dismembered and slashed by knives.

Researchers from Historic England and the University of Southampton, who conducted the study, believe the mutilated body parts point to a fear among villagers of zombies invading the living from beyond the grave.

In medieval North Yorkshire, folklore that corpses could roam local areas, spreading disease and assaulting unlucky passers-by was still common.

Zombies were thought to be awakened by a malevolent force in the corpses of those who had committed evil acts while they were still alive.

MAYBE. It's a theory. It's a fun theory...............now. I'm sure that whatever the heck this is really about was not fun.

Hey! It could happen!

111028-walkingdead-biz.fit-760w.jpg

Residents of a medieval North Yorkshire village mutilated corpses out of fear they may morph into zombies.

A study of 137 human bones excavated from the now-deserted village of Wharram Percy show signs of having been burnt, dismembered and slashed by knives.

Researchers from Historic England and the University of Southampton, who conducted the study, believe the mutilated body parts point to a fear among villagers of zombies invading the living from beyond the grave.

In medieval North Yorkshire, folklore that corpses could roam local areas, spreading disease and assaulting unlucky passers-by was still common.

Zombies were thought to be awakened by a malevolent force in the corpses of those who had committed evil acts while they were still alive.

MAYBE. It's a theory. It's a fun theory...............now. I'm sure that whatever the heck this is really about was not fun.
1613876337480.png

I have an alternate theory.

*****SMILE*****

:oops::smoke: :oops:

That's a shame. I heard the police have a suspect in custody...

360_zombieland_1002.jpg

its already happening
1613877406574.png

John Kerry will never visit that village.

its already happening View attachment 459849

Someone call the zombie-blasters. :auiqs.jpg:

Forum List

Back