The Meaning of John 5:6

Road Runner

Take Back America In 2024 Vote Trump!
Jun 16, 2021
USA
This came up in a discussion today on another website and I was just curious, does this verse mean that Jesus didn't go around healing anyone and everyone? Because it seems like they had to have faith first before He did. I didn't think that this question was answered in the Bible until I got to this verse and it actually fits because in today's world we often need to ask for God's help before He gives it to us, so it would only fit if that's the way it worked back when Christ was physically walking the earth.

This came up in a discussion today on another website and I was just curious, does this verse mean that Jesus didn't go around healing anyone and everyone? Because it seems like they had to have faith first before He did. I didn't think that this question was answered in the Bible until I got to this verse and it actually fits because in today's world we often need to ask for God's help before He gives it to us, so it would only fit if that's the way it worked back when Christ was physically walking the earth.
He asked him if he wanted to be healed.....and his answer was he couldn't help himself because someone would go in front of him while he was dragging himself to the pool. So Jesus told him to get on his feet and walk.....and he did.
Sometimes you need to have the will to get better on your own.....but Jesus helped him get the will to do it.

• Banned
He asked him if he wanted to be healed.....and his answer was he couldn't help himself because someone would go in front of him while he was dragging himself to the pool. So Jesus told him to get on his feet and walk.....and he did.
Sometimes you need to have the will to get better on your own.....but Jesus helped him get the will to do it.

True, but what if the man that was blind was thinking inside his mind that this man Jesus can't be God, He's nuts, He won't be able to give me my sight,.. would he still have been given that gift? Especially since the Bible is all about how believing is seeing and not seeing is believing.

True, but what if the man that was blind was thinking inside his mind that this man Jesus can't be God, He's nuts, He won't be able to give me my sight,.. would he still have been given that gift? Especially since the Bible is all about how believing is seeing and not seeing is believing.
That never works. I really believed a lady was going to go home with me last night, but it didn't happen.

in today's world we often need to ask for God's help before He gives it to us, so it would only fit if that's the way it worked back when Christ was physically walking the earth.
It may also be a question whether we truly want to change and are willing to accept the responsibilities and hardships of being healed. Some, today, seem willing to be the victim and leaving the work to others. I imagine it was not all that different back in Biblical times. So Jesus asked, "Do you want to be healed?"

Forum List

Back