The "Me Too" Debate

Aug 7, 2012
This debate is being called the "Me Too" debate because Romney agreed with Obama on virtually everything regarding foreign policy!:eusa_clap::D

Well, that was a waste of time. The third and final presidential debate, held in Boca Raton, Fla., was supposed to be on foreign policy. That’s usually the native habitat of Republicans. Not Monday night, and not this presidential campaign. President Obama so owns that terrain that there appeared to be little to no daylight tonight between himself and Republican nominee Mitt Romney.

Obama adopted the mien Republicans used to adopt with Democrats, that of the testy commander in chief forced to debate the not-nearly-as-knowledgeable challenger. And he repeatedly hit Romney as someone who was “all over the map” with views on foreign policy — a charge whose sting intensified the more Romney said “me, too” to nearly every policy adopted by the president.

With the exception of who had the greater concern for Israel, I am hard-pressed to find an area where Romney substantively disagreed with Obama. Pulling out of Afghanistan, halting Iran’s nuclear ambitions, nurturing Egypt’s fragile semblance of democracy, getting to the bottom of what happened in Benghazi, addressing the “tumult in the Middle East.” Romney agreed with the president on just about everything. Adopting the increased use of drones. He just did it more emphatically in his presentation of either what the president had just said or what the president is already doing.

New Topics

Forum List

Back