The Mato Zetas Gang = kill drug dealers

Kiki Cannoli

Have you met my shadow?
May 27, 2011
Really south of the border
Here is something you don't hear much of in the USA. The Mato Zetas on Blog de Narco. The Mato Zetas is a 'freedom fighting' vigilante group who have made it their mission to eliminate the Zetas cartel. The Mato Zetas are thought to receive their orders from the government. They are as ruthless as the cartels themselves; however they do not extort money from victims. They simply kill drug dealers, extortionist, criminals, kidnappers. Just recently 35 bodies were uncovered in Vera Cruz...these assisinations were performed at the hands of the 'good guys.' But the news is distorted in the USA and yes, it is all horrendous and unthinkable, however its not tragic in the eyes of all of Mexico.

Here is a nice link to executions, photos, and messages from the Mato Zetas.

El Blog del Narco: Exclusividad

Last edited:
2-2.jpg

So is that the direction we want to go....?

I would say probably not a good idea. My point is that in the USA we hear of these killings and assume it is dangerous for all - which is true of the actual cartels - but not of the Mato Zetas. Each death is targeted, no innocent bystanders and no mistaken identities occur. The Mato Zetas are viewed as heros, are respected and at the same time are also perceived as a paid government killing squad.

Its an interesting dichotomy.

Last edited:
Not necessarily but it may work in Mexico, our countries are TOO close geographically but way different culturally.

This is not what I want going on just south of here... sorry.

There is a right way and a wrong way to do it. Vigilantes are the wrong way. It never ends well for the "natives".

We need to rethink our drug laws, and crack down BIG TIME on ANY gang activity.

We say their culture is different there... well, that shit "migrates" across borders.

So is that the direction we want to go....?

I would say probably not a good idea. My point is that in the USA we hear of these killings and assume it is dangerous for all - which is true of the actual cartels - but not of the Mato Zetas. Each death is targeted, no innocent bystanders and no mistaken identities occur. The Mato Zetas are viewed as heros, are respected and also perceived as a paid government killing squad.

I don't know if something like this would work in the US but if the Mexicans are fine with it, so be it.

Not necessarily but it may work in Mexico, our countries are TOO close geographically but way different culturally.

This is not what I want going on just south of here... sorry.

There is a right way and a wrong way to do it. Vigilantes are the wrong way. It never ends well for the "natives".

We need to rethink our drug laws, and crack down BIG TIME on ANY gang activity.

We say their culture is different there... well, that shit "migrates" across borders.

I understand what your saying but its really not our call if this is what the Mexicans want to do.

I would say probably not a good idea. My point is that in the USA we hear of these killings and assume it is dangerous for all - which is true of the actual cartels - but not of the Mato Zetas. Each death is targeted, no innocent bystanders and no mistaken identities occur. The Mato Zetas are viewed as heros, are respected and at the same time are also perceived as a paid government killing squad.

I get that part of story. I just look at what is going on down there as "drug related", but didnt know about the Mato Zetas. However, I know for a fact the Zeta's are NO good.

Forum List

Back