The Marijuana Petitions on We the People Won't Get Read...

Sep 30, 2011
The White House may disable user accounts and remove petitions created or signed by user accounts that it has reasonable belief do not satisfy the above rules. The White House may also block access from IP addresses that it has reasonable belief are using automated systems or bulk processes to create multiple user accounts or petition signatures.

I've been monitoring the petitions since day one and those marijuana ones in particular have gotten thousands in merely hours, this is in clear violation of the rules of participation. People can sign those all they want and submit to many liberal news organizations they want, they ain't getting read because the White House knows those signatures aren't legitimate. Also, this:

During the petition creation process, the system will identify potentially similar petitions for the petition creator and encourage the petition creator to sign an existing petition rather than create a new one. Creating duplicate petitions in the system decreases the likelihood that a petition will receive a response from the White House. While the White House will not combine similar petitions, one response may be applied to multiple petitions on the same topic.

There are over three similar petitions involving solely on marijuana legalization, they ain't getting read.

Sources:

Frequently Asked Questions

Terms of Participation

P.S. Check out my petition below.

why precisely do you assume they aren't getting read? After all it seems some legislatures have paid attention after watching local laws...it isn't about someone wanting dope..it is for many about medicine.

why precisely do you assume they aren't getting read? After all it seems some legislatures have paid attention after watching local laws...it isn't about someone wanting dope..it is for many about medicine.

You haven't read those petitions on the site, clearly you haven't read them. They're not addressing medical marijuana in neither of the petitions, they're addressing marijuana for recreational use with a very generic case. They weren't going to get read even if the signatures were legit.

and that is a problem why? Shouldn't a person be able to do with their body what they choose to do?

Are you having a debate with me on marijuana in general? I'm not talking about marijuana in general, girl, I'm just simply stating those popular petitions you see on the site mean nothing based off the rules and the suspicious activity.

I just want dope. I would like to be able to legally procure and carry a small amount of marijuana for my own private consumption in my own house.

However, right now it doesnt matter if those petitions are finding their way to Obama or members of Congress. Most Senators/Representatives and Obama dont support the legalization of marijuana.

I just want dope. I would like to be able to legally procure and carry a small amount of marijuana for my own private consumption in my own house.

However, right now it doesnt matter if those petitions are finding their way to Obama or members of Congress. Most Senators/Representatives and Obama dont support the legalization of marijuana.

This is why these liberal news organizations ought to be focusing on real petitions.

This is why these liberal news organizations ought to be focusing on real petitions.

Well, they should focus on real issues (the legalization of marijana is one of many). In general petitions like these are really meaningless since few people know about them and even fewer people have the ability, time, or will to sign them. Also, its not shocking that online petitions are suspect (like everything else on the internet).

Well, they should focus on real issues (the legalization of marijana is one of many). In general petitions like these are really meaningless since few people know about them and even fewer people have the ability, time, or will to sign them. Also, its not shocking that online petitions are suspect (like everything else on the internet).

It amazes me how these petitions got over 15,000 signatures in hours though; this also tells you a lot about people's priorities because I've seen some small petitions that were strong and has good ideas but never got passed ten signatures, like mine.

It amazes me how these petitions got over 15,000 signatures in hours though; this also tells you a lot about people's priorities because I've seen some small petitions that were strong and has good ideas but never got passed ten signatures, like mine.

Well the marijuana issue has been popular for decades, very public, has a large following, and a large interest group in NORML. A petition itself will not accomplish anything even if its the best idea ever. Youll need time, resources, grassroots movements, etc for your issue. Your petition on the white house website lacks the necessary exposure.

Well the marijuana issue has been popular for decades, very public, has a large following, and a large interest group in NORML. A petition itself will not accomplish anything even if its the best idea ever. Youll need time, resources, grassroots movements, etc for your issue. Your petition on the white house website lacks the necessary exposure.

Tell me, how do I get more exposure for my issue?

Whats the issue?

Whats the issue?

Click the two links in my signature.

To me it's not about medicine. It's about legitimizing an industry worth billions and directing the profits and jobs to taxpaying Americans while denying a major source of revenue to some very bad people who're terrorizing our southern border to maintain their tax-free revenue streams.

Keeping pot underground hurts our economy and makes us look stupid. It's simply too large an industry to try to keep under the rug.

When this started, I believe I saw the first four out of 10 petitions had to do with legalizing marijuana, although one of them did have something to do with industrial hemp.

When this started, I believe I saw the first four out of 10 petitions had to do with legalizing marijuana, although one of them did have something to do with industrial hemp.

Exactly why it's not going to get read, you're catching on, girl now sign my petition for a good cause.

and that is a problem why? Shouldn't a person be able to do with their body what they choose to do?

Are you having a debate with me on marijuana in general? I'm not talking about marijuana in general, girl, I'm just simply stating those popular petitions you see on the site mean nothing based off the rules and the suspicious activity.

Perhaps you should limit yourself to constructive posts instead of blurting attacks with little to no provocation.

Forum List

Back