The Making of Juan Guaido

georgephillip

Diamond Member
Dec 27, 2009
Los Angeles, California
The Making of Juan Guaido: How the US Regime Change Laboratory Created Venezuela’s Coup Leader

"Before the fateful day of January 22, fewer than one in five Venezuelans had heard of Juan Guaidó.

"Only a few months ago, the 35-year-old was an obscure character in a politically marginal far-right group closely associated with gruesome acts of street violence.

"Even in his own party, Guaidó had been a mid-level figure in the opposition-dominated National Assembly, which is now held under contempt according to Venezuela’s constitution.

"But after a single phone call from US Vice President Mike Pence, Guaidó proclaimed himself as president of Venezuela.

"Anointed as the leader of his country by Washington, a previously unknown political bottom dweller was vaulted onto the international stage as the US-selected leader of the nation with the world’s largest oil reserves."

And then came Marco:
Rubio_Gaddafi.jpg

"United States Senator Marco Rubio (R-FL) tweeted a graphic picture of former Libyan dictator Muammar Gaddafi dripping in blood on Sunday in what was widely perceived to be a strongman message to Venezuelan President Nicolás Maduro.

"Gaddafi was tortured and savagely killed on the streets by Libyan rebels after the US-led NATO intervened and overthrew him in 2011."

Was Marco Rubio's tweet of a bloody Gaddafi aimed at Venezuela's Maduro?

After Maduro's highly suspect "reelection" in May of 2018, the Trump administration began actively pursuing regime change in Venezuela with Guaido on a short list of potential US puppets.

While he seem to have come from nowhere, Juan Guaido was the product of more than a decade of "assiduous grooming" by elite, US deep state regime change factories.

"Juan Guaido is a character that has been created for this circumstance."
donald-j-trump-realdonaldtrum-follow-i-hear-venezuela-has-oil-39536196.png

The Making of Juan Guaido: How the US Regime Change Laboratory Created Venezuela’s Coup Leader

"Before the fateful day of January 22, fewer than one in five Venezuelans had heard of Juan Guaidó.

"Only a few months ago, the 35-year-old was an obscure character in a politically marginal far-right group closely associated with gruesome acts of street violence.

"Even in his own party, Guaidó had been a mid-level figure in the opposition-dominated National Assembly, which is now held under contempt according to Venezuela’s constitution.

"But after a single phone call from US Vice President Mike Pence, Guaidó proclaimed himself as president of Venezuela.

"Anointed as the leader of his country by Washington, a previously unknown political bottom dweller was vaulted onto the international stage as the US-selected leader of the nation with the world’s largest oil reserves."

And then came Marco:
Rubio_Gaddafi.jpg

"United States Senator Marco Rubio (R-FL) tweeted a graphic picture of former Libyan dictator Muammar Gaddafi dripping in blood on Sunday in what was widely perceived to be a strongman message to Venezuelan President Nicolás Maduro.

"Gaddafi was tortured and savagely killed on the streets by Libyan rebels after the US-led NATO intervened and overthrew him in 2011."

After Maduro's highly suspect "reelection" in May of 2018, the Trump administration began actively pursuing regime change in Venezuela with Guaido on a short list of potential US puppets.

While he seem to have come from nowhere, Juan Guaido was the product of more than a decade of "assiduous grooming" by elite, US deep state regime change factories.

an obscure character in a politically marginal far-right group closely associated with gruesome acts of street violence.

This is outrageous!!!!

Only the left should be allowed to commit gruesome acts of street violence, eh comrade?

I am 100% opposed to the US meddling in Venezeula but I am also extremely skeptical whenever a lefty publication like mint press accuses someone of being "far right".

Juan Guaido seems to be an Obama type of character who came out of nowhere and is backed by very powerful people and the media. ... :cool:
190208195407-juan-guaido-parecido-barack-obama-venezuela-estados-unidos-digital-spark-00001826-full-169.jpg

Guaido's widely perceived as a brown Obama clone.

He moved from Venezuela to DC to enroll in the Governance and Political Management Program at George Washington University where he studied under one of the top Latin American neoliberal economists, Luis Enrique Berrizbeitia.

Berrizbeitia's a former executive director of the IMF "who spent more than a decade working in the Venezuelan energy sector under the oligarchic old regime that was ousted by Chavez."

It does remind me of Barry Soetoro's excellent adventures in Afghanistan.

another right wing venture?

no long term plan, like usual.
Possibly, Guaido doesn't fit at all into the long term US plan that revolves around controlling Venezuelan natural resources for as long as possible?

"While Guaidó is today sold as the face of democratic restoration, he spent his career in the most violent faction of Venezuela’s most radical opposition party, positioning himself at the forefront of one destabilization campaign after another.

"His party has been widely discredited inside Venezuela, and is held partly responsible for fragmenting a badly weakened opposition.

"'These radical leaders have no more than 20 percent in opinion polls,' wrote Luis Vicente León, Venezuela’s leading pollster.

"According to Leon, Guaidó’s party remains isolated because the majority of the population 'does not want war. ‘What they want is a solution.’”

"But this is precisely why he Guaidó was selected by Washington: he is not expected to lead Venezuela towards to democracy, but to collapse a country that for the past two decades has been a bulwark of resistance to US hegemony."

another right wing venture?

no long term plan, like usual.
Possibly, Guaido doesn't fit at all into the long term US plan that revolves around controlling Venezuelan natural resources for as long as possible?

"While Guaidó is today sold as the face of democratic restoration, he spent his career in the most violent faction of Venezuela’s most radical opposition party, positioning himself at the forefront of one destabilization campaign after another.

"His party has been widely discredited inside Venezuela, and is held partly responsible for fragmenting a badly weakened opposition.

"'These radical leaders have no more than 20 percent in opinion polls,' wrote Luis Vicente León, Venezuela’s leading pollster.

"According to Leon, Guaidó’s party remains isolated because the majority of the population 'does not want war. ‘What they want is a solution.’”

"But this is precisely why he Guaidó was selected by Washington: he is not expected to lead Venezuela towards to democracy, but to collapse a country that for the past two decades has been a bulwark of resistance to US hegemony."
yet, the right wing prefers to "blame the Poor".

why are we "destabilizing" that region and blaming the Poor for seeking asylum?

Nobody blames them for wanting to leave their shitholes, it's just we don't want them here mooching off us.
you must be on the right wing.

This thread isn't about me, it's about Venezuela and how US citizens on both sides of the aisle are being duped into supporting Iraq part 2.
in other words, destabilizing the region and then complaining about refugees.

why are we "destabilizing" that region and blaming the Poor for seeking asylum?

Nobody blames them for wanting to leave their shitholes, it's just we don't want them here mooching off us.
you must be on the right wing.

This thread isn't about me, it's about Venezuela and how US citizens on both sides of the aisle are being duped into supporting Iraq part 2.
in other words, destabilizing the region and then complaining about refugees.

You're a real sucker if you think preying on your compassion for refugees isn't part of the plan in the first place.

I am 100% opposed to the US meddling in Venezeula but I am also extremely skeptical whenever a lefty publication like mint press accuses someone of being "far right".
GUAIDO.jpg

"Is this the ass that Trump wants to install in Venezuela’s seat of power?"

"That year, Guaidó exposed himself to the public in another way, founding a political party to capture the anti-Chavez energy his Generation 2007 had cultivated.

"Called Popular Will, it was led by Leopoldo López, a Princeton-educated right-wing firebrand heavily involved in National Endowment for Democracy programs and elected as the mayor of a district in Caracas that was one of the wealthiest in the country.

"Lopez was a portrait of Venezuelan aristocracy, directly descended from his country’s first president.

"He was also the first cousin of Thor Halvorssen, founder of the US-based Human Rights Foundation that functions as a de facto publicity shop for US-backed anti-government activists in countries targeted by Washington for regime change."

I don't support the corruption and incompetence of the Maduro regime, but I don't think returning someone like Lopez to power in Venezuela is a good outcome for a majority of Venezuelans.

And then came Marco:
Rubio_Gaddafi.jpg

:CryingCow:
:bsflag:

Juan Guaido seems to be an Obama type of character who came out of nowhere and is backed by very powerful people and the media. ... :cool:
190208195407-juan-guaido-parecido-barack-obama-venezuela-estados-unidos-digital-spark-00001826-full-169.jpg

Guaido's widely perceived as a brown Obama clone.

He moved from Venezuela to DC to enroll in the Governance and Political Management Program at George Washington University where he studied under one of the top Latin American neoliberal economists, Luis Enrique Berrizbeitia.

Berrizbeitia's a former executive director of the IMF "who spent more than a decade working in the Venezuelan energy sector under the oligarchic old regime that was ousted by Chavez."

It does remind me of Barry Soetoro's excellent adventures in Afghanistan.

51237851_2252491671457373_1069143189631270912_n.jpg

GUAIDO.jpg

"Is this the ass that Trump wants to install in Venezuela’s seat of power?"

"That year, Guaidó exposed himself to the public in another way, founding a political party to capture the anti-Chavez energy his Generation 2007 had cultivated.

"Called Popular Will, it was led by Leopoldo López, a Princeton-educated right-wing firebrand heavily involved in National Endowment for Democracy programs and elected as the mayor of a district in Caracas that was one of the wealthiest in the country.

"Lopez was a portrait of Venezuelan aristocracy, directly descended from his country’s first president.

"He was also the first cousin of Thor Halvorssen, founder of the US-based Human Rights Foundation that functions as a de facto publicity shop for US-backed anti-government activists in countries targeted by Washington for regime change."

I don't support the corruption and incompetence of the Maduro regime, but I don't think returning someone like Lopez to power in Venezuela is a good outcome for a majority of Venezuelans.
Government solves All problems for the right wing.

What happened to Capitalism?

...and I say unfreeze their assets, nullify the sanctions and let them run their country into the ground for all I care. Just stay on your side of the border.

...and I say unfreeze their assets, nullify the sanctions and let them run their country into the ground for all I care. Just stay on your side of the border.
Sounds like a good plan to me. In a best case scenario, Maduro goes back to driving a bus and Venezuelans pick their next president without any help from Uncle Sam.
207174_600.jpg

Forum List

Back