The looney left won't like this

ALL players stood for the anthem.

Kaepernick made his choice to kneel, and crazy right wingers went nuts. If a few athletes don't care to kneel, that doesn't mean the country didn't embrace those that do kneel.

According to their television ratings, it doesn't show that. Any entertainer that takes a political stance at their art is a total idiot.

About one-third will probably agree with their stance. Another third probably don't care either way. But you totally piss off the last third, who also make your paycheck.

Keep your mouth shut, play your guitar, throw your football, or put the ball in the hoop, and you piss off nobody in your audience.
It's reached a point where not kneeling is taking stance

Yes it is. It's called patriotism.

Some call it that, but those are the same ones who call trump's lying and cheating patriotism.

No, not some call it that, every real American calls it that. If you show respect for our anthem and flag, that's showing respect for our country. When you disrespect the anthem and flag, you are disrespecting our country.
Bulldog snorts bath salts dude, you'd be better off trying to train a goldfish to do tricks.

No. Actually, I am pretty easy to convince. All it takes is credible proof. Spouting crazy crap wit nothing to back it up won't do it.

ALL players stood for the anthem.

Kaepernick made his choice to kneel, and crazy right wingers went nuts. If a few athletes don't care to kneel, that doesn't mean the country didn't embrace those that do kneel.

According to their television ratings, it doesn't show that. Any entertainer that takes a political stance at their art is a total idiot.

About one-third will probably agree with their stance. Another third probably don't care either way. But you totally piss off the last third, who also make your paycheck.

Keep your mouth shut, play your guitar, throw your football, or put the ball in the hoop, and you piss off nobody in your audience.
It's reached a point where not kneeling is taking stance

Yes it is. It's called patriotism.

Some call it that, but those are the same ones who call trump's lying and cheating patriotism.

No, not some call it that, every real American calls it that. If you show respect for our anthem and flag, that's showing respect for our country. When you disrespect the anthem and flag, you are disrespecting our country.
View attachment 370401

Ah yes, the MSM crowd that's always so honest with Americans.

People are free to do as they wish. Has anyone called for them to be fired yet?

People are free to do as their wish, on their own time.

When you're on the clock, in the public eye, serving as a public representative of your employer, you're obligated to represent your employer in a positive way. Using that pulpit to engage in an offensive, anti-patriotic protest that casts your employer in a bad light is malfeasance, and is entirely just cause for being fired.

Its NOT your call what people do on the clock when you aren't the one paying them.

It was never disallowed. So your post means nothing.

Correct, it wasn't disallowed. HIs point however is that if it was disallowed, they would have to obey because they are being paid by their company.

If the company gave out turkey's for Thanksgiving they would have turkey also.

Whatever the hell that's supposed to mean.......

The terms "parrot" and "puppet" are NOT mutually exclusive:

images.jpg

I'm sure you also support players expressing their right to free speech when they disagree with your views.

Personally, I find sports to be of no interest at all.

But anyone, on his own time, regardless of profession,is entitled to express whatever opinion he will, regardless of how much I may agree or disagree with it.

When one is in the public eye, acting as a paid representative of one's employer, then that's a completely different story. Especially in a business where public perception is so important. It's very bad business in sports or other entertainment industries, to offend the fans that you are hoping will pay to see whatever content is being produced and offered.
So you're worried about the impact on their employer's business?
That's very empathetic of you.
But...what if the employer approves?

I'm sure you also support players expressing their right to free speech when they disagree with your views.

Personally, I find sports to be of no interest at all.

But anyone, on his own time, regardless of profession,is entitled to express whatever opinion he will, regardless of how much I may agree or disagree with it.

When one is in the public eye, acting as a paid representative of one's employer, then that's a completely different story. Especially in a business where public perception is so important. It's very bad business in sports or other entertainment industries, to offend the fans that you are hoping will pay to see whatever content is being produced and offered.
So you're worried about the impact on their employer's business?
That's very empathetic of you.
But...what if the employer approves?

Obviously they do approve which is why they are taking financial losses. Many people are boycotting sports in general. Even before Covid, NFL was not permitted on my television set even if my guests made the request to turn on a game.

A friend of mine stopped over this weekend. He's a baseball lover. He even umpires little league games. I asked if the Indians were playing just to make conversation. He said F the Indians. He refuses to watch anymore pro baseball because they took a stance on BLM and rioters.

If these companies want to do that, they are going to lose a lot of revenue.

Forum List

Back