The Little Things In Life

JW Frogen

Gold Member
May 10, 2009
A coworker of mine has been diagnosed with a brain tumor. He has four months to live.

I was in a bit of a slump but that has cheered me up. I probably have longer than four months to live.

You have to appreciate the little things in life.

A coworker of mine has been diagnosed with a brain tumor. He has four months to live.

I was in a bit of a slump but that has cheered me up. I probably have longer than four months to live.

Is the widow-to-be hot, and is there a shitpot full of life insurance?

I may have to check that out, I am sure, once he is dead, my co-worker would have wanted it that way.

That's rough. Here are a couple pictures of the "little things in life" to cheer everybody up. (Well, almost everybody.)

funny-pictures-kitten-brings-bacon.jpg
129151777089309020.jpg

Does he have a boat? I'm looking for a good deal on a boat.

A co-worker is dying, and this cheers you up?

I don't think I want to live in your world.

Dayam. :eusa_doh: :eusa_whistle: :cuckoo:

Ah hell, chalk it up to channeling George Costanzia and his glee at the fiance killing envelopes.

Still, I was thinking about it this morning and there is a real psychological effect here, I was not making the feeling up.

I was down in the dumps about petty shit all day, I hear about this guy's impending death (I don’t know him well but I do feel bad for him, not go cry in the bathroom bad, but bad) but it did change my mood. Suddenly I was glad to be alive again. I was noticing the beautiful things around me; I felt a sense of personal joy.

Selfish, maybe. True, yes.

I felt this phenomenon far greater in Bosnia. We used to fly in and out as our headquarters was in Naples. One trip was particularly bad; we witnessed a lot of death, destruction and carnage. On the way back there was not even the sort of dark gallows humor that gets me and many other people through this sort of thing.

I went to my hotel, got dressed and hit the bar. Then I went for a drive alone all the way to Vomero. Below me was this thriving city Naples, pulsing with life and energy. I felt so exhilarated, a pure sense of bliss.

From that time on the entire time I was in Naples I dove in, tried everything that presented itself, started asking beautiful women out right out of the blue. Had several lovers, great sex, great food, travel. I had the time of my life in Naples and on the trips to Bosnia I could handle anything thrown at me with a sense of calm.

Confrontations with death bring on new life.

Remember the song

"Enjoy yourself, it's latter than you think,

Enjoy yourself while your still in the pink,

The years go by faster than you think,

Enjoy yourself, enjoy yourself, it's latter than you think."

Last edited:
It's like in The Fisher King...

there was a cripled man in a wheel chair, with a tin cup for donations....

he was telling someone that he was a Human Barometer...

That people go through life thinking it sucks, and then they see him, cripled and with his tin cup begging... they realize, that they have it GOOD.

That is a great movie.

But it needed more fishing in it to justify the title.

Anyone on the forum dying that needs an semi-sympathetic ear pm me.

I need a pick me up and I am trying to cut down on caffeine.

I may have to check that out, I am sure, once he is dead, my co-worker would have wanted it that way.

Maybe he'll leave her a big insurance policy pay out as well!

Don't turn your back on him, because people with frontal lesions lose their inhibitions and become hyperaggressive and hypersexual.

No wonder he has finally started to do his job and spends a lot more time in the men's room.

Last edited:

That people go through life thinking it sucks, and then they see him, cripled and with his tin cup begging... they realize, that they have it GOOD.

I love that movie

Consider this skull; Yorick I believe his name is. We will all know him well.

He warns against your entire life being about a buck, a fuck, good luck or a monster truck.

I love that movie

ME TOO!

What a fantastic movie....I was in Dallas on Business, staying at the Anatole Hotel across from the Dallas Merchandise Mart, they had newly released movies on paid tv, and the Fisher King was one of them, so I ordered room service and sat in the room that night and watched it....when it was over I called my husband and told him what a great movie it was...when i got home from my Dallas Market, we waited and waited, maybe 2 months, before the fisher King was released on video, for matt to buy it and us to watch it together....HE LOVED IT AS WELL.....and we have probably watched it 10 times since the first time back then....

There are so many learning experiences in this movie, or Human Barometer readings in this movie from Jack's relationship with mercedes to robin williams going nuts after the trauma of his wife's murder, to robin williams forgiving jack for what he egged on, with the shooter taking action and Jacks guilt over such and becoming mentally unstable himself over it....then his healing.

damn, what a great movie!

New Topics

Forum List

Back