The Lies of Franklin Roosevelt

PoliticalChic

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
It's too bad that this post goes in "History," because the FDR endeavors are largely responsible for the social breakdown we face today....
Under Roosevelt's alignment with Soviet communism the United States "exchanged foundational principles and guiding ideas" for some sort of vain, destructive, moral relativity.

1. Behind FDR's lies and actions which served to cover and support Stalin's murderous regime had to be the belief that, either,
FDR was a devotee of communism and anticipated imposing it on America..
....or, that he believed that he could incorporate Stalin into an organization with himself as the 'CEO.'

The former explanation would represent illimitable evil.....the latter, abysmal ignorance.

2. There is the false notion that FDR's infatuations began due to a need for the Soviet Union's aid in WWII, .....but he rushed to recognize them in 1933- was the first hint.

Is 'infatuation' too strong? Was there kind of political romance with Stalin?
Consider the following pieces of the puzzle before you consider it hyperbolic:

a. As former ambassador to the Soviet Union, William Bullitt, queried him about why he, FDR, persuaded the public that "communists had become the friends of democracy" and that he should remind all "that Communists in the United States are just as dangerous enemies as ever, and should not be allowed to crawl into our productive mechanism in order later to wreck it when they get new orders from somewhere abroad."
"For the President Personal & Secret: Correspondence Between Franklin D. Roosevelt and William C. Bullitt," Orville H. Bullitt, p. 522

b. Roosevelt threw himself into shoring up the USSR at any cost- in July of 1942 he lost 23 out of 34 ships in just one Lend-Lease supply voyage...

c. ...151,000 troops were left unsupplied in the Philippines....think Bataan Death March...

d. ....the British colony of Singapore was left without air cover in order to satisfy Stalin's desire for the planes. Found in Paul Johnson's "Modern Times," 'included 200 modern fighter aircraft, originally intended for Britain's highly vulnerable base in Singapore, which had no modern fighters at all. The diversion of these aircraft, plus tanks, to Russia sealed the fate of Singapore." Johnson, Op.Cit., p. 386.
Singapore fell February 15, 1942.

e. ...Roosevelt purged anti-communist Foreign Service officers when given a "list of officials who were supposedly undermining American relations with Russia" by Soviet Foreign Minister Litvinov. The purges began in 1937, and, irony of irony, Litvinov was dragged out of his position and replaced with Molotov, by Stalin, because Litvinov was Jewish, and Stalin had treaties with Hitler.

f. The New Deal 'reorganization' of the State Department called for the destruction of "the best Soviet Library in the United States." (according to Loy Henderson, Soviet and Eastern European Affairs Officer, State Department.) The 'Library' was broken up and dispersed among various files in the Library of Congress.
"Blacklisted by History: The Untold Story of Senator Joe McCarthy and His Fight Against America's Enemies" by M. Stanton Evans, p. 83-84

3. Representative Martin Dies formed a committed to investigate communism, but found that government archives of communist records and correspondence had been destroyed. He wrote: "I was informed, confidentially, by a man well placed in the Department of Justice, that they were destroyed after it was learned that the Dies Committee was determined to conduct a full-scale investigation of Communism."
It was Harry Hopkins, FDR's White House live-in Soviet spy, who turned down Dies' request of assistance from Roosevelt to help furnish the nascent committee with a staff of lawyers, investigators and stenographers.
Dies, "Martin Dies' Story," p. 64.

a. Although the reference 'card-carrying Communist' was once accurate, the CPUSA stopped issuing cards once the Dies Committee began hearings. The highest membership serial number that his committee came across was 195,762.
'Given that Communists strive for quality, it was amazing tht they had been able to grow from 10,000 aliens in 1919 to nearly 200,000 members in 1938, mostly naive born or naturalized citizens."
Dies, Ibid, p. 62-63.

4. Remarkable as the attempt to make files inaccessible seems, it is just as common during Obama's term, during which both the Justice Department and the Pentagon have overseen the methodical purges of "anti-Islamic" educational materials from security and military files and training courses.
Diana West, "American Betrayal," chapter one.

5. "Because the American way and the Soviet system were diametrically opposed, FDR had to lie to present common ground to the American people. In order to make his Big Lie stick, he also had to remove the people who knew better. Literally. On a larger, more punitive scale, [Victor] Kravchenko discussed the same process."
West, Ibid, p. 247.

Kravchenko wrote, of his Soviet experiences:

"Shamelessly, without so much as an explanation, it revised half a century of Russian history. I don't mean simply that it falsified some facts or gave a new interpretation of events. I mean that it deliberately stood history on its head, expunging events and inventing facts.

It twisted the recent past--a past still fresh in millions of memories--into new and bizarre shapes, to conform with the version of affairs presented by the blood-purge trials and the accompanying propaganda... The roles of leading historical figures were perverted or altogether erased.... More than that, living witnesses, as far as possible, were removed. The directing staff of the Institute of Marx, Engels and Lenin in Moscow, repository of ideological truth, were removed and the more important people among them imprisoned or shot."
http://belousenko.com/books/Berberova/kravchenko_i_chose_freedom_english.htm

And that is what FDR did in America.

...did to America.

FDR is responsible for the Communist genocide of almost 100 million humans. The world would have been a better place if he didn't so openly support Mao and Stalin.

FDR is responsible for the Communist genocide of almost 100 million humans. The world would have been a better place if he didn't so openly support Mao and Stalin.

You must get this information to the historians of America, every historical group in this country should know this new information. As soon as the historians know what you know they will stop rating FDR as America's greatest president and rate him, at least sixth worst, just below Bush. Don't waste a minute.

You must get this information to the historians of America, every historical group in this country should know this new information. As soon as the historians know what you know they will stop rating FDR as America's greatest president and rate him, at least sixth worst, just below Bush. Don't waste a minute.

One capable of thinking and comprehending, would dispute the statements made in the OP that clearly show FDR a stooge for Stalin, rather than believe what they are told by statist historians. Logic dictates that one must evaluate ALL the facts known to us today, before making a conclusion.

But then, we know you are not capable of logical thinking. You prefer to be TOLD what to think....you would do well in the USSR.

What has happened to critical thinking?

And to the the courage to confront the new....and even dangerous facts?

I appreciate you reading the OP...but each and every time you fail to even try to deny said facts....
....for some reason you provide an insipid post suggesting that some other intellect is superior to yours, and you require their perspective to tell you what to believe.

This is one of those intellectual disconnects....you don't try to deny the new facts....but claim that you are unable to incorporate same into your thinking.

I provide the facts, and tell you the sources of same....you do with them what you wish.

I appreciate you reading the OP...but each and every time you fail to even try to deny said facts....
....for some reason you provide an insipid post suggesting that some other intellect is superior to yours, and you require their perspective to tell you what to believe.

This is one of those intellectual disconnects....you don't try to deny the new facts....but claim that you are unable to incorporate same into your thinking.

I provide
the facts, and tell you the sources of same....you do with them what you wish.

When you send all those historians the facts on FDR you might include a little reminder about critical thinking. Those historians have been rating presidents since 1948 and by this time they may be getting a little senile, so the more help they can get from posters on facts, on history, and critical thinking, the better.

FDR had a little white house built in Warm Springs, Ga. due to the healing properties in the Springs there. He stayed there during the summer. His mistress stayed there with him. It was common knowledge in Warm Springs that Eleanor's secretary was his mistess. She offered to divorce him but he declined the offer fearing it would harm his reputation. The Little White House is now a museum which includes the original furnishings - his personal belongings, etc. I've seen it. Quite a story behind the scenes for FDR.

I provide

When you send all those historians the facts on FDR you might include a little reminder about critical thinking. Those historians have been rating presidents since 1948 and by this time they may be getting a little senile, so the more help they can get from posters on facts, on history, and critical thinking, the better.

"When you send all those historians..."

That requires this explanation of another of our differences.

I never assume anyone else....anyone.....has a greater ability than I at having expertise. I read sources from both left and right.

I can read, analyze, and do research.

You, it seems, allow others to tell you what to think....e.g., "historians."

Get this:
Historian is a term for those who study history.
I study history....albeit not from 1948...
I must be one of those historians you claim to rely on.

FDR had a little white house built in Warm Springs, Ga. due to the healing properties in the Springs there. He stayed there during the summer. His mistress stayed there with him. It was common knowledge in Warm Springs that Eleanor's secretary was his mistess. She offered to divorce him but he declined the offer fearing it would harm his reputation. The Little White House is now a museum which includes the original furnishings - his personal belongings, etc. I've seen it. Quite a story behind the scenes for FDR.

Interesting.
"She offered to divorce him but he declined the offer fearing it would harm his reputation."
I've read that she threatened to divorce him...but he promised to break it off with Mercer.....he lied. This was way before his presidency.
Her house in Hyde Park also has original furnishings.

I've visited his home, and Eleanor's- they are separate- at Hyde Park....and been to the FDR Presidential Library.

What I found amusing was the attached building, the Henry A. Wallace Visitor and Education Center.

Wallace, was one of Roosevelt's three vice presidents......and a total dupe of the communists.

He insisted that peace would be assured “if the United States guaranteed Stalin control of Eastern Europe.” (Ronad Radosh, “Progressively Worse,” The New Republic, June 12, 2000)
When Stalin seized Czechoslovakia, Wallace sided with Stalin. When Stalin blockaded Berlin, Wallace opposed the Berlin Airlift. After visiting a Soviet slave camp, Wallace enthusiastically described it a s a “combination TVA and Hudson Bay Company.”
Ibid

Had not, as the Declaration of Independence notes, the Supreme Judge of the world mandated that FDR live long enough for Wallace to be replaced by Truman......Stalin would have had another dupe in the Oval Office.

Are you familiar with the old trivia question, what was Eleanor Roosevelt's maiden name?

What the fuck was so "Great" About FDR?

His economic programs were two terms of total failure

More people on his staff and at State reported to Stalin than to him

He let the Japanese attack Pearl Harbor

He was a bigger racist than LBJ

I provide

I never assume anyone else....anyone.....has a greater ability than I at having expertise. I read sources from both left and right.

Get this:

Nope I don't rely on someone who claims that the only qualification to be an historian is to say, "I study history."

Get this:

Nope I don't rely on someone who claims that the only qualification to be an historian is to say, "I study history."

A better answer would have been a differentiation based on having been publishes.

That is, after all, the only real difference.

And, related to that, you, it seems, rely on those with a Leftist bent, who, therefore, would not be critical of FDR.

It's too bad that this post goes in "History," because the FDR endeavors are largely responsible for the social breakdown we face today....
Under Roosevelt's alignment with Soviet communism the United States "exchanged foundational principles and guiding ideas" for some sort of vain, destructive, moral relativity.

1. Behind FDR's lies and actions which served to cover and support Stalin's murderous regime had to be the belief that, either,
....or, that he believed that he could incorporate Stalin into an organization with himself as the 'CEO.'

The former explanation would represent illimitable evil.....the latter, abysmal ignorance.

2. There is the false notion that FDR's infatuations began due to a need for the Soviet Union's aid in WWII, .....but he rushed to recognize them in 1933- was the first hint.

a. As former ambassador to the Soviet Union, William Bullitt, queried him about why he, FDR, persuaded the public that "communists had become the friends of democracy" and that he should remind all "that Communists in the United States are just as dangerous enemies as ever, and should not be allowed to crawl into our productive mechanism in order later to wreck it when they get new orders from somewhere abroad."
"For the President Personal & Secret: Correspondence Between Franklin D. Roosevelt and William C. Bullitt," Orville H. Bullitt, p. 522

b. Roosevelt threw himself into shoring up the USSR at any cost- in July of 1942 he lost 23 out of 34 ships in just one Lend-Lease supply voyage...

c. ...151,000 troops were left unsupplied in the Philippines....think Bataan Death March...

d. ....the British colony of Singapore was left without air cover in order to satisfy Stalin's desire for the planes. Found in Paul Johnson's "Modern Times," 'included 200 modern fighter aircraft, originally intended for Britain's highly vulnerable base in Singapore, which had no modern fighters at all. The diversion of these aircraft, plus tanks, to Russia sealed the fate of Singapore." Johnson, Op.Cit., p. 386.

e. ...Roosevelt purged anti-communist Foreign Service officers when given a "list of officials who were supposedly undermining American relations with Russia" by Soviet Foreign Minister Litvinov. The purges began in 1937, and, irony of irony, Litvinov was dragged out of his position and replaced with Molotov, by Stalin, because Litvinov was Jewish, and Stalin had treaties with Hitler.

f. The New Deal 'reorganization' of the State Department called for the destruction of "the best Soviet Library in the United States." (according to Loy Henderson, Soviet and Eastern European Affairs Officer, State Department.) The 'Library' was broken up and dispersed among various files in the Library of Congress.
"Blacklisted by History: The Untold Story of Senator Joe McCarthy and His Fight Against America's Enemies" by M. Stanton Evans, p. 83-84

3. Representative Martin Dies formed a committed to investigate communism, but found that government archives of communist records and correspondence had been destroyed. He wrote: "I was informed, confidentially, by a man well placed in the Department of Justice, that they were destroyed after it was learned that the Dies Committee was determined to conduct a full-scale investigation of Communism."
It was Harry Hopkins, FDR's White House live-in Soviet spy, who turned down Dies' request of assistance from Roosevelt to help furnish the nascent committee with a staff of lawyers, investigators and stenographers.

a. Although the reference 'card-carrying Communist' was once accurate, the CPUSA stopped issuing cards once the Dies Committee began hearings. The highest membership serial number that his committee came across was 195,762.
'Given that Communists strive for quality, it was amazing tht they had been able to grow from 10,000 aliens in 1919 to nearly 200,000 members in 1938, mostly naive born or naturalized citizens."
Dies, Ibid, p. 62-63.

4. Remarkable as the attempt to make files inaccessible seems, it is just as common during Obama's term, during which both the Justice Department and the Pentagon have overseen the methodical purges of "anti-Islamic" educational materials from security and military files and training courses.

5. "Because the American way and the Soviet system were diametrically opposed, FDR had to lie to present common ground to the American people. In order to make his Big Lie stick, he also had to remove the people who knew better. Literally. On a larger, more punitive scale, [Victor] Kravchenko discussed the same process."
West, Ibid, p. 247.

"Shamelessly, without so much as an explanation, it revised half a century of Russian history. I don't mean simply that it falsified some facts or gave a new interpretation of events. I mean that it deliberately stood history on its head, expunging events and inventing facts.

It twisted the recent past--a past still fresh in millions of memories--into new and bizarre shapes, to conform with the version of affairs presented by the blood-purge trials and the accompanying propaganda... The roles of leading historical figures were perverted or altogether erased.... More than that, living witnesses, as far as possible, were removed. The directing staff of the Institute of Marx, Engels and Lenin in Moscow, repository of ideological truth, were removed and the more important people among them imprisoned or shot."
Text collection

...did to America.

"In 1926, Roosevelt started the non-profit Georgia Warm Springs Foundation on the site of the springs he visited to partake of the waters' therapeutic effects. Twelve years later, he reinvented the charity as the National Foundation for Infantile Paralysis (NFIP). The NFIP was a non-partisan association of health scientists and volunteers that helped fund research for a polio vaccine and assisted victims on the long path through physical rehabilitation. Funded originally through the generosity of wealthy celebrities at yearly President's Birthday Balls, the foundation could not raise money fast enough to keep pace with polio's continued toll on America's children and, during the Depression, the polio epidemic worsened. In 1938, Roosevelt decided to appeal to the general public for help. At one fundraiser, celebrity singer Eddie Cantor jokingly urged the public to send dimes to the president, coining the term March of Dimes. The public took his appeal seriously, flooding the White House with 2,680,000 dimes and thousands of dollars in donations"

Franklin Roosevelt founds March of Dimes ? History.com This Day in History ? 1/3/1938

What has PoliticalChic done in her miserable life besides spread hate, fear and partisanship in an effort to further divide our country?

What is her agenda? Besides character assassinations and the RED SCARE?

Last edited:

Dies, Ibid, p. 62-63.

West, Ibid, p. 247.

Text collection

...did to America.

"In 1926, Roosevelt started the non-profit Georgia Warm Springs Foundation on the site of the springs he visited to partake of the waters' therapeutic effects. Twelve years later, he reinvented the charity as the National Foundation for Infantile Paralysis (NFIP). The NFIP was a non-partisan association of health scientists and volunteers that helped fund research for a polio vaccine and assisted victims on the long path through physical rehabilitation. Funded originally through the generosity of wealthy celebrities at yearly President's Birthday Balls, the foundation could not raise money fast enough to keep pace with polio's continued toll on America's children and, during the Depression, the polio epidemic worsened. In 1938, Roosevelt decided to appeal to the general public for help. At one fundraiser, celebrity singer Eddie Cantor jokingly urged the public to send dimes to the president, coining the term March of Dimes. The public took his appeal seriously, flooding the White House with 2,680,000 dimes and thousands of dollars in donations"

Franklin Roosevelt founds March of Dimes ? History.com This Day in History ? 1/3/1938

What has PoliticalChic done in her miserable life besides spread hate, fear and partisanship in an effort to further divide our country?

Smert Komitet Gossudarstvennoy Bezopasnosti!

Get lost, you lying scum.

Dies, Ibid, p. 62-63.

West, Ibid, p. 247.

Text collection

...did to America.

No. But thanks so much for asking.

Let's see, what might you have accomplished in your 30 something years (?). A career? No, not with the amount of time you spend proselytizing on this forum (and I presume others); Marriage and a family? No, not likely - divorce and several "get lost, you lying scum" failed relationships seems likely; does she own a dog or a cat? I doubt it, narcissists aren't usually into caring for others - human or animal (though she may own a cat and use it like a 'beard').

And really, what is her agenda if not what I suggested?

Let's see, what might you have accomplished in your 30 something years (?). A career? No, not with the amount of time you spend proselytizing on this forum (and I presume others); Marriage and a family? No, not likely - divorce and several "get lost, you lying scum" failed relationships seems likely; does she own a dog or a cat? I doubt it, narcissists aren't usually into caring for others - human or animal (though she may own a cat and use it like a 'beard').

I had a blossoming career as a life guard until some blue kid got me fired.

I had a blossoming career as a life guard until some blue kid got me fired.

No, but thanks for asking. I see CrusaderFrank thanked you, you must be so proud. When I think of the body of work produced by those who find you to be brilliant, witty and clever, I'm truly amazed. Amazed someone would 'show their face' after getting praise from the village idiots.

BTW, do you have a cat?

The blanket term "Lies" is too far reaching in any honest analysis, IMO, rather a critical look at what occurred.

FDR believed that capitalism and excessive competition were responsible for the failed economy and implemented over bearing government intervention which was deemed unconstitutional and prolonged the great depression.

"The policies were contained in the National Industrial Recovery Act (NIRA), which exempted industries from antitrust prosecution if they agreed to enter into collective bargaining agreements that significantly raised wages. Because protection from antitrust prosecution all but ensured higher prices for goods and services, a wide range of industries took the bait, Cole and Ohanian found. By 1934 more than 500 industries, which accounted for nearly 80 percent of private, non-agricultural employment, had entered into the collective bargaining agreements called for under NIRA.

Cole and Ohanian calculate that NIRA and its aftermath account for 60 percent of the weak recovery. Without the policies, they contend that the Depression would have ended in 1936 instead of the year when they believe the slump actually ended: 1943.

Even after being deemed unconstitutional, Roosevelt's anti-competition policies persisted — albeit under a different guise, the scholars found. Ohanian and Cole painstakingly documented the extent to which the Roosevelt administration looked the other way as industries once protected by NIRA continued to engage in price-fixing practices for four more years...."
FDR's policies prolonged Depression by 7 years, UCLA economists calculate / UCLA Newsroom

If I were a mindless hack spouting off anything which furthers my agenda I would call FDR a Communist. Thankfully, I am a pragmatist who just wants to get at the truth regardless of the label.

Too much government interference hampers free enterprise as FDR's policies demonstrate and a laissez faire approach to economic growth and stability should always take precedence over government intervention.

Forum List

Back