the lesbian thread or girl on girl

manu1959

Left Coast Isolationist
Oct 28, 2004
california
just saw this on the news....two young ladies getting married both in white dresses with veils ..... what is the point of wereing white to say "hey i am a virgin" hell you are going to die a virgin.....or am i missing something

Heh...hehehe....hehehehe!

I just thought that was hilarious for some reason. But, in technicality, so long as they have sex (don't know how and don't wanna know), they aren't virgins.

Heh...hehehe....hehehehe!

I just thought that was hilarious for some reason. But, in technicality, so long as they have sex (don't know how and don't wanna know), they aren't virgins.

well it just seemed so bizzare .... white dress = hey honey i am a virgin, i saved myself for you..... you can take my virginity later..... oops not possible .... no penis ....

just saw this on the news....two young ladies getting married both in white dresses with veils ..... what is the point of wereing white to say "hey i am a virgin" hell you are going to die a virgin.....or am i missing something

Maybe it was a double wedding and their new hubbies were not in that shot? :baby:

The truth is that wedding ceremonies have lost all of their real meaning in our increasingly secular society. The white wedding dress is supposed to represent the purity of the bride, and in ages past, those re-marrying after being widowed or divorced would wear a different color dress. When the preacher said, "You may kiss the bride," it was because couples didn't kiss until they were married. The preacher was giving permission for the groom to kiss the bride. Then, the honeymoon was to give the couple the chance to fully experience the idea of marriage: Living together, sex, etc.

Now, we have women who can't even figure out who fathered each of their 10 children wearing white up the aisle, even though they're about as pure as sewage. A preacher giving the groom permission to kiss the bride is laughable in many modern marriages, as the groom has probably already laid his lips on every square inch of her body by that point. And lastly, the honeymoon has lost its meaning, as many married couples have lived together prior to the wedding. The ceremony has lost so much of its meaning, that more and more people are dropping the money for 6 figure weddings, desperately looking to squeeze some meaning out of a ceremony that doesn't really mean anything anymore.

The truth is that wedding ceremonies have lost all of their real meaning in our increasingly secular society. The white wedding dress is supposed to represent the purity of the bride, and in ages past, those re-marrying after being widowed or divorced would wear a different color dress. When the preacher said, "You may kiss the bride," it was because couples didn't kiss until they were married. The preacher was giving permission for the groom to kiss the bride. Then, the honeymoon was to give the couple the chance to fully experience the idea of marriage: Living together, sex, etc.

Now, we have women who can't even figure out who fathered each of their 10 children wearing white up the aisle, even though they're about as pure as sewage. A preacher giving the groom permission to kiss the bride is laughable in many modern marriages, as the groom has probably already laid his lips on every square inch of her body by that point. And lastly, the honeymoon has lost its meaning, as many married couples have lived together prior to the wedding. The ceremony has lost so much of its meaning, that more and more people are dropping the money for 6 figure weddings, desperately looking to squeeze some meaning out of a ceremony that doesn't really mean anything anymore.

One reason I think many live together too.

My wedding might not have some of the more historical or traditional meanings you've touched on, but I assure you it won't be meaning-less. Just a different meaning.

One reason I think many live together too.

Ours was "on the cheap", as the father-of-the-bride wasn't invited. The donation to the church was taken care of by grandpa. Business suit for the groom and home made (gorgeous) dress for the bride (white with off white trim). The reception hall was borrowed from the Mason's, again very cheap. We hired a bar keep, who told us how much booze to buy. Hired a local DJ, who was excellent. Catering was a chicken meal, and lots of it. We got many comments that it was the best wedding that many had been to.

Good people, good music, booze and food- how can you go wrong?
:rock:

My wedding might not have some of the more historical or traditional meanings you've touched on, but I assure you it won't be meaning-less. Just a different meaning.

Been there done that. Both living together with one and getting married to another. They are TOTALLY different situations. I understand what you're saying, ClayT.

But...
I’d never recommend anyone live together thinking there is a “true” commitment. It may seem so, but it’s not. That piece of paper and those vows REALLY solidify commitment, for most people anyway. I also agree with what Hobbit said.

Forum List

Back