The left's "Tax the Rich" mantra is actually a lie

That's essentially what filing taxes is for a self employed individual.
Good grief, self employed have to make estimated tax payments each quarter or suffer fines and interest at the end of the year. They don't get to wait until the last minute to pay their taxes.

Good grief, self employed have to make estimated tax payments each quarter or suffer fines and interest at the end of the year. They don't get to wait until the last minute to pay their taxes.
Exactly. That poster obviously knows nothing about being self-employed.

Exactly. That poster obviously knows nothing about being self-employed.
Or how much more the self employed have to pay in taxes and fees and permits and every other means federal, state and local government use to reach into their pockets and steal their money. Don't even get me going on business property taxes a small business has to pay even if the business loses money. Government considers businesses and the self employed as their piggy bank.

I'm posting this again to hopefully bypass BluesLegend 's trolling. Please read the entire post before responding.

The transfer of wealth over the last 40 years from the bottom 90% to the top is well over $50 trillion, not even counting the national debt -now approaching $30 trillion.

Taxing that back would be impossible without major capital gains and estate taxes which will never pass through Congress.

It would be like removing all the fish from the ocean and then waiting for them to evolve back.

That money's gone.

Or how much more the self employed have to pay in taxes and fees and permits and every other means federal, state and local government use to reach into their pockets and steal their money. Don't even get me going on business property taxes a small business has to pay even if the business loses money. Government considers businesses and the self employed as their piggy bank.
Definitely. And what about how we have to pay both halves of the social security tax? I never paid so much tax on my earnings as I did when I was self-employed,

People are clueless when it comes to business owners. I can’t tell you how many times someone would say “oh you can write that off” when I had a large expenditure. They thought it would cost me nothing, not understanding that I still have to pay for it - it just gets subtracted from my taxable income. It doesn’t net out to zero.

I'm posting this again to hopefully bypass BluesLegend 's trolling. Please read the entire post before responding.

The transfer of wealth over the last 40 years from the bottom 90% to the top is well over $50 trillion, not even counting the national debt -now approaching $30 trillion.

Taxing that back would be impossible without major capital gains and estate taxes which will never pass through Congress.

It would be like removing all the fish from the ocean and then waiting for them to evolve back.

That money's gone.
How as this wealth "transferred"? This should be good for a laugh.

Definitely. And what about how we have to pay both halves of the social security tax? I never paid so much tax on my earnings as I did when I was self-employed,

People are clueless when it comes to business owners. I can’t tell you how many times someone would say “oh you can write that off” when I had a large expenditure. They thought it would cost me nothing, not understanding that I still have to pay for it - it just gets subtracted from my taxable income. It doesn’t net out to zero.
Or the sometimes years and years of sacrifice it takes to build a business before it's even profitable. No retirement savings, plans, no paid vacations, no paid health insurance etc. THEN as soon as the business takes off and starts turning a profit the mooching deadbeats and vultures arrive to rob you blind.

Many "small businesses " are owned by wealthy corporations and rich cats. That's something most don't realize. From franchises to pretty much all retail gigs....since the 80's vulture capitalists swooped in.

Many "small businesses " are owned by wealthy corporations and rich cats. That's something most don't realize. From franchises to pretty much all retail gigs....since the 80's vulture capitalists swooped in.
Yeah? How many? I doubt you have any data to back up the BS you are spewing but go ahead.

No they’re not. Most small businesses are owned by a sole proprieter, or a partnership between two three individuals. Many net out around $50,000 for the owner. You have some misguided idea that “small businesses” are the evil rich guy, ripping off other people.

Is this where the hostility for small business comes from (from liberals)?

You know what ....I used to like you....as angelo,,,,,but you're a dick now. Go suck one man....
I disagree with you deal with it. Try to imagine when paying the amount of taxes we pay how tiring it is to hear people who pay a fraction of that or nothing bitch and complain constantly about how we stole something from them and we don't pay our "fair share" or their wealth inequality BS. That's easy when the employer shoulders all the risk and you just sit back collecting a paycheck.

Yeah? How many? I doubt you have any data to back up the BS you are spewing but go ahead.
Congratulations on being the only person on my ignore list
20211023_215332.jpg

Forum List

Back