P@triot

Diamond Member
Jul 5, 2011
United States
The headline says it all and the closing sentence caps it off perfectly...

Climate-alarmist researchers say they’ve found a disturbing strategy to trick you into ‘going green’
Fear isn’t a new a tactic for climate alarmists, but this study shows, using scientific data, fear actually works.
Climate-alarmist researchers say they’ve found a disturbing strategy to trick you into ‘going green’

I have a trick too.

I ignore them.

Everything the left says is a trick! That's why I only listen to them for my own amusement. It's like all the dems took the blue pill so they can stay in the delusional matrix, and make reality up as they go.

Things like, a baby in the womb isn't human if I don't want it to be. I'm a man but I don't have to be if I don't want to be. I can mase old ladies and young girls, if I don't agree with them but, it's not intolerance if I don't want to call it that. The list goes on and on.

Absolutely, the left has found a trick to make you go green. A trick so sneaky and devastating that it is even working in Texas.

Texas city opts for 100% renewable energy – to save cash, not the planet

News that a Texas city is to be powered by 100% renewable energy sparked surprise in an oil-obsessed, Republican-dominated state where fossil fuels are king and climate change activists were described as “the equivalent of the flat-earthers” by US senator and GOP presidential hopeful Ted Cruz.

“I was called an Al Gore clone, a tree-hugger,” says Jim Briggs, interim city manager of Georgetown, a community of about 50,000 people some 25 miles north of Austin.
...................................................................................................................................................
When its staff examined their options last year, they discovered something that seemed remarkable, especially in Texas: renewable energy was cheaper than non-renewable. And so last month city officials finalised a deal with SunEdison, a giant multinational solar energy company. It means that by January 2017, all electricity within the city’s service area will come from wind and solar power.

In 2014, the city signed a 20-year agreement with EDF for wind power from a forthcoming project near Amarillo. Taking the renewable elements up to 100%, SunEdison will build plants in west Texas that will provide Georgetown with 150 megawatts of solar power in a deal running from 2016 or 2017 to 2041. With consistent and reliable production the goal, the combination takes into account that wind farms generate most of their energy in the evenings, after the sun has set.

Texas city opts for 100% renewable energy – to save cash, not the planet

And that trick is called capitalistic economics. Solar and wind are now the cheapest forms of energy available.

Fear isn’t a new a tactic for climate alarmists, but this study shows, using scientific data, fear actually works.
It' the same strategy they've been using for years.

I have a trick too.

I ignore them.

Just start discussing the cost of their schemes and suddenly people lose interest in so-called "green energy."

I have a trick too.

I ignore them.

Just start discussing the cost of their schemes and suddenly people lose interest in so-called "green energy."

I have a trick too.

I ignore them.

Ignoring working for you? You didn't see the post from Old Rocks about the Texas town saving money by switching to renewables?

The Left-Wing Lies

Ignoring working for you? You didn't see the post from Old Rocks about the Texas town saving money by switching to renewables?
It clearly it works for you. Notice how the article doesn't say a damn thing about the ROI? That's not by mistake. It will probably take somewhere around 75 years (or more) for the city to recoup the millions and millions of dollars it costs to purchase and install solar and wind products.

It clearly it works for you. Notice how the article doesn't say a damn thing about the ROI? That's not by mistake. It will probably take somewhere around 75 years (or more) for the city to recoup the millions and millions of dollars it costs to purchase and install solar and wind products.

:lol: Thats it... keep pulling numbers directly out of your fourth point of contact. Germany has it figured out.

Germany Just Got Almost All of Its Power From Renewable Energy

And I'm sure the TX town looked at what their ROI would be. It's not hard... there are internet calculators.

Calculating Solar ROI - SUNWORKS | SOLAR SOLUTIONS

Yeah, these liars all claim the renewable energy is so cheap, but all the while ignoring the cost of getting it.

:lol: Thats it... keep pulling numbers directly out of your fourth point of contact. Germany has it figured out.

And I'm sure the TX town looked at what their ROI would be. It's not hard... there are internet calculators.

How come you are so sure about things of which you know actually nothing?

And I'm sure the TX town looked at what their ROI would be.
As usual...SeaLiar not dealing in facts but rather her "sure" assumptions. I'm "sure" that Texas town looked at the ROI as well - and it is so dreadful that they are not even willing to share it with the public.

I watched those being installed once on tv. For a single family home it required 4 large solar panels (when I say large - I'm talking the height of a basketball hoop and the width of an automobile). Each one was $40,000. For those that have a left-wing education and thus can't do basic math, that's a grand total of $160,000 (not including installation costs, maintenance costs, and replacement costs). I won't spend $160,000 on my energy bill in my lifetime.

The highest bill I have ever had was $200. Taking that extreme and extrapolating it out over 12 months, it comes to $2,400. Which means it will take 67 years just to get a return on that investment. And since you don't start paying utilities until you are in your 20's, that means you'll need to live to 86 just to break even and 87 to see a return. And again - that doesn't even include installation, maintenance, and replacement. It's the ultimate type of stupidity that could only come from the left.

They had to do cost studies in order to do the project.

I'm more sure they have than you are they didn't.

I have a trick too.

I ignore them.

I have a trick too.

I ignore them.

The Left-Wing Lies
Politicians claim they are saving money. Reality often differs from what politicians claim.

They had to do cost studies in order to do the project.

I'm more sure they have than you are they didn't.

I'm sure it wasn't difficult to find a company that produced a "study" supporting their agenda.

Germany, where power costs 3 times what it costs here? They have it "figured out?"

Liberalism is a LIE hence everything associated with it including liberals are lies and liars. Now you have a reason to hate the left as I do.

Global Warming = the lefts war on corporations and the 'rich'. Its just another in a LONG string of hoaxes the left has drummed up to attack their enemies.

Before global warming it was...

1. An ice age is coming
2. Endangered species like the spotted owl are dropping like flies
3. Deformed frogs and the ozone layer

Forum List

Back