The Left Really Just Hates freedom

ihopehefails

VIP Member
Oct 3, 2009
The more I think about it the more I realize that the progressive left hates freedom more than anything. I can't think of anything they have ever done that promotes freedom in any way but I can point out what they do for power and power over others. Most conservatives are pretty content with leading their lives the way they want to without being bothered by the forced collective thinking of the left. Its sad that a country born with a new idea in this world is slowly reverting back to the old world way of thinking.

The left is the force that has moved this country forward at every step in history.

The more I think about it the more I realize that the progressive left hates freedom more than anything. I can't think of anything they have ever done that promotes freedom in any way but I can point out what they do for power and power over others. Most conservatives are pretty content with leading their lives the way they want to without being bothered by the forced collective thinking of the left. Its sad that a country born with a new idea in this world is slowly reverting back to the old world way of thinking.

True enough. They're content as long as everyone else leads the same kind of life they're leading. :eusa_whistle:

Give historic examples.

Heres some on the left.

Revolution to be free from England

labor laws

ending slavery

Womens sufferage

louisaina purchase

Cumberland road

Deplomacy which Franklin used to get the frenchs help in the revolution

higher education

just off the top of my head

Last edited:

Really? What freedoms have you lost due to positions from the "progressive left"?

Are you not the same person, who started a thread about land owners being the only ones who could vote?

I think if you had some intelligence you would have seen that I was stating why Locke believed that property owners were citizens since it was the government's job to protect that property. I was simply paraphrasing what someone else thought.

The left is the force that has moved this country forward at every step in history.

I think what you guys are moving us toward is a fascist state. Just look at what the fascist believe in and you would see that the progressives also believed the same things. In fact, the many fascist were compared to progressive presidents like the Rosevelts (both of them). This observations was made all throughout the western world.

I'm not saying that you guys want to lock people up like the NAZIs did...hold on...I'm googling Rosevelt's executive order to lock up non-american looking citizens during WWII. I believe that was done by executive order almost like a dictatorship did in NAZI germany...

Really? What freedoms have you lost due to positions from the "progressive left"?

I've lost the freedom to smoke. Where can I smoke now? I'm losing the freedom to see my doctor the way I want to. The government now controls most industries which controls the choices in products I want to buy. Think about everything you buy and realize that most of creativity of what you buy is done by the government as it legislates what products it can make.

Give historic examples.

Heres some on the left.

Revolution to be free from England

labor laws

ending slavery

Womens sufferage

louisaina purchase

Cumberland road

Deplomacy which Franklin used to get the frenchs help in the revolution

higher education

just off the top of my head

Wait..

Ok.

The first one, is probably the most ridiculous one.. ever..

I think your Confusing Liberal in today's sense to Classic Liberal.
Get a clue please.

I've lost the freedom to smoke. Where can I smoke now? I'm losing the freedom to see my doctor the way I want to. The government now controls most industries which controls the choices in products I want to buy. Think about everything you buy and realize that most of creativity of what you buy is done by the government as it legislates what products it can make.

We also will be forced to use mercury laden lightbulbs in another few years.

You can smoke anywhere that is not a public facility. You have lost NOTHING concerning your doctor. What have you lost in freedoms because you think the government controls and legislates all products?

You can smoke anywhere that is not a public facility. You have lost NOTHING concerning your doctor. What have you lost in freedoms because you think the government controls and legislates all products?

Ihopehefails has a valid point on smoking, you can try and deminish what he stated, but he has been limited in the sources where he could smoke prior to now.

Ihopehefails has a valid point on smoking, you can try and deminish what he stated, but he has been limited in the sources where he could smoke prior to now.

I am a smoker. I live in Virginia. The REPUBLICAN controlled general assembly banned smoking in public restaurants last year. How does Ihopehedies have a point, again?

New Topics

Forum List

Back