The LATimes Makes Fun of Him???

PoliticalChic

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
. "We’re the country that built the Intercontinental Railroad," Barack Obama.

That's what the president of the United States flat-out said Thursday during what was supposed to be a photo op to sell his jobs plan next to an allegedly deteriorating highway bridge.

A railroad between continents? A railroad from, say, New York City all the way across the Atlantic to France? Now, THAT would be a bridge!

It's yet another humorous gaffe by the Harvard graduate, overlooked by most media for whatever reason. Like Obama saying Abraham-Come-Lately Lincoln was the founder of the Republican Party. Or Navy corpseman. Or the Austrian language. Fifty-seven states. The president of Canada. Etc.
New gaffe: Obama hails America's historic building of 'the Intercontinental Railroad' - latimes.com

Didn't the Democrats label Bush a dunce for this kind of stuff?

This is an opinion piece by Andrew Malcom. That it is in the LA times is interesting. But it is not the opinion of the Times.

it is a fun read, btw.

Maybe because it is old news. Fumble around so much it becomes old. Remember all the fuss they had about Quayle back with Bush I?

Uhhh, maybe you are not that old. That was like 20 years ago. :eusa_eh:

Last edited:
This is an opinion piece by Andrew Malcom. That it is in the LA times is interesting. But it is not the opinion of the Times.

it is a fun read, btw.

Remember this one, also in the LATimes:

Anyway, in a well-intentioned attempt at Spanish and a joke about being a day early, Obama said:
"Bienvenidos. Welcome to Cinco de Cuatro -- (laughter) -- Cinco de Mayo at the White House. We are a day early, but we always like to get a head start here at the Obama White House."
Apparently unbeknownst to the president he wasn't saying "Happy May 4th." He was saying, "Happy fifth of fourth."
El Presidente Obama celebrates 'Cinco de Cuatro' - latimes.com

Maybe because it is old news. Fumble around so much it becomes old. Remember all the fuss they had about Quayle back with Bush I?

Exactly my point.

Kind of blunts he first level attack the Left uses against every Republican...the one's they fear.

it is a fun read, btw.

Remember this one, also in the LATimes:

Anyway, in a well-intentioned attempt at Spanish and a joke about being a day early, Obama said:
"Bienvenidos. Welcome to Cinco de Cuatro -- (laughter) -- Cinco de Mayo at the White House. We are a day early, but we always like to get a head start here at the Obama White House."
Apparently unbeknownst to the president he wasn't saying "Happy May 4th." He was saying, "Happy fifth of fourth."
El Presidente Obama celebrates 'Cinco de Cuatro' - latimes.com

Isn't Obama supposed to be like the smartest guy in any room?

:lol:

The Quale jokes had less material, but they ran it into the ground.

The fun thing is, the dam is breaking. Two years ago he walked on water. Pretty soon he will be flushed away

Exactly my point.

Kind of blunts he first level attack the Left uses against every Republican...the one's they fear.

Yeah, Bush was an idiot for saying nucular.... Obama speaks of 58 states, corpsemen and intercontinental railroads... and we're not supposed to laugh?

Exactly my point.

Yeah, Bush was an idiot for saying nucular.... Obama speaks of 58 states, corpsemen and intercontinental railroads... and we're not supposed to laugh?

now u made a gaph. he said 57 not 58, let us all roll on her for it.

Exactly my point.

Soggy in NOLA claims to be a harvard grad, a constitutional attorney, President of the United States and touted as one of the smartest people in the country?

If not....then I must say your post is a sad diversion.

Exactly my point.

He said 57 with one more to go. I'm no mathematician, but I think 57 + 1 = 58.

Please advise if otherwise.

He said 57 with one more to go. I'm no mathematician, but I think 57 + 1 = 58.

Please advise if otherwise.

Did i make a gaph, now roll on me! Unless your real heavy

Soggy in NOLA claims to be a harvard grad, a constitutional attorney, President of the United States and touted as one of the smartest people in the country?

If not....then I must say your post is a sad diversion.

I did?

Speaking of diversions....

:lol:

Obama is perfect! How dare you neo-con war mongers attack him! He is so smart....and dreamy.....and brilliant ...and he stinks like cigarettes.......

State and Local governments are actually funded from a state and local tax base. The Ivy League is only just now becoming aware of this apparently little known, abberation: Of where all the Manna From Heaven actually comes from!

Jesus is not involved! Even Republicans seem to know this(?)! Customers in the stores are not expected to do any spending(?): According to Boehner-Cantor-Mitchell-Cain(?)-Nein! Nein! Nein!--Romney-Perry-Huntsman--Bachmann--Gingrich--Paul-Paul, et. al. Austerity is all that works, like in Europe(?)!

So to keep it austere, just like in Europe, the Ivy League took hundreds of billions of dollars and sent it to the states and local governments: Wherein they spent it all on themselves.

Serious, "austere," was being created: At The White House, Of The Ivy League!

Serious, "Even More Austere," is being proposed: At the House and Senate GOP!

Finally, a Grant was let to roof the crappers in a park near Mammoth Lakes, CA! The Great Work Was Done! The Republicans were vindicated! Austere really happened, and not new state or lcoal basis of taxes--Was Created!

"Crow, James Crow: Shaken, Not Stirred!"
(Funny-Looking German Man: Maybe not run in races in Olympics, even: Anytime soon!)

so do you think Obama is not human?

is that the new rights claim?

Is there a human walking who has never made a mistake?

Did Bush ever misspeak?

Forum List

Back