The Last Dance

Jake Winker Frogen

Platinum Member
Apr 24, 2020
I watched the end and what I came away with is that Micheal Jordan could not hit a baseball to save his life.

Baseball is harder to master than basketball.

I watched the end and what I came away with is that Micheal Jordan could not hit a baseball to save his life.

I remember Bo Jackson - I think from the Los Angeles Raiders at the time (I could be wrong). He played both football and baseball.
Deon Sanders was also a decent Baseball player

I remember Bo Jackson - I think from the Los Angeles Raiders at the time (I could be wrong). He played both football and baseball.

Jackson was a freak athlete, he was an all-star at both, but a better football player in my opinion. His injury was so unnecessary too, trying to gain a few yards in a useless game. That's the way competitive people are wired.

It was a very good Netflix series, brought back a great deal of memories. Regardless of the protection from the refs after the Piston years and the stuff he got away with (at least in my eyes) in the end, Jordan always found a way to win. Nobody can take that away from him.

Without question though, they protected him (after the Piston Bad Boy years). As David Stern said, before Jordan the NBA was telecast in 85 countries, once "Air Jordan" became, they were in something like 250 countries. Also, check out the ratings for the finals with and without Jordan, he was a huge draw.

Be it MVP's in all-star games when he returned from baseball. A game which I recall (if memory is correct) that Shaq probably deserved, he the most involved in the game, on the boards etc. and was top scorer, and I didn't like Shaq as a player. The skewed foul stuff, both getting and giving, that really bothered me and I'm sure many fans and players. All of this has to be considered when realizing how players react to this series years later (on top of his non-stop trash talking). A guy like Malone with a great passer like Stockton feeding him, was as dominant as Jordan was for a year or two, but it was always all about Jordan. This had to bother Karl.

It's big business and like all sports leagues, they protect their assets and often give them a boost I'm sure. Jordan did things at will at times, it didn't seem fair. The game was so much more enjoyable with the battles in the paint than this 3point stuff we see today.

The difference between basketball and baseball is there is no crying in baseball.

No crying in baseball!!!!!!!!!

Lou Gehrig almost cried, but he pulled it back in at the last moment like a man and real baseball player.

Had he cried he would have been forever banished from the Baseball Hall of Fame.

When Babe Ruth was told he was dying of throat cancer he scarfed six hot dogs and chugged 20 beers
and pointed to heaven with his bat.

There is no crying in baseball.

Hey, FROGEN, you misspelled "Michael", you loon. And baseball was NOT his best sport, obviously. I give him kudos for just TRYING to play minor league baseball. Just his presence in these games attracted and drew MANY fans who ordinarily wouldn't have cared about Double A minor league baseball. For this alone he is to be commended.

Hey, FROGEN, you misspelled "Michael", you loon. And baseball was NOT his best sport, obviously. I give him kudos for just TRYING to play minor league baseball. Just his presence in these games attracted and drew MANY fans who ordinarily wouldn't have cared about Double A minor league baseball. For this alone he is to be commended.

I was using the non angelic spelling.

I do not worship sports figures.

You cant live in the past if you're a professional athlete, you have to live in the here and Now

Forum List

Back