The larger issue beyond WV vs EPA

Actually these rulings are leading us back to the original intent of the United States.

It's progressives that have fought for more ability to govern removed as far from the people governed as possible.
The more I hear, the more I have to agree with you. It's like we are hitting the reset button. I'm okay with it. It's up to Congress to act not agencies like the EPA. I get it.

Just because people abuse the system doesn't mean the system has to be scrapped.

What has to happen is it has to be reset to the way it was intended to be.
President Trump for all his faults, and he had some, did an absolutely incredible good job in that reset. We the voters let him down by allowing the Democrats to take back the House at the midterm and that slowed him down considerably, but he was absolutely getting it done. More slowly but surely.

So we need him or somebody with his kind of out-of-the-box thinking, vision, instincts, and skill set back in the White House and like minded legislators to back him up. Too many old guard Republicans in the Senate especially too often quietly but effectively sabotaged him at times.

One absolute law of management: You cannot fix bad people by changing the system. And you cannot fix a bad system by changing the people.

I appreciate Manchin. He is old guard liberal Democrat but at least has enough integrity to not be willing to deliberately sabotage the country. We can manage with people like him in the opposition.

Actually these rulings are leading us back to the original intent of the United States.

It's progressives that have fought for more ability to govern removed as far from the people governed as possible.

Really? Well if you don't like the EPA, you can't like the Federal Reserve. If the EPA is unconstitutional, so is the Federal Reserve. Yesterday they were talking about how the Feds have too much power. How Congress like it that the Feds raise interest rates because doing so is always politically unpopular.

Are conservatives against the Federal Reserve like they are against the EPA?

Really? Well if you don't like the EPA, you can't like the Federal Reserve. If the EPA is unconstitutional, so is the Federal Reserve. Yesterday they were talking about how the Feds have too much power. How Congress like it that the Feds raise interest rates because doing so is always politically unpopular.

Are conservatives against the Federal Reserve like they are against the EPA?

The EPA has reason when it comes to things that cross State lines, after that they should defer to the States. The Fed Reserve manages a federally issued currency, which is a power given to the federal government by the Constitution.

What conservatives want is for those agencies to stick to their explicit mandates, not expand on them without congressional approval, and for congress to keep to the Constitution when giving them powers.

Forum List

Back