The Kracken Was Released -- And It Was Dumber Than I Thought

And that's pretty dumb.

I wish I could post the entire article, because it is hilarious at noting how stupid the lawsuits are. It details the spelling mistakes and lack of using a space bar, making the document almost "unreadable."

But to hit the highlights as they pertain to the courts.

Powell had been threatening to release the Kraken for the last week, which she spent ā€œpracticing law on her ownā€ after being unpersoned by the Trump legal team following a press conference in which she spouted conspiracy theories so insane that even Giulianiā€™s hair dye was trying to get out of the room. It wasnā€™t clear what the Kraken was until it was released and we learned that it had taken the form of matching his-and-hers lawsuits in Georgia and Michigan. Lawsuits that have redefined rock bottom. ...​
The two lawsuits, which are very similar to each other, reiterate more or less the same meritless claims that just got Rudy et al. unceremoniously tossed out of the Third Circuit. ...​

But as specious the legal arguments are and as incomprehensible as the copy is, the craziest thing about the case is the substance. This complaint reads like it was drafted at the afterparty for a three-day QAnon convention. And it might have been, given that one of Powellā€™s more absurd ā€œwitnessesā€ is Ronald Watkins who, alongside his father, runs the imageboard where ā€œQā€ drops his messages. Hmmmm. The reason Watkins is part of this case is unclear. Powell is claiming him as an expert in Dominionā€™s voting software, but you would hope that she could find someone betterā€”like I donā€™t know, someone who has worked with it maybe?​
The basis of Watkinsā€™s alleged expertise is the fact that he claims to have read the manual. This may come as a surprise but reading a software manual does not qualify you to testify as an expert witness in a federal courtroom.​
If you can believe this, Watkins isnā€™t even the strangest witness. The award would go to Mystery Man Lord Tensai. Powell redacted this witnessā€™s name from all the filings, including those sent to the defendants. The Mystery Witness proclaims that he/she/it wants to ā€œlet the world know the truth about the corruption, manipulation, and lies being committed by a conspiracy of people and companiesā€ that ā€œbegan more than a decade ago in Venezuela and has spread to countries all over the world.ā€ Our Mystery Witness, whom the declaration assures us is ā€œan adult of sound mineā€ [sic . . . lmao] claims to have gathered the information about this conspiracy while serving on long-dead Venezuelan dictator Hugo Chavezā€™s security detail. We donā€™t know this personā€™s name, but they tell us that if we doubt the veracity of their claims, we only have toā€”well, see for yourself.​
Ah so the Mystery Witness also has a Mystery Corroborator!​
For those who are not versed in the particulars of high-stakes lawsuits of this nature, let me affirm that, no, you cannot hide the identity of your star witness from the people youā€™re suing. And no, you cannot hide the identity of the people who will vouch for the veracity of your star witness. ...​

There is zero chance of this succeeding.

But that's not the point of the lawsuits. The point of the lawsuits is to further convince Trump's voters that the election was stolen, even though there is no evidence that can be held up in a court of law.

It's Kabuki Theater.
FAKE NEWS. It would be impossible for the case to be dumber than I think. :)

Forum List

Back