The Killing Of The United States of America

GOP plaintiff prevailed on 14 of the 21 cases decided on the merits.
Source for this claim?
Lol, so I’m supposed to believe this just because they wrote it?

okay. Sure.

I’d love to see these cases they supposedly won.
You believe what NYT and WP say and they are known liars.
They don’t make unsupported claims.

This silly website does. There’s nothing to support this claim.
The Hell they don't. What was Russia collusion?

If the Democrats are allowed to pass and implement this bill, you will have two choices, accept the loss of everything this country has ever stood for, or prepare for the second American Revolution.

This is the most comprehensive explanation of what's in HR-1 that I've seen. Please read the complete report before commenting. Thanks in advance.

Was wondering how long before the anti-democracy crowd would be bitching about HR-1. It will probably pass. Have you picked your next country yet? Bye.
They want to make DC a state along with other odd laws. Will never pass in the senate.
Nope. If you had read my long post where some air head, wanted me to respond to the right wing talking points post, slanted their way those to ignorant of lazy to read a piece of legislation, you would have seen my comment, saying I do not care about that section and would just as soon DC stay as it is. I am not much of a throw the baby with the bathwater. Never, ever saw a piece of legislation (especially one as complicated as that, thought most are nowadays) that I agreed with every single line. Overall, I still support the bill. It will be tweaked and edited before this is over in the Senate. It goes a long way to requiring securities and accountabilities, and conformance performance across the country in regards to Federal elections, that were complained about by both sides during the 2020, including paper backup that can be viewed by the voter and cross referenced to the electronic count to insure the worst fear (voting machine programming shenanigans) to not take place. It codifies early voting times that is being curtailed in state legislatures, in the effort to keep the opposition party from voting. It makes registering to vote simpler and quicker for all that have trouble standing in line at some location (often DMV) to register or make changes to registration and make the voting database more accessible to states cross referencing voters that might try to register in more than one place. the bill does a host of thing and contribute to greater participation of the populous in voting, which is the basis of our democratically elected representative form of constitutional governance.
So how do you think it will pass when the resolution has DC as a state in it?
Don't know. Just as soon it got stripped in the Senate, as it is not the primary focus of the bill. I prefer clean legislation that stays on topic, just as I prefer clean spending bills that stay on topic, as we all do, but do not get very often anymore. Not sure we ever have, but I didn't start reading entire pieces of legislation until a few years ago, as I too was to lazy to do more than just bitch about what some partisan writer picked out as the most important to make a case for or against based on their political preferences.
Is it the fault of the partisanship of a writer to question why a bill for COVID relief for the American people includes millions of dollars to Ivy League Universities with endowments of billions?

Are you concerned that other reporters and writers dont see an issue with that?

Or is it the "Faux News" organization who is the problem.
You do know you are on the wrong thread, right? HR-1 is about voting, not covid. That last paragraph refers to some dumb ass Representative thinking the bill on securing and codifying voting federal elections should also have statehood for DC. Support it if you like. It is just not an issue I care about and is not associated with voting, voting rights or voting laws. Always dishonest when some jerk tacks on a unrelated matter, standard legislation or spending. Often it is either a tag along to something they will pass or a poison pill to kill good legislation, but always a bad idea in my opinion, as I prefer clean legislation.
My error.
I did not have the patience to read your, as you put it, long post. Not your fault. My lack of free time. I misunderstood the topic and I made an ass of myself.
Happened before and will happen again. But I learn from it every time.

I am sorry I wasted your time.

If they were secure Trump would be president. Next.
I get it. You wanted Trump to win. You really believed he would. But he didn’t. You don’t have to invest excuses for him.
Trump did win. He was defrauded. They are not excuses they are the truth.
It’s an excuse. You decided Trump was going to win. You excluded all other possibilities. Then when he lost, you searched for a reason to believe what you wanted to believe.

It’s like if I declared that KC was going to win the super bowl a week before it occurred. Then when they lost, I said it was only because of cheating. You’d question whether I was fairly accusing them because I had decided the outcome even before it occurred.

If the Democrats are allowed to pass and implement this bill, you will have two choices, accept the loss of everything this country has ever stood for, or prepare for the second American Revolution.

This is the most comprehensive explanation of what's in HR-1 that I've seen. Please read the complete report before commenting. Thanks in advance.

The Heritage Foundation is giving us the "facts", what, no Breitbart or Gateway Pundit?

I'm prepared for this "revolution" you speak of, and I believe that the FBI and the Federal government is preparing as well, as this was identified as the key threat facing our democracy when Pres. Obama was in office. As January 6th has proven, rightwing domestic terrorism is our greatest threat to democracy.

Yeah, that's the commie propaganda being pushed in the state run media. The fact is there were left wing kooks involved in Jan 6 as well. One in particular was calling for the capitol to be burned and was stupid enough to go on TV and provide self incriminating video to the FBI.

Well, then you obviously didn't even look at or try to understand the Constitutional basis for H. R. 1 - 117th, only looking to spew criticism from a foundation of ignorance. The Heritage Foundation (HF) is a Rightwing propaganda mill, but you already knew that when you opted that as a "source" rather than H. R. 1 itself which doesn't include the distortions supplied and asserted by HF.

If you had been looking for TRUTH and FACT rather than partisan propaganda to support your fellow far-right fanatics of the type of tripe HR supplied, you would have looked at Section III of H. R. 1 FIRST and found the legal basis laid out, and that Amendment XIV was that CONSTITUTIONAL BASIS, notwithstanding the hyperbolic hogwash you cited from the Heritage Foundation! It took me less than 3 minutes to find the Constitutional basis for the bill there all laid out clearly and completely!

Damn Tex! You'll never learn you lazy husk!

I get it. You wanted Trump to win. You really believed he would. But he didn’t. You don’t have to invest excuses for him.
It’s an excuse. You decided Trump was going to win. You excluded all other possibilities. Then when he lost, you searched for a reason to believe what you wanted to believe.

It’s like if I declared that KC was going to win the super bowl a week before it occurred. Then when they lost, I said it was only because of cheating. You’d question whether I was fairly accusing them because I had decided the outcome even before it occurred.
I did not search the evidence of fraud was all over until it was censored. Why would they censor what supposedly is a lie? Guilt has been admitted in countless ways. Censorship is just one of them.

• Funny
Reactions: cnm
In fact it would destroy all vote integrity laws and regulations. And criminalize and objections as to a voters qualifications to vote. From the link in the OP:
  • Violate the First Amendment with respect to a vast range of legal activity. Voter intimidation or coercion that prevents someone from registering or voting is already a federal crime under the Voting Rights Act and the National Voter Registration Act. But H.R. 1 would add a provision criminalizing “hindering, interfering, or preventing” anyone from registering or voting, which is so vague and so broad that it could prevent providing any information to election officials about the ineligibility of an individual, such as an applicant not being a U.S. citizen.

Republicans have one chance to win elections moving forward, and that is thru fraud. Your very post reinforces this, if people cannot be disqualified from voting, Republicans will lose. They have to be able to "hinder, interfere, and prevent", and they do this through Jim Crow laws, many now being reinvented and/or rebranded under Republican legislatures in Republican states, in order to win electoral votes at the Federal level.

Poor little commie, you're displaying your ignorance again. Democrats were responsible for Jim Crow laws, the rest of your post is full of it.

I did not search the evidence of fraud was all over until it was censored. Why would they censor what supposedly is a lie? Guilt has been admitted in countless ways. Censorship is just one of them.
The evidence came from people similarly conditioned to believe it existed. Trump was saying this the whole time.

Paraphrasing, he said he’d only lose if there was fraud. Now how could he know that before the election? No votes were counted but he was telling people he had already won.

You call censorship, other people call stopping misinformation. I wouldn’t want to be part of perpetuating your lies either.

The Heritage Foundation is unfortunately a bunch of political hacks. They have no credibilty whatsoever. When Ronald Reagan took office, the Herirtage Foundation was dedicated to finding conservative solutions to problems facing this country. It was more than just cut, cut, cut. Today like other conservative institutions, it has been taken over by Trump fascists.

The right to vote is enshrined in our Constitution. Every American should have a basic set of rights when they vote. In the 50s and 60s democrat governors stood at the doors of white schools and told black students they could not enter. Today it is Republican fascists who are standing at the polling booth to stop people from voting. The federal government stepped in to stop desegragation and needs to step in to stop fascist Republicans as well.

The analysis is a pack of lies.

The fact is that voters who register the same day could be given provisional ballots.

The legislation does not do away with voter id. It would require them to sign a affadavit if they do not have a ID.

It should be up to voters to decide whether they want to vote in advance not politicians.

There is nothing wrong with no excuse absentee balloting. The fact is that there has been no major fraud in mail in ballots except in NC and that was caught by election officials. Trump used ballot harvesting to get his absentee ballot to Florida on time.

The trouble is that the postal service's change of address information is not always accurate. The fact is that many state GOP organizations who relied on such things as this were wrong in claiming they were not qualified to vote.

Imagine telling these groups that they have to disclose their donors. The public has a right to know who is financing a campaign. It is also time to reduce tyhe amount of money in poilitics and the Supreme Court was wrong in the Citizens United case. It is time we started regulating campaigns.

I support HR1. Republicans are dead set on maintaining their grip on power by denying the people the right to vote.

Meh...my state already does most of this stuff. It’s mostly no brainer changes.

I see nothing wrong with the actual bill itself something the article and the thread avoid.
I'm an anti America CCP shill and I see nothing wrong with the actual bill itself something the article and the thread avoid.

There, fixed it for you
If you tried to actually read the bill you would find several reforms you'd like but as far as I can tell you do what the crowd does and you don't try to stand alone and be an individual.
For instance?

One specific law, the Fugitive Slave Act of 1850, forced individuals and local governments in non-slave states to participate in capturing escaped slaves and returning them to their owners, and specifically denied those captured people the right to any sort of trial or hearing prior to be shipped back South. It was a duly-enacted law, "defining the process in legislation", as you smugly put it. Would you consider that due process?
In the US? Absolutely. And many people received it. That they received due process is shown as it was not able to be contested in law.

Do you know anything about the history of your country?

The evidence came from people similarly conditioned to believe it existed. Trump was saying this the whole time.

Paraphrasing, he said he’d only lose if there was fraud. Now how could he know that before the election? No votes were counted but he was telling people he had already won.

You call censorship, other people call stopping misinformation. I wouldn’t want to be part of perpetuating your lies either.
The evidence came from the states own data. The evidence came from concerned citizens. The evidence came from cardboard being put over windows. The evidence came from stopping the count in states at about the same time only to resume without observers.

New Topics

Forum List

Back