The Killing Of The United States of America

prove it,, and if they did two wrongs dont make a right,,,
I suggest if that was illegal someone sue them,,,

OH wait,, someone did and the courts ruled it was legal under state law,,,
Courts ruled the same thing in all the states Texas was complaining about in their lawsuit too.

Not true, only one court heard the merits of the cases and the republicans won that case.

Amazing - One drop box in Harris county which has a population of 4.7 million people. Idiots.
The only way they win is to suppress votes.
Securing elections is not suppressing the vote. The people in GA were protesting the need for IDs.
The elections are secure. These laws aren’t intended to fix a problem since the problem doesn’t really exist.
If they were secure Trump would be president. Next.
:lmao::lmao::lmao:

Uh, no. If Trump got more votes to beat Biden, he'd be president.
Biden won by massive fraud. Nothing you can ever say will change that fact.
:itsok:

Amazing - One drop box in Harris county which has a population of 4.7 million people. Idiots.
The only way they win is to suppress votes.
Securing elections is not suppressing the vote. The people in GA were protesting the need for IDs.
The elections are secure. These laws aren’t intended to fix a problem since the problem doesn’t really exist.
If they were secure Trump would be president. Next.
:lmao::lmao::lmao:

Uh, no. If Trump got more votes to beat Biden, he'd be president.
Biden won by massive fraud. Nothing you can ever say will change that fact.
:itsok:
Massive and obvious fraud. FACT.

If the Democrats are allowed to pass and implement this bill, you will have two choices, accept the loss of everything this country has ever stood for, or prepare for the second American Revolution.

This is the most comprehensive explanation of what's in HR-1 that I've seen. Please read the complete report before commenting. Thanks in advance.

Was wondering how long before the anti-democracy crowd would be bitching about HR-1. It will probably pass. Have you picked your next country yet? Bye.
They want to make DC a state along with other odd laws. Will never pass in the senate.
Nope. If you had read my long post where some air head, wanted me to respond to the right wing talking points post, slanted their way those to ignorant of lazy to read a piece of legislation, you would have seen my comment, saying I do not care about that section and would just as soon DC stay as it is. I am not much of a throw the baby with the bathwater. Never, ever saw a piece of legislation (especially one as complicated as that, thought most are nowadays) that I agreed with every single line. Overall, I still support the bill. It will be tweaked and edited before this is over in the Senate. It goes a long way to requiring securities and accountabilities, and conformance performance across the country in regards to Federal elections, that were complained about by both sides during the 2020, including paper backup that can be viewed by the voter and cross referenced to the electronic count to insure the worst fear (voting machine programming shenanigans) to not take place. It codifies early voting times that is being curtailed in state legislatures, in the effort to keep the opposition party from voting. It makes registering to vote simpler and quicker for all that have trouble standing in line at some location (often DMV) to register or make changes to registration and make the voting database more accessible to states cross referencing voters that might try to register in more than one place. the bill does a host of thing and contribute to greater participation of the populous in voting, which is the basis of our democratically elected representative form of constitutional governance.
So how do you think it will pass when the resolution has DC as a state in it?
Don't know. Just as soon it got stripped in the Senate, as it is not the primary focus of the bill. I prefer clean legislation that stays on topic, just as I prefer clean spending bills that stay on topic, as we all do, but do not get very often anymore. Not sure we ever have, but I didn't start reading entire pieces of legislation until a few years ago, as I too was to lazy to do more than just bitch about what some partisan writer picked out as the most important to make a case for or against based on their political preferences.
Is it the fault of the partisanship of a writer to question why a bill for COVID relief for the American people includes millions of dollars to Ivy League Universities with endowments of billions?

Are you concerned that other reporters and writers dont see an issue with that?

Or is it the "Faux News" organization who is the problem.
You do know you are on the wrong thread, right? HR-1 is about voting, not covid. That last paragraph refers to some dumb ass Representative thinking the bill on securing and codifying voting federal elections should also have statehood for DC. Support it if you like. It is just not an issue I care about and is not associated with voting, voting rights or voting laws. Always dishonest when some jerk tacks on a unrelated matter, standard legislation or spending. Often it is either a tag along to something they will pass or a poison pill to kill good legislation, but always a bad idea in my opinion, as I prefer clean legislation.

It has nothing to do with race. The problem in our country is we have too many stupid people voting. If it were up to me, everybody would have to go to the polls, take an extremely simple test to secure they have the minimal knowledge needed to vote.
This one do?

Test1.jpg.CROP_.article920-large.jpg

Could You Pass This Literacy Test Designed To Prevent Black Americans From Voting?

No, no, no. I mean political knowledge. Questions like what party is in charge of the White House? What party does the VP belong to? What party is leading the House, the Senate? Who is the Speaker of the House? Is the United States debt free or do we have a debt? If so, how much debt is the US in?

Now, they can be multiple choice questions of course, but people that can't circle the right answer should not be allowed to vote. And no, you wouldn't be allowed to use your smart phone either.

I suggest if that was illegal someone sue them,,,

OH wait,, someone did and the courts ruled it was legal under state law,,,
Courts ruled the same thing in all the states Texas was complaining about in their lawsuit too.

Not true, only one court heard the merits of the cases and the republicans won that case.

GOP plaintiff prevailed on 14 of the 21 cases decided on the merits.

If the Democrats are allowed to pass and implement this bill, you will have two choices, accept the loss of everything this country has ever stood for, or prepare for the second American Revolution.

This is the most comprehensive explanation of what's in HR-1 that I've seen. Please read the complete report before commenting. Thanks in advance.

Was wondering how long before the anti-democracy crowd would be bitching about HR-1. It will probably pass. Have you picked your next country yet? Bye.
They want to make DC a state along with other odd laws. Will never pass in the senate.
Nope. If you had read my long post where some air head, wanted me to respond to the right wing talking points post, slanted their way those to ignorant of lazy to read a piece of legislation, you would have seen my comment, saying I do not care about that section and would just as soon DC stay as it is. I am not much of a throw the baby with the bathwater. Never, ever saw a piece of legislation (especially one as complicated as that, thought most are nowadays) that I agreed with every single line. Overall, I still support the bill. It will be tweaked and edited before this is over in the Senate. It goes a long way to requiring securities and accountabilities, and conformance performance across the country in regards to Federal elections, that were complained about by both sides during the 2020, including paper backup that can be viewed by the voter and cross referenced to the electronic count to insure the worst fear (voting machine programming shenanigans) to not take place. It codifies early voting times that is being curtailed in state legislatures, in the effort to keep the opposition party from voting. It makes registering to vote simpler and quicker for all that have trouble standing in line at some location (often DMV) to register or make changes to registration and make the voting database more accessible to states cross referencing voters that might try to register in more than one place. the bill does a host of thing and contribute to greater participation of the populous in voting, which is the basis of our democratically elected representative form of constitutional governance.

The fact is there is no such thing as a federal election. All elections without exception are State and lower elections. The only provision constitutionally is to allow the federal congress to set the date for the election, everything else is left to the States.

Good luck with that. I believe they are referring to elections for positions in House of Representative, Senate and Presidency. Take it up with the Supreme Court.

I suspect you are more about limiting the vote than encouraging the vote. I have no fear of the people voting. I just want it on the up and up, easy, accessible, efficient and secure, without politically gerrymandered districts.
You know that's blasphemy to some in this thread. But it wouldn't be before time.
Trust me, many on this thread and this board deserve all the blasphemy that comes their way, especially the jerks that want to limit basic voting rights so they can avoid having to consider the views of the majority, but can control with a minority. Guess they would rather have no vote at all if they could get away with it. They can't.

When States violate their own laws, constitutions and the federal constitution in order to rig an election, other States have every right to call them out.
First, it’s not their right as the SCOTUS determined.

Two, election wasn’t rigged by allowing people to vote.

Last, Texas violated their own laws and then try to go to the SCOTUS to whine about others? Hypocrites

SCOTUS like the other courts chose not to hear the merits of the case and used a technicality to avoid it.

Source for this claim?
Lol, so I’m supposed to believe this just because they wrote it?

okay. Sure.

I’d love to see these cases they supposedly won.
You believe what NYT and WP say and they are known liars.

SCOTUS like the other courts chose not to hear the merits of the case and used a technicality to avoid it.
The technically is that states don’t have a right to call out other state’s voting laws (contrary to what you stated).

That’s more than a technicality, that’s a fundamental misunderstanding of the judicial system.

anyone to stupid to answer those has no business voting,,,
How about people too stupid to spell "too" are not allowed to vote?
mine is a product of public education not lack of any education,,,

I am sure youre one of those people that cant have a verbal conversation because you dont know if they are spelling correctly or using proper quotations,,,
Include people who can't use punctuation properly. Imagine the quality of government America could attain.

Source for this claim?
Lol, so I’m supposed to believe this just because they wrote it?

okay. Sure.

I’d love to see these cases they supposedly won.
You believe what NYT and WP say and they are known liars.
They don’t make unsupported claims.

This silly website does. There’s nothing to support this claim.

Making people pass a test to vote would be something I oppose vehemently. You want to control which legal voters get to vote. Immoral and anti american.

Forum List

Back