The Killing Of The United States of America

If the Democrats are allowed to pass and implement this bill, you will have two choices, accept the loss of everything this country has ever stood for, or prepare for the second American Revolution.

This is the most comprehensive explanation of what's in HR-1 that I've seen. Please read the complete report before commenting. Thanks in advance.

Why do you listen to others tell you what your opinion should be? Are you incapable of posting the actual bill for debate?

To expand Americans’ access to the ballot box, reduce the influence of big money in politics, strengthen ethics rules for public servants, and implement other anti-corruption measures for the purpose of fortifying our democracy, and for other purposes.

The intro doesn't sound like it was created to "destroy" the USA.

In fact your argument seeks to continue to withhold Americans ability to have access to the ballot box, increase the influence of big money in politics, you want to also weaken ethics rules for public servants and you are pro-corruption and for the dismantling of our democracy.

There's a hard rule I've learned over the decades. Anything the commies put forward will accomplish the exact opposite of what they say it will. You can dress up evil in fancy clothes all you want, just because it looks nice won't alter the fact, it's still evil.

Oh, you mean like when a person calls themselves a Christian and then doesn't act like a Christian is actually a communist?

You are aware that there is no need for a communist to be a Democrat they can be a Republican?

Yet CPUSA always endorse commiecrats, go figure.

There's a hard rule I've learned over the decades. Anything the commies put forward will accomplish the exact opposite of what they say it will. You can dress up evil in fancy clothes all you want, just because it looks nice won't alter the fact, it's still evil.

Democrats never pass any legislation unless it benefits them professionally or promotes strength of their party.

If the Democrats are allowed to pass and implement this bill, you will have two choices, accept the loss of everything this country has ever stood for, or prepare for the second American Revolution.

This is the most comprehensive explanation of what's in HR-1 that I've seen. Please read the complete report before commenting. Thanks in advance.

One thing Democrats and Republicans both understand: The Democrats have no chance at winning in a fair and traditional election system the way our founders designed. With Covid they discovered a way to get the more stupid and politically ignorant to vote; more Obama phone and Obama money ladies. Of course they are going to try and make their plot mandatory in all states.
WRONG...i my opinion.

The democrats found a way to get the lazy ass people who did not want to get off the couch to vote because it aint worth their time...and God Forbid if they miss Oprah, and they certainly dont want to not be home when Publishers clearing house arrives with their flowers, balloons and check....and to them voting is a chore and not a privilege.......so lets make it easy...we will send you a ballot, send someone to your house to help you fill it out and take it to the mailbox for you....

and why?

Because you are a dumbass lazy individual who has better things to do than spend an hour voting.

Now...thats the fucking truth and anyone who argues has no idea what the fuck is going on in urban America.

Sounds reasonable to me. We should have a national standard of elections.

Given our countries LONG history of violating voting rights, this kind of law is long overdue.

And if we Republicans ever get total control over the country again, you're going to agree with our standards, like one-day voting, no mail-in unless you can prove you can't vote in person, all states must have Voter-ID laws, voter roll purging every two years?

You forgot proof of citizenship to vote.

Was wondering how long before the anti-democracy crowd would be bitching about HR-1. It will probably pass. Have you picked your next country yet? Bye.
They want to make DC a state along with other odd laws. Will never pass in the senate.
Nope. If you had read my long post where some air head, wanted me to respond to the right wing talking points post, slanted their way those to ignorant of lazy to read a piece of legislation, you would have seen my comment, saying I do not care about that section and would just as soon DC stay as it is. I am not much of a throw the baby with the bathwater. Never, ever saw a piece of legislation (especially one as complicated as that, thought most are nowadays) that I agreed with every single line. Overall, I still support the bill. It will be tweaked and edited before this is over in the Senate. It goes a long way to requiring securities and accountabilities, and conformance performance across the country in regards to Federal elections, that were complained about by both sides during the 2020, including paper backup that can be viewed by the voter and cross referenced to the electronic count to insure the worst fear (voting machine programming shenanigans) to not take place. It codifies early voting times that is being curtailed in state legislatures, in the effort to keep the opposition party from voting. It makes registering to vote simpler and quicker for all that have trouble standing in line at some location (often DMV) to register or make changes to registration and make the voting database more accessible to states cross referencing voters that might try to register in more than one place. the bill does a host of thing and contribute to greater participation of the populous in voting, which is the basis of our democratically elected representative form of constitutional governance.

Was wondering how long before the anti-democracy crowd would be bitching about HR-1. It will probably pass. Have you picked your next country yet? Bye.
They want to make DC a state along with other odd laws. Will never pass in the senate.
Nope. If you had read my long post where some air head, wanted me to respond to the right wing talking points post, slanted their way those to ignorant of lazy to read a piece of legislation, you would have seen my comment, saying I do not care about that section and would just as soon DC stay as it is. I am not much of a throw the baby with the bathwater. Never, ever saw a piece of legislation (especially one as complicated as that, thought most are nowadays) that I agreed with every single line. Overall, I still support the bill. It will be tweaked and edited before this is over in the Senate. It goes a long way to requiring securities and accountabilities, and conformance performance across the country in regards to Federal elections, that were complained about by both sides during the 2020, including paper backup that can be viewed by the voter and cross referenced to the electronic count to insure the worst fear (voting machine programming shenanigans) to not take place. It codifies early voting times that is being curtailed in state legislatures, in the effort to keep the opposition party from voting. It makes registering to vote simpler and quicker for all that have trouble standing in line at some location (often DMV) to register or make changes to registration and make the voting database more accessible to states cross referencing voters that might try to register in more than one place. the bill does a host of thing and contribute to greater participation of the populous in voting, which is the basis of our democratically elected representative form of constitutional governance.
So how do you think it will pass when the resolution has DC as a state in it?

In this thread the dems have been called marxists, leninists, commies, fascists, on and on. Oh, and elites. I guess only the right wing republicans are for the little guy? That didn't work out too well in Texas last week. Ted Cruz goofed off in Cancun and Florida while his constituents froze to death. Luckily, this Marxist congresswoman AOC collected a few million for ted's constituents.

If you don't have something to actually contribute, get the fuck out of the thread. Reported.

What, is laughing not a valid response? Another rightie engaging in Cancel Culture™ again?

On topic content is required by the forum rules, you have yet to post anything remotely on topic.

You should have posted in Clean Debate Forum instead of Politics if you wanted thread purity.
Stop Whining :crying:

Don't know. Just as soon it got stripped in the Senate, as it is not the primary focus of the bill. I prefer clean legislation that stays on topic, just as I prefer clean spending bills that stay on topic, as we all do, but do not get very often anymore. Not sure we ever have, but I didn't start reading entire pieces of legislation until a few years ago, as I too was to lazy to do more than just bitch about what some partisan writer picked out as the most important to make a case for or against based on their political preferences.

The Poynter Institute receives broad support from a variety of sources. Here is an alphabetical list of our funders, including all foundations, corporations, partners and individuals that gave the Poynter Institute more than $50,000 for 2020 or 2021. This list was last updated in February 2021.

Charles Koch Foundation
Democracy Fund
Environmental Defense Fund
Facebook
Foundation to Promote Open Society(George Soros)
Gill Foundation
Google News Initiative
Institute for War and Peace Reporting
John S. and James L. Knight Foundation
Lumina Foundation
MacArthur Foundation
Miami Foundation
National Endowment for Democracy
Newmark Philanthropies

What do you do when you want someone to think they’re getting a different product or service (even though it’s the same thing)? You rebrand it. For mainstream media, it’s calling something a fact-check. And it’s increasingly used to pretend their lies are still true.
facts are facts....

lazy is lazy

all the fact checks have lots of different sources to discern the facts from, just click on their source links, and inform yourself.... its not hard, it just takes interest, and a little time.

The bottom line on the 100+ voter suppression bills introduced by Republican legislatures and the opposition to HR1 is that Republicans don't want black and brown people to vote. There, I said it. ;)

The bottom line on the 100+ voter suppression bills introduced by Republican legislatures and the opposition to HR1 is that Republicans don't want black and brown people to vote. There, I said it.

It has nothing to do with race. The problem in our country is we have too many stupid people voting. If it were up to me, everybody would have to go to the polls, take an extremely simple test to secure they have the minimal knowledge needed to vote.

The Democrats found a way to get more stupid to vote via Covid. But Covid will be long behind us in 2022. Therefore they are trying to pass legislation to keep the stupid vote coming. The more stupid votes, the more chance the commies have at retaining power.

In this thread the dems have been called marxists, leninists, commies, fascists, on and on. Oh, and elites. I guess only the right wing republicans are for the little guy? That didn't work out too well in Texas last week. Ted Cruz goofed off in Cancun and Florida while his constituents froze to death. Luckily, this Marxist congresswoman AOC collected a few million for ted's constituents.

Congress people represent the state in DC, not run the state. That's what Governors and state reps do.

Don't know. Just as soon it got stripped in the Senate, as it is not the primary focus of the bill. I prefer clean legislation that stays on topic, just as I prefer clean spending bills that stay on topic, as we all do, but do not get very often anymore. Not sure we ever have, but I didn't start reading entire pieces of legislation until a few years ago, as I too was to lazy to do more than just bitch about what some partisan writer picked out as the most important to make a case for or against based on their political preferences.
Is it the fault of the partisanship of a writer to question why a bill for COVID relief for the American people includes millions of dollars to Ivy League Universities with endowments of billions?

Are you concerned that other reporters and writers dont see an issue with that?

Or is it the "Faux News" organization who is the problem.

The goal of the bill is to enable everyone who is eligible to vote the way they choose. I don't blame the GOP for being scared, they are a party that represents only a minority of voters so a free and open election is their deathknell.

The bottom line on the 100+ voter suppression bills introduced by Republican legislatures and the opposition to HR1 is that Republicans don't want black and brown people to vote. There, I said it.

It has nothing to do with race. The problem in our country is we have too many stupid people voting. If it were up to me, everybody would have to go to the polls, take an extremely simple test to secure they have the minimal knowledge needed to vote.

The Democrats found a way to get more stupid to vote via Covid. But Covid will be long behind us in 2022. Therefore they are trying to pass legislation to keep the stupid vote coming. The more stupid votes, the more chance the commies have at retaining power.
you are every dictator's dream boy! or are trying out for the part? ;)

The goal of the bill is to enable everyone who is eligible to vote the way they choose. I don't blame the GOP for being scared, they are a party that represents only a minority of voters so a free and open election is their deathknell.
you left out something.....you said free and open election. Now it is all about free, open and EASY election.

Those that dont want to deal with the inconvenience of voting, should not have their right to vote made easier.

I've got your "stupid vote" hanging Fascist.
The poorly educated voted Rump.

ilovethepoorlyeducated.gif

WRONG...i my opinion.

The democrats found a way to get the lazy ass people who did not want to get off the couch to vote because it aint worth their time...and God Forbid if they miss Oprah, and they certainly dont want to not be home when Publishers clearing house arrives with their flowers, balloons and check....and to them voting is a chore and not a privilege.......so lets make it easy...we will send you a ballot, send someone to your house to help you fill it out and take it to the mailbox for you....

and why?

Because you are a dumbass lazy individual who has better things to do than spend an hour voting.

Now...thats the fucking truth and anyone who argues has no idea what the fuck is going on in urban America.

Basically the same thing. People who have no idea of our country and politics generally have no interest in voting. Sure, they will vote if it's convenient enough: rides to the polls, multiple day voting, no lines to wait in, mail-in ballots. To take the time and effort into voting, they would sooner stay home.

So like I said, the commies found a way to get the politically ignorant to vote. The extent of their knowledge is Democrats are for the poor people and Republicans are for the rich. Besides, I'll vote Democrat because Democrat sounds like democracy, and I heard democracy is a good thing, right?

We Republicans will do anything to vote because we know and understand what's at stake here. If we have to drive a few miles to get to the polls, we'll be there. If we have to go out in terrible weather conditions, we'll do it. If we have to wait in line for an hour, we'll catch up on our Facebook posts or play video games. But one way or another, people who are knowledgeable of politics will be there to vote, and if only those people did vote, Democrats would never have leadership again in this country.

Democrats never pass any legislation unless it benefits them professionally or promotes strength of their party.

Democrats do little but sit on their fat asses and pass pay raises for themselves in the dead of night. Oh, and get their "little white envelopes" over on K Street each Friday night - or as one actor stated so well "It's good to be the King!"

Forum List

Back