The Killing Of The United States of America

If the Democrats are allowed to pass and implement this bill, you will have two choices, accept the loss of everything this country has ever stood for, or prepare for the second American Revolution.

This is the most comprehensive explanation of what's in HR-1 that I've seen. Please read the complete report before commenting. Thanks in advance.

It won’t pass

Who do you think will stop it?

Sane people in the Senate.

We can only hope.

If the Democrats are allowed to pass and implement this bill, you will have two choices, accept the loss of everything this country has ever stood for, or prepare for the second American Revolution.

This is the most comprehensive explanation of what's in HR-1 that I've seen. Please read the complete report before commenting. Thanks in advance.

Was wondering how long before the anti-democracy crowd would be bitching about HR-1. It will probably pass. Have you picked your next country yet? Bye.

Didn't read the report did ya commie? That bill is the most antithetical thing I've ever seen to democracy. No sane country in the world has or would have anything like it. Now tell the forum what you think is good in the bill, be specific please.

If you don't have something to actually contribute, get the fuck out of the thread. Reported.

What, is laughing not a valid response? Another rightie engaging in Cancel Culture™ again?

On topic content is required by the forum rules, you have yet to post anything remotely on topic.

The Poynter Institute receives broad support from a variety of sources. Here is an alphabetical list of our funders, including all foundations, corporations, partners and individuals that gave the Poynter Institute more than $50,000 for 2020 or 2021. This list was last updated in February 2021.

Charles Koch Foundation
Democracy Fund
Environmental Defense Fund
Facebook
Foundation to Promote Open Society(George Soros)
Gill Foundation
Google News Initiative
Institute for War and Peace Reporting
John S. and James L. Knight Foundation
Lumina Foundation
MacArthur Foundation
Miami Foundation
National Endowment for Democracy
Newmark Philanthropies

What do you do when you want someone to think they’re getting a different product or service (even though it’s the same thing)? You rebrand it. For mainstream media, it’s calling something a fact-check. And it’s increasingly used to pretend their lies are still true.

I have already accepted the facts
USA is a full Marxist nation and we are never going back
I even tried using my “ mutant powers” and tried to turn into a nuclear bomb
I have failed

The commission would be given the authority to compel judges to testify and justify their legal decisions, threatening their independent judgment and subjecting them to political pressure and harassment.
How does testifying and justifying decisions threaten judges or subject them to pressure or harassment?

No sane country in the world has or would have anything like it.
No, I think the Bill's provisions are pretty standard in sane countries in the world. Non partisan districting, controls on foreign money, national electoral commission. Bog standard.

Please read the report folks. I think it contains things that even the most ardent commiecrats would object to.

H.R. 1 is Constitutional reason to get out the pitchforks and pine knot torches.

You forgot the lengths of rope to hang those who would attempt to destroy our Constitution and the Liberty and Freedoms this document has afforded Americans.

Was wondering how long before the anti-democracy crowd would be bitching about HR-1. It will probably pass. Have you picked your next country yet? Bye.

Didn't read the report did ya commie? That bill is the most antithetical thing I've ever seen to democracy. No sane country in the world has or would have anything like it. Now tell the forum what you think is good in the bill, be specific please.

I approve of : “(a) Requiring Availability of internet for Online Registration.—Each State, acting through the chief State election official, shall ensure that the following services are available to the public at any time on the official public websites of the appropriate State and local election officials in the State, in the same manner and subject to the same terms and conditions as the services provided by voter registration agencies under section 7(a):
I approve of : “(A) IN GENERAL.—The appropriate State or local election official shall ensure that any registered voter on the computerized list may at any time update the voter’s registration information, including the voter’s address and electronic mail address, online through the official public website of the election official responsible for the maintenance of the list, so long as the voter attests to the contents of the update by providing a signature in electronic form in the same manner required under section 6A(c) of the National Voter Registration Act of 1993.
With proviso of appropriate electronic signature, of course.

“(c) Signature requirements.—

“(1) IN GENERAL.—For purposes of this section, an individual meets the requirements of this subsection as follows:

“(A) In the case of an individual who has a signature on file with a State agency, including the State motor vehicle authority, that is required to provide voter registration services under this Act or any other law, the individual consents to the transfer of that electronic signature.

I have been signing things electronically for years, even back to military contractor days. It can be done securely and registering online would save a lot of time and travel to locations, making it easier for updating information and voter registration cross checking across states as we are a mobile society now.

I have no problem with same day registration whether all states want it or not.

I like the prohibitions and penalties for knowingly putting out false information that intimidates or misdirects voters before upcoming elections that interfere with their rights to vote.

I do not care whether felons ever get their voting rights back or not, so I do not care about section 1401-1408.

I have no problem with section 1501 and subsection requiring a permanent printed ballot verifiable by the voter and the ability to cross check against the electronic vote, as this would restore a degree of confidence in light of attacks on the integrity of the electronic counts during the 2020 election.

I like the Subtitle H, early voting requirements, Sec 1611, Sec 306.

I like to vote in person just because I can, but I support subtitle I, Vote by mail Sec 1601. Sec 307

I like subsection M, Federal Election Integrity, Sec 1821 Campaign activities by chief State election administration officials, amendment to Sec. 319A.

I like Sec. 1906 Ensuring equitable and efficient operation of polling place, as 30 minute wait time is a laudable goal. to this end, I approve amendment of sec 310 of 52 U.S.C. 21081.

I like sec 311 on use of secured drop boxes for absentee ballots.

I support Subtitle A Finding reaffirming commitment of Congress to restore the voting rights act Sec 2001

I do not care about Subtitle B Findings related to District of Columbia statehood and would rather DC remain as it is.

I agree with Subtitle E, Redistricting Reform Sec 2401 on redistricting congressional districts by independent state commission and 2402, 2411, 2412

Saw Title Election Security and agree in principle to the importance, but it is 02:05 and time for me to go to bed. I could review the rest of and comment, if you like, but I doubt if you would like it. I suspect you are more about limiting the vote than encouraging the vote. I have no fear of the people voting. I just want it on the up and up, easy, accessible, efficient and secure, without politically gerrymandered districts.

Holy shit. What a recipe for disaster that bill is. One can only hope it doesn't pass.

Good Lord. The Dems would win every election. What a load of horse shit that bill is.

Sounds reasonable to me. We should have a national standard of elections.

Given our countries LONG history of violating voting rights, this kind of law is long overdue.

• Seize the authority of states to regulate voter registration and the voting process by forcing states to implement early voting, automatic voter registration, same-day registration, online voter registration, and no-fault absentee balloting.

Okay, that sound pretty good. There's really no good reason why most people can't vote by mail. We collect census information by mail, we collect taxes by mail, we pay bills to federal agencies by mail.

• Hurt voter turnout through 15 days of mandated early voting by diffusing the intensity of get-out-the-vote efforts; it would raise the cost of campaigns. Voters who vote early don’t have the same information as those who vote on Election Day, missing late-breaking developments that could affect their choices.
Meh, if you are voting early, you already knew who you wanted to vote for. The real problem the right has with this is that it increases voter participation, not that somehow, there was a voter out there who said, "Damn, if only I knew about those fake charges against Hunter Biden that Trump has been talking about for the last year!"

• Ban state voter ID laws by forcing states to allow individuals to vote without an ID and merely signing a statement in which they claim they are who they say they are.
Again. Sounds reasonable to me. Frankly, I wasn't asked for an ID the last time I voted. I voted early, told them my name and what town I lived in and it came right up.

• Transfer the right to draw congressional districts from state legislatures to “independent” commissions whose members are unaccountable to voters. H.R. 1 would make it a violation of federal law to engage in “partisan” redistricting and mandate the inclusion of alien population, both legal and illegal, in all redistricting. This is an anti-democratic, unconstitutional measure that would take away the ability of the citizens of a state to make their own decisions about redistricting.
Again, not a problem. Gerrymandering sucks. The fact that we have only about 40 seats in play in any given election because of gerrymandering is kind of the opposite of democracy.

Also, the alien population should be counted as part of districting, because the constitution says "all persons" should be counted in the census, not just citizens.

So let's break it down. The biggest problem you all have with this is that it would INCREASE voter participation, because you know that the GOP only does well when voter turnout is low.

If you guys spent half the time giving people a reason to vote for you that you spend trying to keep people from voting, you might even win legitimate elections.

Death to America is the DNC motto

I see nothing wrong with the actual bill itself something the article and the thread avoid.
I'm an anti America CCP shill and I see nothing wrong with the actual bill itself something the article and the thread avoid.

There, fixed it for you

Forum List

Back