The Kap Effect

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016
Y Cae Ras
Girl, 9, protests at Australian anthem

A nine-year-old girl has stirred controversy after refusing to stand for Australia's national anthem in protest at alleged institutional racism.

Harper Nielsen claimed the song "Advance Australia Fair" ignored the nation's indigenous people.

"When it says 'we are young' it completely disregards the Indigenous Australians who were here before us," she told ABC news Australia.

Controversial right-wing senator Pauline Hanson labelled Harper a brat.

The schoolgirl was given detention last week for "blatant disrespect" over her failure to participate with classmates during a rendition of the song at Kenmore South State School in Brisbane.

Harper, whose parents said they were "proud" of her for showing "incredible bravery", said she felt it was time to "raise awareness and get people thinking".

"When it was originally written, Advance Australia Fair meant advance the white people of Australia," she said in an interview with ABC.

Out of the mouths of babes. As we can see the Aussies are no different to the Yanks when it comes to right wing trash. She is absolutely correct here as well.

Oh goodie more butthurt libs going nuts...was she just told she wasn't going to be the starting QB?....

No one would take financial, parenting, sportsmanship, etc. advice from a nine year old but we should take political advice from one? Insanity.

A nine-year-old doesn't know shit from Shineola. Were she mine, she'd have got me thinking about swatting her behind as a warning to straighten up.

Ah, so you'd teach her a lesson about what dicks authoritarian fascists are.

Sounds like this girl already gets that concept.

A nine-year-old doesn't know shit from Shineola. Were she mine, she'd have got me thinking about swatting her behind as a warning to straighten up.

But in the states they can announce their gayness and profess their desire to change their sex to match their thoughts and are celebrated by society and the media.

Forum List

Back