The Justice Department Blocked AT&T from Gobbling up T-Mobile

ClosedCaption

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2010
:clap2: Fucking Awesome. Someone has to stop At&T and their wanted monopoly.

T-Mobile users rejoice at Justice Dept. blocking AT&T merger - CNN.com

But in the Justice Department's eyes -- and anecdotally those of T-Mobile's customer base as well -- the costs of the merger may outweigh the benefits. "The combination of AT&T and T-Mobile would result in tens of millions of consumers all across the United States facing higher prices, fewer choices and lower quality products for mobile wireless services," said deputy attorney general James M. Cole in the Justice filing.

But in the Justice Department's eyes -- and anecdotally those of T-Mobile's customer base as well -- the costs of the merger may outweigh the benefits. "The combination of AT&T and T-Mobile would result in tens of millions of consumers all across the United States facing higher prices, fewer choices and lower quality products for mobile wireless services," said deputy attorney general James M. Cole in the Justice filing.

:clap2: Don't mess with my T-Mobile. :hellno:

Im no fan of AT&T butt the people in Justice need to be put in prison for what they have done.

Deflect all they want, they are the real criminals, sending weapons to the drug cartels and the liberal dolts in the media and beyond just play coverup for them.

Welcome to the new banana republic of aMerica.

Im no fan of AT&T butt the people in Justice need to be put in prison for what they have done.

Deflect all they want, they are the real criminals, sending weapons to the drug cartels and the liberal dolts in the media and beyond just play coverup for them.

Welcome to the new banana republic of aMerica.

:cuckoo:

They smart assed move has pissed off the CWA union.. tee fucking hee heee.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

ATT is unionized and T Mobile is KNOT.

tee fucking heee heeee..

AT&T has one of the worst customer service rating in US, where as T-Mobile has one of the best. As a T-Mobile customer, I want T-Moble to be T-Mobile.
Also, in a capitalistic economy, competition is good and favors the consumer.

ATT sucks cause it's union.. teee fucking heeee heee.

Monopoly? Puhleeze. As I understand it, T-Mobile is the #4 wireless provider, and AT&T is #2. For those of us who can count, that means there's a #1 and a #3, at least. Hardly a monopoly, and hardly likely to allow a merged company to start hiking prices and blowing off the need for technological advances.

And that's completely leaving aside the fact that there's no way to HAVE a monopoly in a market like the US without government intervention. :eusa_hand:

AT&T has one of the worst customer service rating in US, where as T-Mobile has one of the best. As a T-Mobile customer, I want T-Moble to be T-Mobile.

In a capitalistic economy, the capitalism ensures competition, not the government. And there certainly IS competition. Just because AT&T merges with T-Mobile doesn't mean they get to just relax and do whatever they want.

Monopoly? Puhleeze. As I understand it, T-Mobile is the #4 wireless provider, and AT&T is #2. For those of us who can count, that means there's a #1 and a #3, at least. Hardly a monopoly, and hardly likely to allow a merged company to start hiking prices and blowing off the need for technological advances.

And that's completely leaving aside the fact that there's no way to HAVE a monopoly in a market like the US without government intervention. :eusa_hand:

you always this stupid?

Scroll through her posts if you want a solid laugh. She's a real classy lady.

In a capitalistic economy, the capitalism ensures competition, not the government. And there certainly IS competition. Just because AT&T merges with T-Mobile doesn't mean they get to just relax and do whatever they want.

Their history as far as customer service shows they have been relaxing already.
I just renewed with T-Mobile, but as I'm always a good shopper and love to look up stuff, I did some heavy research. There were alot of negatives about AT&T, the best thing that they have got going is their sheer size.
Also the MORE competition, the better it is for the customer. As a former buyer for a large entity, I found the more choices I had for my dollars the better the prices and customer service I got. It's a no-brainer. And you, as a consumer benefit from wide open competition.

Last edited:

:lol::lol::lol:

Haven't read enough about this decision to judge whether it makes sense.

I think we all agree that monopolies aren't to our benefit generally, but as to whether is merger would have created a too powerful combine in communications I cannot say.

Well, I was with At&T left to go with Cingular and guess what happened? At&T merged with them...Now they want to merge with T-mobile. I dont see At&T doing the "right thing" because capitalism isnt about the right thing its about making money.

Uhm,, this would have been a good move. they just want to hold at&t's feet to the fire for political sppt. and $$$$$$$$$.

Haven't read enough about this decision to judge whether it makes sense.

I think we all agree that monopolies aren't to our benefit generally, but as to whether is merger would have created a too powerful combine in communications I cannot say.

there is no decision yet, Holder's Antitrust Division filed yesterday to stop it.

Forum List

Back