The Irresistable Comfort Donald Trump Brings His People?

Silhouette

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2013
To understand why people blindly support a cult icon, you need to understand the dynamics of the leader and the followers. They are two symbionts, mutual parasites that fortify the cult's cohesion. Think of it like those types of glues you get in the hardware store or that fiberglass resin. They come in two components which, apart, are useless. But when you combine them, they make a substance that cures rock solid and is nearly unbreakable. The charismatic or strong leader, & the followers.

On the one hand a cult leader is almost always a narcissist. A self-centered being who thrives on attention like a starving dog thrives on a roast. Over time, narcissists acquire a great deal of wile and talent learning how to find their food and keep it around. By the time they're in their 30s or 40s, they've got those skills down to a fine art. Their attraction is really quite simple and boils down to this: They spend so little time worrying about others, focused solely on themselves and their greatness, that even by advanced age of say, 70, they seem to exude the energy of a 30 something year old in their prime. Being constantly focused on their public appearance, their usually flawless grooming helps to enhance this image. People become impressed by their physical presence alone. (The rest of humanity at age 70, having actually cared or worried about others, looks as they should: bedraggled, bent, haggard. And certainly not capable of presenting a robust public image day after day after day.)

Narcissists almost always seek out positions of leadership. And, yes, Congress has its fair share. So do governorships and counties and townships; all the way down to just PTA groups and other non-profits. They seem to gravitate towards jobs where there is little review or accountability. Which is why if you have a non-profit group, look in the leadership. You will almost always have an NPD person in the highest ranks..or stepping on necks to get there soon. Political leadership especially lends itself nicely to the aspiring narcissist. After all, these positions are ones of power and influence over others, by their very definition.

Ways you can instantly recognize someone who has narcissistic personality disorder (NPD) are these: They:

1. Always present themselves as larger than life, "impressive" "great" "talented" or "accomplished". To this they always have a dialogue in their back pocket at the ready. Think about every cult leader you've ever known, from Hitler to Jim Jones, Warren Jeffs and so on. They always pitch that if you glom around them, you might just have a chance of a share of that pie. (You never will, but every good fisherman has a great lure with sharp hooks).

2. They seek out and particularly prey upon "food" that is down and out, scattered, flustered, worried or just uncertain about their life or situation. How easy to do today in our political climate. It was the same in Germany in the 1930s. That country had just undergone a deep recession as a result of WWI and the countrymen and women were starving in the streets literally. Rail thin, turning to prostitution just to eat. The perfect ripe fruit for the narcissist/cult leader to begin to insert messages of utopian bliss if only the people would follow his obvious greatness.

3. Once they've gathered a significant following where they feel they have a tide in their favor, or, more like a large team of horses in hand... they begin what I like to call the "discipline by example". (Part I) They'll select a person in the throngs who isn't quite worshiping their greatness like they should. First what they do to this person is what I call the "pre-emptive strike". They will go about the crowd seemingly "concerned" about this target. They will spread gossip about them using trickery. They will say something like "I'm concerned about "Jane", I think she's having a breakdown. I think we should pray for her. I even heard she has a dozen dead puppies in her freezer; but that's probably just a rumor". (See how clever they are?) At once, they look reasonable, even concerned, gaining the trust of those listening. At the same time, they completely undercut and destroy the reputation of their target. Once they sniff the wind and sense that's 3/4s of the way done in the ranks of their followers, they will POUNCE on that target person in a very public venue, and rip them to shreds unabashedly.

4. At first you'd think #3 is the worst evil they could do...no.. That was just one part of the glue mixture I mentioned in the opening. (Part II) The real gain for the hungry narcissist is that the public nature of the final outrageous attack, the completely overt evisceration of the target person is the catalyst to seal the glue. People looking on in horror would normally say "hey, that's way over the top!, back off!" but they fear to do that because after all, they think that maybe, just maybe Jane does have a dozen dead puppies in her freezer and siding with someone like Jane would be crazy. (After all, three other people in the crowd swore this was probably so) And nobody wants to look crazy. Plus, when everyone is thinking the same thing in the crowd (because the narcissist carefully insured ahead of time that this is so), they most certainly don't want to feel left out of the way everyone else seems to be thinking...

Which brings me to the next element in the bond of a cult: the followers.

Followers are by their very nature, followers. They are too busy, to hassled, too under-powered in some way to really start their own group or way of thinking. Looking back in their lives if they were honest, they'd admit they always looked outward for direction, hoping someone would present the lead and "show them the way". If they're not that, they're really into belonging to a group. They enjoy the feeling a group gives them in the form of propped up energy. This becomes vital for them. For them it is like their 'food' and they starve for it like a thin dog. They'll do anything to belong; especially if they feel afraid and really need the protection of a group to prop them up. Like, say, in a recession where they're not sure if they or their spouse will have a job from year to year. Times like that.

Once a narcissist finds the perfect field to plant his seeds, like the one I've just described, it's a matter of pure bliss for him or her. When they are busy forming up this "food" for endless adoration of themselves, you can almost see them drooling or smacking their lips. It's a certain Cheshire cat smile they get. Once they have gathered the significant crowd, the devoted followers, then do a few "discipline by examples" it really sets the glue. Once that is accomplished, they need only put the thing on autopilot. They only need to regularly insert another real or insinuated "discipline by example" at intervals to keep the motor humming. From there, the crowd will reinforce the discipline on each other, being sure they all stay within the leader's whim, lest they suffer the obvious pain of being "cast out" (publicly and horribly). Hitler, for example, having reached unlimited power slowly, in exactly this way, starting out much less forceful, used to eventually murder people in front of witnesses publicly, even for the slightest infractions of obeying him. Talk about reinforcing the group's devotion to you! That guy had no peers. But there are other ones below that level of expertise that are all around you; even to this day.

Donald Trump: Age 70

donald-trump.jpg

For further reading: A college roommate of Donald J Trump Jr tells a disturbing story about Donald Trump Sr

"..I was hanging out in a freshman dorm with some friends, next door to Donald Jr.'s room. I walked out of the room to find Donald Trump at his son's door, there to pick him up for a baseball game. There were quit a few students standing around watching, trying to catch a glimpse of the famed real estate magnate. Don Jr. opened the door, wearing a Yankee jersey. Without saying a word, his father slapped him across the face, knocking him to the floor in front of all of his classmates. He simply said "put on a suit and meet me outside," and closed the door..."

Last edited:
Since if you read my threads you realize I am at least a moderate if not slightly conservative, you will understand how I feel. I've been back and forth about the two candidates. I'm at a loss for what to do. What I'm leaning towards is not voting for either Hillary ("Jane": read the OP) or Trump. Instead, I think I'm going to concentrate on down-ballot candidates and vote them in conservative across the board. And let whatever happens happen at the POTUS level. I might vote for Hillary but only to be sure a man who punches his own son in front of a crowd of his friends doesn't make it into the Oval Office. Someone has to run the country for the next four years anyway.

A strong republican Congress will force Hillary to compromise. And she may feel some relief about this. Coming from the conservative South: Arkansas (her roots, unlike Trump, actually come from a very red, very conservative time and place), she will have an excuse to revert back to her original position on things like gay marriage, Christianity, and just plain common sense. After all (proof's in the pudding) between the two candidates, Trump is the only one who, for example, has come out so strongly in favor of deranged men using women's facilities that he has made it a policy at Trump Tower. So far I've not heard one quote from Hillary whether or not a deranged man should be able to share a shower with her daughter Chelsea, for example. And it isn't really hard to imagine why Trump would be in favor of men accessing women's private places even while they object..

I think a strong republican Congress and a *sigh* Hillary presidency, would be if not perfect, at least an acceptable compromise to move our country forward. It's hard to see even a strong republican Congress being able to manage a man who wants men using women's restrooms. Those New York values really do sink deep. And Trump was steeped in them like a dark tea since the day he was born.

Reads like an Ann Barnhardt piece.

Google "diabolical narcissist" and read what she has to say.

Ann doesn't like either candidate and is what I'd refer to as a "Militant Catholic" as well as a Prepper.

Ann doesn't like either candidate and is what I'd refer to as a "Militant Catholic" as well as a Prepper.
Good lord you have a lot of posts! ..lol.

Anyway, well yes. But I thunk the OP up on my own. I unfortunately am very versed in what it's like to live under the thumb of a malignant narcissist, having done so for some 50 years now.

Hillary I've also examined closely. And while she is a politician, like all of them prone to the disease of power, she does not appear to have a pathological personality. She may lie, like all politicians. She may aspire to great positions of power for her own reasons. But they are not the aspirations of power for its own sake.

Still, in these troubled times, I don't think we should be choosing between two 70 year olds steeped in nearly unchecked power their entire lives as our "reform leader". Yet we have to pick one of them. And so, reluctantly, I choose the lesser of two evils; only because as I said, I know intimately the horrors of having a pathological personality have total control over one's life. And believe me people when I say this: no matter how charming and addictive they may seem to you at first....*shudder* RUN...run for the hills. :scared1:

Narcissist .....Obama.
Zero.....Hillary
One of the guys....Trump.

How many friends do you have that would punch their own son in the face and knock him down in front of a group of his friends for no other reason than he wasn't dressed how you liked? (link at the end of the OP)? Is that "one of the guys"?

I agree though about Obama, he, unlike Hillary, also exhibits all the signs of narcissism.

To understand why people blindly support a cult icon, you need to understand the dynamics of the leader and the followers. They are two symbionts, mutual parasites that fortify the cult's cohesion. Think of it like those types of glues you get in the hardware store or that fiberglass resin. They come in two components which, apart, are useless. But when you combine them, they make a substance that cures rock solid and is nearly unbreakable. The charismatic or strong leader, & the followers.

On the one hand a cult leader is almost always a narcissist. A self-centered being who thrives on attention like a starving dog thrives on a roast. Over time, narcissists acquire a great deal of wile and talent learning how to find their food and keep it around. By the time they're in their 30s or 40s, they've got those skills down to a fine art. Their attraction is really quite simple and boils down to this: They spend so little time worrying about others, focused solely on themselves and their greatness, that even by advanced age of say, 70, they seem to exude the energy of a 30 something year old in their prime. Being constantly focused on their public appearance, their usually flawless grooming helps to enhance this image. People become impressed by their physical presence alone. (The rest of humanity at age 70, having actually cared or worried about others, looks as they should: bedraggled, bent, haggard. And certainly not capable of presenting a robust public image day after day after day.)

Narcissists almost always seek out positions of leadership. And, yes, Congress has its fair share. So do governorships and counties and townships; all the way down to just PTA groups and other non-profits. They seem to gravitate towards jobs where there is little review or accountability. Which is why if you have a non-profit group, look in the leadership. You will almost always have an NPD person in the highest ranks..or stepping on necks to get there soon. Political leadership especially lends itself nicely to the aspiring narcissist. After all, these positions are ones of power and influence over others, by their very definition.

Ways you can instantly recognize someone who has narcissistic personality disorder (NPD) are these: They:

1. Always present themselves as larger than life, "impressive" "great" "talented" or "accomplished". To this they always have a dialogue in their back pocket at the ready. Think about every cult leader you've ever known, from Hitler to Jim Jones, Warren Jeffs and so on. They always pitch that if you glom around them, you might just have a chance of a share of that pie. (You never will, but every good fisherman has a great lure with sharp hooks).

2. They seek out and particularly prey upon "food" that is down and out, scattered, flustered, worried or just uncertain about their life or situation. How easy to do today in our political climate. It was the same in Germany in the 1930s. That country had just undergone a deep recession as a result of WWI and the countrymen and women were starving in the streets literally. Rail thin, turning to prostitution just to eat. The perfect ripe fruit for the narcissist/cult leader to begin to insert messages of utopian bliss if only the people would follow his obvious greatness.

3. Once they've gathered a significant following where they feel they have a tide in their favor, or, more like a large team of horses in hand... they begin what I like to call the "discipline by example". (Part I) They'll select a person in the throngs who isn't quite worshiping their greatness like they should. First what they do to this person is what I call the "pre-emptive strike". They will go about the crowd seemingly "concerned" about this target. They will spread gossip about them using trickery. They will say something like "I'm concerned about "Jane", I think she's having a breakdown. I think we should pray for her. I even heard she has a dozen dead puppies in her freezer; but that's probably just a rumor". (See how clever they are?) At once, they look reasonable, even concerned, gaining the trust of those listening. At the same time, they completely undercut and destroy the reputation of their target. Once they sniff the wind and sense that's 3/4s of the way done in the ranks of their followers, they will POUNCE on that target person in a very public venue, and rip them to shreds unabashedly.

4. At first you'd think #3 is the worst evil they could do...no.. That was just one part of the glue mixture I mentioned in the opening. (Part II) The real gain for the hungry narcissist is that the public nature of the final outrageous attack, the completely overt evisceration of the target person is the catalyst to seal the glue. People looking on in horror would normally say "hey, that's way over the top!, back off!" but they fear to do that because after all, they think that maybe, just maybe Jane does have a dozen dead puppies in her freezer and siding with someone like Jane would be crazy. (After all, three other people in the crowd swore this was probably so) And nobody wants to look crazy. Plus, when everyone is thinking the same thing in the crowd (because the narcissist carefully insured ahead of time that this is so), they most certainly don't want to feel left out of the way everyone else seems to be thinking...

Which brings me to the next element in the bond of a cult: the followers.

Followers are by their very nature, followers. They are too busy, to hassled, too under-powered in some way to really start their own group or way of thinking. Looking back in their lives if they were honest, they'd admit they always looked outward for direction, hoping someone would present the lead and "show them the way". If they're not that, they're really into belonging to a group. They enjoy the feeling a group gives them in the form of propped up energy. This becomes vital for them. For them it is like their 'food' and they starve for it like a thin dog. They'll do anything to belong; especially if they feel afraid and really need the protection of a group to prop them up. Like, say, in a recession where they're not sure if they or their spouse will have a job from year to year. Times like that.

Once a narcissist finds the perfect field to plant his seeds, like the one I've just described, it's a matter of pure bliss for him or her. When they are busy forming up this "food" for endless adoration of themselves, you can almost see them drooling or smacking their lips. It's a certain Cheshire cat smile they get. Once they have gathered the significant crowd, the devoted followers, then do a few "discipline by examples" it really sets the glue. Once that is accomplished, they need only put the thing on autopilot. They only need to regularly insert another real or insinuated "discipline by example" at intervals to keep the motor humming. From there, the crowd will reinforce the discipline on each other, being sure they all stay within the leader's whim, lest they suffer the obvious pain of being "cast out" (publicly and horribly). Hitler, for example, having reached unlimited power slowly, in exactly this way, starting out much less forceful, used to eventually murder people in front of witnesses publicly, even for the slightest infractions of obeying him. Talk about reinforcing the group's devotion to you! That guy had no peers. But there are other ones below that level of expertise that are all around you; even to this day.

Donald Trump: Age 70

donald-trump.jpg

For further reading: A college roommate of Donald J Trump Jr tells a disturbing story about Donald Trump Sr
I think you're reading too much into it.

There might be some people who really care about the strong leader argument, but the reason a lot of people like him is because they don't like Muslims and Mexicans, and don't think highly of the black community.

It's not that they wouldn't pick another candidate if there was another, for example one that groped less and was more consistent in his (or her) statements, it's just that there is no other choice for them at the moment, so they go for the best bet.

On the other hand, he does have a special technique of talking, and instilling fear and confidence in others, it's been discussed on the internet, if you look it up, you will find it.

His fans also make bullshit propaganda films.

I think you're reading too much into it....There might be some people who really care about the strong leader argument, but the reason a lot of people like him is because they don't like Muslims and Mexicans, and don't think highly of the black community.....It's not that they wouldn't pick another candidate if there was another, for example one that groped less and was more consistent in his (or her) statements, it's just that there is no other choice for them at the moment, so they go for the best bet.

On the other hand, he does have a special technique of talking, and instilling fear and confidence in others, it's been discussed on the internet, if you look it up, you will find it.

Well did you read my proposed solution? All GOP down ballot + Arkansas-raised Hillary? A strong GOP Congress + conservative-raised (at least) Hillary (opposed to Donald who was spoon fed on New York values since day 1) would give her the chance to revert to her roots. People as they age tend to do this anyway. They start with a conservative family, rebel and go the opposite direction. Then as they age they see the world as they must, through the eyes of an aging person (just like their parents) and they draw back to those values.

I even see Hillary possibly nominating a conservative Justices like Scalia; if for no other reason than if the Senate is red, she knows it wouldn't be worth her time or the judge's public screening to nominate anyone but someone raised like she was: conservative. The Clintons really did do a lot of compromising with conservatives back when Bill was in Office. Moreso than Obama for certain. Loads more. So I think we would melt the ice in Congress while keeping an unchecked tyrant out of POTUS and actually get stuff done this time with my formula.

So, there you go.

The main ingredients for people like this to come to power are ignorance and want. If you can't eat and also can't recognize the difference between people that are really trying to help you and people that merely want to use you, it is easy to be manipulated into believing and doing nearly anything.

From Charles Dicken's A Christmas Carol:

'Oh, Man. look here. Look, look, down here.' exclaimed the Ghost.

They were a boy and a girl. Yellow, meagre, ragged, scowling,
wolfish; but prostrate, too, in their humility. Where
graceful youth should have filled their features out, and
touched them with its freshest tints, a stale and shrivelled
hand, like that of age, had pinched, and twisted them, and
pulled them into shreds. Where angels might have sat
enthroned, devils lurked, and glared out menacing. No
change, no degradation, no perversion of humanity, in any
grade, through all the mysteries of wonderful creation, has
monsters half so horrible and dread.

Scrooge started back, appalled. Having them shown to him
in this way, he tried to say they were fine children, but
the words choked themselves, rather than be parties to a lie
of such enormous magnitude.

'Spirit. are they yours.' Scrooge could say no more.

'They are Man's,' said the Spirit, looking down upon
them. 'And they cling to me, appealing from their fathers.
This boy is Ignorance. This girl is Want. Beware them both,
and all of their degree, but most of all beware this boy,
for on his brow I see that written which is Doom, unless the
writing be erased. Deny it.' cried the Spirit, stretching out
its hand towards the city. 'Slander those who tell it ye.
Admit it for your factious purposes, and make it worse.
And abide the end.'

Sillywabbit supported the Biggest Cult Icon in decades: Obabble.

Sillywabbit supported the Biggest Cult Icon in decades: Obabble.
I said I agreed with that. I agreed that Obama shows classic signs of narcissism. But that doesn't excuse Trump. Two wrongs don't make a right. If you object to Obama having been president you'd be a fool to elect Trump. That's jumping out of the fire and into the frying pan IMHO.

I think you're reading too much into it....There might be some people who really care about the strong leader argument, but the reason a lot of people like him is because they don't like Muslims and Mexicans, and don't think highly of the black community.....It's not that they wouldn't pick another candidate if there was another, for example one that groped less and was more consistent in his (or her) statements, it's just that there is no other choice for them at the moment, so they go for the best bet.

Well did you read my proposed solution? All GOP down ballot + Arkansas-raised Hillary? A strong GOP Congress + conservative-raised (at least) Hillary (opposed to Donald who was spoon fed on New York values since day 1) would give her the chance to revert to her roots. People as they age tend to do this anyway. They start with a conservative family, rebel and go the opposite direction. Then as they age they see the world as they must, through the eyes of an aging person (just like their parents) and they draw back to those values.

I even see Hillary possibly nominating a conservative Justices like Scalia; if for no other reason than if the Senate is red, she knows it wouldn't be worth her time or the judge's public screening to nominate anyone but someone raised like she was: conservative. The Clintons really did do a lot of compromising with conservatives back when Bill was in Office. Moreso than Obama for certain. Loads more. So I think we would melt the ice in Congress while keeping an unchecked tyrant out of POTUS and actually get stuff done this time with my formula.

So, there you go.
You're probably right in that it would work because Hillary is pretty conservative in a lot of things, she's probably a Democrat more because of Bill.

But I don't think that it's a certain scenario, because I think Congress will veer towards the Democrat side because of Trump. I haven't studied this though.

this is the part of hillary's campaign where the shillary accuses everyone else of being in a cult. yup, if you can believe it. just look at the evidence, see for yourself.

this is the part of hillary's campaign where the shillary accuses everyone else of being in a cult. yup, if you can believe it. just look at the evidence, see for yourself.
What the hell are you talking about?

I'm not Hillary Clinton, nor am I even remotely near her payroll. Check my posting record here. I don't bat for either team. I either praise or beat both of them up as deserved.

Wow that was a long video. I found the most interesting part to be starting at 1:59:00- 2:02:00

She is correct about the abysmally-low cure rate. She asserts though that it is a spiritual disease and that even a single act of contrition (she says death bed) might spare the soul an eternity of damnation. Interestingly, she stated in the dialogue that narcissists often believe that once you die you simply evaporate. They don't want to believe in a heaven or hell because if they did, their fear would shake them out of the spell with a shocker event (probably near death experience or equivalent).

The narcissist I knew for many decades, even though she went to church (for the social attention), eventually kept getting kicked out of church after church after church; until finally she wound up in the anything-goes church (Universalist Unitarian). I asked her point blank one day if she believed in an afterlife. She staunchly laughed and said with a dismissive waive of her hand that her soul would just evaporate. No accountability that way.....but then again...after knowing her as long as I had, maybe she's right. HER soul will evaporate *shudder*

...On the other hand, he does have a special technique of talking, and instilling fear and confidence in others, it's been discussed on the internet, if you look it up, you will find it.

His fans also make bullshit propaganda films.

Well, it is discussed here, for example.

Wonder how the Catholics feel about Trump in general?

Forum List

Back