The Irish Slave Myth - more racist bullshit

Next, the text of the majority of these posts comes from a 2008 article from a page on website “OpEdNews” called “The Slaves that time forgot.” It is unclear who the author John Martin is, and the article has no citations.

This is a favourite sport of the extreme right and I would suggest any of their dubious claims are treated as toxic. Propaganda masquerading as history mainly to downplay the effects of slavery.

Its like everybody in the world is at fault for slavery apart from those who, deep down, have no problem with it.
Well..this is a favorite theme here..it shows up every 6 months or so. There are a few posters that are very invested in the Irish slave myth...and you'll no doubt see their posts here shortly. I guess they see it as some kind of mitigation for Black slavery.

A quick search of the site could save a lot of reading time..as the same old arguments will be made.

The conclusion is simple..Indentured servitude was not slavery. Period.
The English captured many Scottish, and Irish and made them slaves. And white Americans too. We fought the War of 1812 over it.

Your ignorance of history is astounding.
It it? The War of 1812..-was fought over the forced impressement of American citizens into the British Navy. Among other things.

I wish I could be astounded over YOUR ignorance..but...I'm decidedly not.
Impressment = slavery.

Next, the text of the majority of these posts comes from a 2008 article from a page on website “OpEdNews” called “The Slaves that time forgot.” It is unclear who the author John Martin is, and the article has no citations.

This is a favourite sport of the extreme right and I would suggest any of their dubious claims are treated as toxic. Propaganda masquerading as history mainly to downplay the effects of slavery.

Its like everybody in the world is at fault for slavery apart from those who, deep down, have no problem with it.
Well..this is a favorite theme here..it shows up every 6 months or so. There are a few posters that are very invested in the Irish slave myth...and you'll no doubt see their posts here shortly. I guess they see it as some kind of mitigation for Black slavery.

A quick search of the site could save a lot of reading time..as the same old arguments will be made.

The English captured many Scottish, and Irish and made them slaves. And white Americans too. We fought the War of 1812 over it.

It it? The War of 1812..-was fought over the forced impressement of American citizens into the British Navy. Among other things.

Immpressment = slavery.
So the US fought a war over the "enslavement" of white folk whilst enslaving millions of black folk. Fucking hypocrites.

And yet you condone China and North Korea usage of slavery in modern time while condemning the past which you can not change?

Tell me Tommy what are you doing to combat Islamic Slavery in Africa in today time or the Sex Slave Trade that goes on around the World including in your beloved Wales?

Do you believe Slavery only happened during a period of time and just committed by White Christians in America?
Your imagination is running wild Bruce. Slavery is a bad thing.

So Tommy is saying Slavery does not exist in today time?

Well the UN has reported North Korea as one of the largest slave States in the World, so Tommy is that type of slavery acceptable to you?

The reason why I am pointing this out is because you focus on the past that can not be changed while ignoring the fact slavery still exists in today time and even the U.N. notes which countries are using slave labor and yet not a word from you about it and why Tommy?

Immpressment = slavery.
So the US fought a war over the "enslavement" of white folk whilst enslaving millions of black folk. Fucking hypocrites.

Funny how you call the Yanks hypocrites while you sit there writing on your slaved made device!

Immpressment = slavery.
The US government did not enslave millions of blacks. While the US government has taken slaves, the vast majority of them were whites. Democratic party hero FDR is the most notorious slavedriver in American history.

Your concession that your thread is a lie is accepted. Irish slavery is not a myth.

Immpressment = slavery.
The US government did not enslave millions of blacks. While the US government has taken slaves, the vast majority of them were whites. Democratic party hero FDR is the most notorious slavedriver in American history.

Your concession that your thread is a lie is accepted. Irish slavery is not a myth.
Lessee..while the US govt. did not enslave anyone--per se--they codified slavery in the Constitution..by accepting the status of slave and using them for purposes of defining representation--and--via Dred Scott--acknowledging slaves as property and granting their owners the right to pursue and reclaim them. So yeah..the US govt. bears some responsibility.

OP did not concede anything..and your gratuitous slander of FDR is noted..and laughed at! While the internment of the Japanese Americans was a gross miscarriage of justice..they were not enslaved.

Irish slavery is a myth...all educated people know this.

Apparently you are ignorant, and unwilling to accept the fact that the British people abused the Irish for hundreds of years. Starved them during the Potato Famine, called them names, treated them as less than human. The point of the matter is that its time for you all to admit you are wrong and pay reparations. Anyone in British history who had a cross word against the Tremendous Irish people should have their monuments ripped down.
He's not ignorant of that. Stop deflecting.

Immpressment = slavery.

Yes the US government enslaved millions of blacks. Whites have not been slaves.

Immpressment = slavery.

You're wrong as usual, idiot. FDR enslaved both of my grandfathers and LBJ enslaved my uncle.

Immpressment = slavery.

You're wrong as usual, idiot. FDR enslaved both of my grandfathers and LBJ enslaved my uncle.
I right and I know it. No one in your family was a slave.

Immpressment = slavery.

I right and I know it. No one in your family was a slave.
Bullshit.

in the real world, the point is that the Left's push that Slavery be considered some type of "Original Sin" of American whites, limited to them inflicting it on blacks,

is bullshit.

Indentured servitude, convict labor, serfs, ect, were all forms of slavery.

YES, the chattel slavery of the South, in America was one of the harshest forms of slavery in history.

But that does not justify the hysteria of the modern left. Or your modern day bigotry.

It is you people that are "toxic", not us.
Your term, "some type of "Original Sin" of American whites", is accurate. Like Original Sin, it has tainted and infected our country since before its inception--through Jim Crow and continues today. Today's BLM..statue toppling...reparations, etc.--are all the fruit of that 'Original Sin'. Thank you for a very cogent phrase!

Racism is widely acknowledged to be America's fundamental flaw by most of the world. No amount of deflection, rhetoric or finger pointing can change that.

That is the Conventional Wisdom as presented by the American Left.

The problem is, that it ignores the historical facts.

Jim Crow, btw, was not slavery. It is telling that you deny that indentured servitude was slavery and then conflate Jim Crow with slavery.

We cannot have a society, where half the nation is expected to carry the weight of "Original Sin" forever.

That is receipt for racial strife and violence, forever.
I did not 'conflate' anything. Jim Crow was the legacy of slavery--as is the current racial situation. The legacy of the Irish indentured servitude is St.Paddy's Day...you do see the difference, right?

Your last two sentences are true..IMO. I would point out that White people won't be half of the nation for much longer.

Demographics are inexorable.

So, you don't deny that your plan is to have whites defer to blacks forever, because of the "Original Sin" of slavery?
My plan?? ROTFLMAO!

I plan to die long before it comes to a head.

But..no..I don't think deferment is really what it is coming to. Eventually a balance will be reached---one way or the other. I'm no fortune teller--it could go any number of ways..but i doubt if the status quo of the last 50 years is sustainable.

Again..demographics. I'd not be too concerned...I think that it will end 'not with a bang..but a whimper'.

If we are going to pretend that whites in this country, have an "original sin" in slavery, that means that whites are going to have to defer to blacks on any matters that touch upon race, because whites are morally inferior to blacks.

AND, as we have seen, EVERYTHING can be claimed to be touched by race.

You support that. THat seems to be your plan. Would you like to explain how you see that working, or would you like to be dodge the question again?

AND, if that is your plan, and it seems to be, I see a long of reason to be concerned. And a lot of "Bang" and a lot of "whimpers" up ahead.

in the real world, the point is that the Left's push that Slavery be considered some type of "Original Sin" of American whites, limited to them inflicting it on blacks,

is bullshit.

YES, the chattel slavery of the South, in America was one of the harshest forms of slavery in history.

But that does not justify the hysteria of the modern left. Or your modern day bigotry.

Your term, "some type of "Original Sin" of American whites", is accurate. Like Original Sin, it has tainted and infected our country since before its inception--through Jim Crow and continues today. Today's BLM..statue toppling...reparations, etc.--are all the fruit of that 'Original Sin'. Thank you for a very cogent phrase!

Racism is widely acknowledged to be America's fundamental flaw by most of the world. No amount of deflection, rhetoric or finger pointing can change that.

Jim Crow, btw, was not slavery. It is telling that you deny that indentured servitude was slavery and then conflate Jim Crow with slavery.

We cannot have a society, where half the nation is expected to carry the weight of "Original Sin" forever.

I did not 'conflate' anything. Jim Crow was the legacy of slavery--as is the current racial situation. The legacy of the Irish indentured servitude is St.Paddy's Day...you do see the difference, right?

Your last two sentences are true..IMO. I would point out that White people won't be half of the nation for much longer.

So, you don't deny that your plan is to have whites defer to blacks forever, because of the "Original Sin" of slavery?
My plan?? ROTFLMAO!

But..no..I don't think deferment is really what it is coming to. Eventually a balance will be reached---one way or the other. I'm no fortune teller--it could go any number of ways..but i doubt if the status quo of the last 50 years is sustainable.

Again..demographics. I'd not be too concerned...I think that it will end 'not with a bang..but a whimper'.

If we are going to pretend that whites in this country, have an "original sin" in slavery, that means that whites are going to have to defer to blacks on any matters that touch upon race, because whites are morally inferior to blacks.

You support that. THat seems to be your plan. Would you like to explain how you see that working, or would you like to be dodge the question again?

AND, if that is your plan, and it seems to be, I see a long of reason to be concerned. And a lot of "Bang" and a lot of "whimpers" up ahead.
Actually..I see it working right now! Our beginnings do color everything that comes after...like it or not. Actions and inactions in history have a long reach indeed! As for slavery and race in general..in this country....Racism does color..and inform most actions. We have been talking about BLM and indigenous people, for the most part this go-round. But every single race in this country..except white people of European extraction..have horror stories...have tales of overt and covert racism. Asians...Mexicans, South Americans, Pacific Islanders..and the Jews...for starters...we all can probably add to the list. It is 2020...100 years ago--3 generations--is how far we are from Racism being the unapologetic norm.

You want a clean break..a point where everything is forgiven and forgotten? Your grandchildren won't live to see that. Because the color of skin may change..as the one drop rule comes to haunt the racial purity folk--but the Europeans spent the last 600 years despoiling the world..and they still own most of it. No matter the revolution..that will not change...money is fungible and these people have jets and private armies...in fact..they have OUR army.

Bang and whimpers indeed..but it need not be that way..or at least, it need not be that bad. But when people come on line to spew their inner soul..and it is foul with hatred and resentment--with a stench that anyone in 1920 would have recognized--there will be a resistance. Now more than ever..and yeah, a lot of it is over the top, for sure. In the 1960's most of the rhetoric was over the top...but it was still a revolution..and guess who lost/ The same folk who are losing again..and I don't mean white folks...white folks are going to be just fine..I mean those invested in their stubborn refusal to see that they are wrong..and that there were some fundamental injustices perpetrated...and it did not end in 1865..or just with the Blacks.

BTW..not my..LOL...plan. Just how I see it playing out...yeah a lot of bangs and whimpers..but not as many as you think. You see..I'm white and well over 70..my family has been in this country for over 300 years on both sides. There are 10's of millions of white people who are in..often grudging..agreement with the current trends in demographics.
As am I.

Soon many here..on this board... will have to emotionally accept that they are the minority...and not a popular one. All the rhetoric in the world is not going to change that.

You can deny this if you wish..and brand yourself ingenuous, at best.

Last edited:

Are you high? There have always been slaves. Everywhere. There still are. They just call them by different names. Also, Benjamin Franklin himself was a slave. I don't know if it was a forced apprenticeship to his older brother or just plain indentured servitude. But it amounted to EXACTLY the same thing. He had to escape to another state to free himself from it.
Mr. Franklin was apprentice to a his brother..a printer. He left without permission..a crime. He was not indentured..but rather apprenticed. The crime was minor and his brother was reconciled with him.

Thanx for the laugh though..I imagine old Ben would have been amused to be called a slave!

Oh BTW...Just because there were and are slaves..by whatever name..has nothing really to do with calling indentured servitude slavery..that is just a blatant attempt to somehow devalue the black experience and mitigate African slavery. It's quite transparent and not a little stupid.

is bullshit.

My plan?? ROTFLMAO!

Actually..I see it working right now! Our beginnings do color everything that comes after...like it or not. Actions and inactions in history have a long reach indeed! As for slavery and race in general..in this country....Racism does color..and inform most actions. We have been talking about BLM and indigenous people, for the most part this go-round. But every single race in this country..except white people of European extraction..have horror stories...have tales of overt and covert racism. Asians...Mexicans, South Americans, Pacific Islanders..and the Jews...for starters...we all can probably add to the list. It is 2020...100 years ago--3 generations--is how far we are from Racism being the unapologetic norm.

You want a clean break..a point where everything is forgiven and forgotten? Your grandchildren won't live to see that. Because the color of skin may change..as the one drop rule comes to haunt the racial purity folk--but the Europeans spent the last 600 years despoiling the world..and they still own most of it. No matter the revolution..that will not change...money is fungible and these people have jets and private armies...in fact..they have OUR army.

Bang and whimpers indeed..but it need not be that way..or at least, it need not be that bad. But when people come on line to spew their inner soul..and it is foul with hatred and resentment--with a stench that anyone in 1920 would have recognized--there will be a resistance. Now more than ever..and yeah, a lot of it is over the top, for sure. In the 1960's most of the rhetoric was over the top...but it was still a revolution..and guess who lost/ The same folk who are losing again..and I don't mean white folks...white folks are going to be just fine..I mean those invested in their stubborn refusal to see that they are wrong..and that there were some fundamental injustices perpetrated...and it did not end in 1865..or just with the Blacks.

BTW..not my..LOL...plan. Just how I see it playing out...yeah a lot of bangs and whimpers..but not as many as you think. You see..I'm white and well over 70..my family has been in this country for over 300 years on both sides. There are 10's of millions of white people who are in..often grudging..agreement with the current trends in demographics.
As am I.

Soon many here..on this board... will have to emotionally accept that they are the minority...and not a popular one. All the rhetoric in the world is not going to change that.

You want me and mine to pay beyond the next three generations, for the sins of the past,

yet you think I am the bad guy, with a "stench" of "hate and resentment"?

Dude.

You are advocating for racist oppression payback as policy and you are trying to pretend it is your enemies that are the racist bad guys?

Why would I deny anything of what you said? What you are saying it what I have been saying you lefties intent, for years.

It has been you liberals that have denied it. Lying over and over again.

I knew that when you were confident that the power had shifted enough, that you would stop lying and start gloating and revealing your plans for racist oppression and bloodshed and evilness.

The only part you are wrong about, is that we will resist you. A minority you say? Yes. But a large one and one that will not put up with such treatment.

Immpressment = slavery.
It appears that there is a percentage of the elite who dabble in sex with underage children. Missing children is a bad thing in this world. And the West has a problem with it. Slavery exists now around the world. And that is slavery.

is bullshit.

My plan?? ROTFLMAO!

As am I.

You want me and mine to pay beyond the next three generations, for the sins of the past,

Dude.

You are advocating for racist oppression payback as policy and you are trying to pretend it is your enemies that are the racist bad guys?

Why would I deny anything of what you said? What you are saying it what I have been saying you lefties intent, for years.

I knew that when you were confident that the power had shifted enough, that you would stop lying and start gloating and revealing your plans for racist oppression and bloodshed and evilness.

The only part you are wrong about, is that we will resist you. A minority you say? Yes. But a large one and one that will not put up with such treatment.
Damn..you seem to have a comprehension issue.

1) I don't want you..anything--was just calling it as I see it..not as I want it and nowhere did I say i wanted..well..anything.

2) Not a Lib..in fact, my lib friends are laughing their asses off right now at the thought.

3) I did not say it was you with the stench..but the quickness that you jumped to that conclusion bears examination..IMO.

4) AFAIK..i have no such plans..and most do not either.....the degree to which you feel threatened is telling...believe it or not.

5) Propaganda is like cotton candy..while it tastes good..there is nothing really there...and a steady diet will kill you.

In conclusion..your tendency to personalize this speaks volumes..and don't believe for a minute that it is because you are white. It is because your world is ending...and defeat is nigh. Most would say, "About time".

is bullshit.

My plan?? ROTFLMAO!

As am I.

Dude.

Damn..you seem to have a comprehension issue.

1) I don't want you..anything--was just calling it as I see it..not as I want it and nowhere did I say i wanted..well..anything.

2) Not a Lib..in fact, my lib friends are laughing their asses off right now at the thought.

3) I did not say it was you with the stench..but the quickness that you jumped to that conclusion bears examination..IMO.

4) AFAIK..i have no such plans..and most do not either.....the degree to which you feel threatened is telling...believe it or not.

5) Propaganda is like cotton candy..while it tastes good..there is nothing really there...and a steady diet will kill you.

In conclusion..your tendency to personalize this speaks volumes..and don't believe for a minute that it is because you are white. It is because your world is ending...and defeat is nigh. Most would say, "About time".

You support the idea of "Original Sin" that is a the basis of this push.

You talk of "worlds" ending" and people not being forgiven for the sins of their ancestors, until after my grandchildren are dead.

That I am against this, you seem to find fault with, with your snide implications that I am identifying with bad people, even though you are pretty vague as you jump back and forth between discussing bad people and "whites"

Here is my position on this.

THe story of America is not one primarily of Race. America, and/or Whites in America, have generally been on the nicer side of history, and for every white that opposed "progress" on Civil Rights, at each step of the way, there were two that supported it.

TO at this point, decide that whites deserve to be punished for the foreseeable future, for the sins of the past, is not right.

It is also not a good plan. Because whites, despite becoming a minority soon, will still be a large and powerful minority for the foreseeable future.

Oppressing 40% of the population and telling them they deserve it, because of something their ancestors did, 200 years ago,

is a good way to have violence and strife as the new normal.

Why would anyone support this?

Forum List

Back