The Iraqi people want us to LEAVE

• Banned
The parliament today passed a binding resolution that will guarantee lawmakers an opportunity to block the extension of the U.N. mandate under which coalition troops now remain in Iraq when it comes up for renewal in December. Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki, whose cabinet is dominated by Iraqi separatists, may veto the measure.

The law requires the parliament's approval of any future extensions of the mandate, which have previously been made by Iraq's prime minister. It is an enormous development; lawmakers reached in Baghdad today said that they do in fact plan on blocking the extension of the coalition's mandate when it comes up for renewal six months from now.

Reached today by phone in Baghdad, Nassar al Rubaie, the head of Al-Sadr bloc in Iraq's Council of Representatives, said, "This new binding resolution will prevent the government from renewing the U.N. mandate without the parliament's permission. They'll need to come back to us by the end of the year, and we will definitely refuse to extend the U.N. mandate without conditions." Rubaie added: "There will be no such a thing as a blank check for renewing the U.N. mandate anymore, any renewal will be attached to a timetable for a complete withdrawal."

• Banned
Funny that the majority of Americans want us out of Iraq and a majority of Iraqis want us out of Iraq and the majority of the world wants us out of Iraq. yet we continue to stay for what reason?

we are afraid that, given the fact that the terrorists don't KNOW where America is on the planet, that if we leave, they will follow us home.:rofl:

• Banned
This was done yesterday june 5th.

This is a brand new law the Iraqi parliment is working on.

They are doing everything they can to tell uys to leave and I have not heard it on the News ONCE!

If the Iraqis want us out, we should listen. I guess the war on terrorism isn't as real as once thought and if there is unrest in iraq. They have the means to correct the problem. If that would allows these people and governmnet an opportunity to show the world they can actually survive after Saddam and gain respect from there neighbors, rock on.

• Banned
why has the so called liberal news ignored this?

The Iraqi congress voted on and passed one of these bills last month and NO one even mentioned it on ANY news channel?

Now they have passed one in which is BINDING.

They have vowed to NOT allow Al Maliki to just give the Bush admin free riegn to stay forever.

Why did Bush insist on no timetables when it is what the Iraqi people have wanted all along?

Why did they call the Dems all sorts of shit for wanting to let the Iraqi people do what they want with their own country?

• Banned
A:eusa_whistle: t least 90k had a good answer to this importatn news where are the rest of the cons on this one?

give him a minute.. RSR is waiting for an email from jeff gannon over at talon news....

I once could see the Bush administrations reasons for the non-time table ideas. But since I haven't seen a lot of positive news out of Iraq. I'd blame that on the media and the agenda that they wanted to send. But my point is the infrastructure and rebuilding effort in Iraq, just doesn't seem to be happening. I mean the electric grid, phone, water, fresh and waste. Nothing that I've heard has made it sound like a good deal.

How is any of this the medias fault?

The media beat the fucking drums for war like Bush admin clones

initial war was won, we bombed the piss out of them with superior fire power. But also we were to assist in rebuilding there country, that is what we do, no history lessons needed. We got Saddam and a host of other "bad guys" in the process. I was under the understanding that we'd stick around to assist in re-building and teaching the iraqis how to defend the country and leave. But it never worked out that way. So democracy is working in the Iraqi government and they would like us out, we should leave and take everything we brought with us and leave like they want. End it and let the Iraqis figure out the next step in the process. I guess in the end that was victory to the Iraqis right on:thup:

The Bush admin took us to a war based on lies.

They then wrecked a country.

They then sent pallets of money to Iraq and lost them.

They then wasted billions doing phoney worthless "rebuilding".

They gave vast amounts of money to Haliburton and the like for which we have NOTHING to show for it.

They then never fixed the meters on the Oil tankers delivery systems.

Iraq has been filling tankers leaving Iraq for years now and NO ONE knows how much oil left the country.

There are hundereds of thousands of Iraqi Dead men women and childern.

There are thousands of America's bravset dead.

There are tens of thousands of Americas Bravest wounded.

The world Hates the US now.

We are in massive debt.

Our infrastructure is crumbling and much is now owned by foriegn entities.

Our borders have been ignored.

THIS is what this war has given us.

true points. But don't forget the world hated us before Iraq, and our infrastructure has been on the fritz for years. So adding the issues of verterans who will neverl ive out the best lives they could have due to war injuries really sucks. Not to mention the War dead on our side. The innocent Iraqis is sad yet it is also part of there internal issues before we ever landed on that soil. But I'll say this again from different thread that if it weren't Iraq then it would have been something else in the world we'd be involved in.

THE WORLD DID NOT HATE US BEFORE IRAQ!!!!!!!!

where do you get this stuff?

The world was VERY behind us and had no problem with the Afgan war.

It was the Iraq war which turned the opinions against us.

uh..

why would a world that hated us fall over themselves to offer sympathy on 9/12/01?

im sure we will boycott whoever doesnt answer this question like a conservative talking head thinks it should be answered...

uh..

why would a world that hated us fall over themselves to offer sympathy on 9/12/01?

im sure we will boycott whoever doesnt answer this question like a conservative talking head thinks it should be answered...

How should it be answered? I mean really under your terms or conservative and what exactly is the conservative terms to the question? I answered it under my opinion from my experience.

New Topics

Forum List

Back