Zone1 The Invisible Racialization of Whites

Status
Not open for further replies.
No offense intended. I'll die a libertarian lost causer. Rightness is not a function of popularity, not vice-versa.

Actually, being a libertarian, to me, means not participating in mass insanity (private insanity is just fine).

During COVID, I went to work, I drove where I wanted, I didn't wear a mask, and I didn't vaccinate .... I also didn't get sick.

It wasn't a protest ... I just refused to participate in other people's insanity.

Actually, being a libertarian, to me, means not participating in mass insanity (private insanity is just fine).

During COVID, I went to work, I drove where I wanted, I didn't wear a mask, and I didn't vaccinate .... I also didn't get sick.

It wasn't a protest ... I just refused to participate in other people's insanity.
That makes two of us.

This does not apply to all whites, but there is a subculture in the white community that claims not to see race while holding virulent racist views. In this subculture, people claim to not be taught to see race, but the reality is they are not taught to see themselves as a race. In this subculture this is what they see when they say American:

View attachment 664567

“The dominant group [whites] control the construction of reality through the production of ideologies or “knowledge” that circulate throughout society where they inform social norms, organizational practices, bureaucratic procedures, and common-sense knowledge. In this way, the interests of the oppressors are presented as reflecting everyone’s best interests, thereby getting oppressed groups to accept the dominant group’s interests as their own and minimize conflict.”

Pike, Karen D, “What is Internalized Racial Oppression and Why Don't We Study It? Acknowledging Racism's Hidden Injuries”, December 1, 2010, Sociological Perspectives, Vol. 53, Issue 4, pp. 551–572 Internalized Racism Among Asians

“Whiteness is what I call the “transcendental norm,” which means that whiteness goes unmarked. As unmarked, white people are able to live their identities as unraced, as simply human, as persons. And this obfuscates the ways in which their lives depend upon various affordances that black people and people of color don’t possess.”

George Yancey puts the finger on the cause of the amnesia that seems to exist in parts of the white community. When this subculture sees a mental picture of an American, they see a white person. Ask Mitch McConnell if you don’t think so. His comments about blacks voting just like Americans were not slips of the tongue or gaffes. Part of the white community has conflated the word American to mean white and claim they do not see race when that is all they see. They do not think twice about how that is racist.

So because white has been used as default for normal we see debates about the experiences of others caused by whites get derailed and gaslighted with accusations of racism againsthose who present that side of Amerca and the claim of how we need to see each others as individuals.

Understanding the concept of discourse and the discourse of individualism shows me that “individualism” is just another method used in white supremacy. As I read and re-read writings on the discourse of individualism, I find that for people to consistently talk about how we should look at each other as individuals and not as races is an insult. Whites who believe strongly in individualism may not see it that way, but that is not my concern here. This belief says that we must ignore our experiences and history. What we have experienced as blacks did not happen to us individually.

"The Discourse of Individualism is a claim that we all act independently from one another and that we all have the same possibility of achievement and are unmarked by social positions such as race, class, and gender. As Mill states, however, “The reality is that one can pretend the body does not matter only because a particular body… [white] is being presupposed as the somatic norm.” The Discourse of Individualism posits race as irrelevant. In fact, claiming that race is relevant to one’s life chances is seen as limiting one’s ability to stand on one’s own; standing on one’s own is both the assumption and the goal of Individualism. Because it obscures how social positioning impacts opportunity, the Discourse of Individualism is a dominant discourse that functions ideologically to reinforce and reproduce relations of unequal power." - Robin DeAngelo

Dr. Robin DiAngelo, White Fragility: International Journal of Critical Pedagogy, Vol 3 (2011) pp. 54, White Fragility | DiAngelo | The International Journal of Critical Pedagogy

Dr. Robin DiAngelo, Why Can’t We All Just Be Individuals? Countering the Discourse of Individualism in Anti-racist Education, pg. 16
The argument of individualism, when used to excuse personal responsibility to erase racism from this society, is disingenuous. Individualism removes the collective responsibility whites have to end racism in their communities because “they are an individual and did not do it, so find those who did,” is the attitude you get from whites who use individualism as a denial. Those who argue about individualism would have a case if racism was practiced in a way that harmed a few individuals while being done by just a few people. Racism is a macro-level problem. Individualism is a micro-level philosophy. At its most elementary level, the definition of American is a GROUP of people living in the United States. Group identification doesn’t seem to be a problem for those who use the flag as a shield.

The bottom lie is that white is a race. When you talk about being white, you are talking about race. When you conflate American for white, you are talking about race. As a race, yuou are included in Affirmative Action.

Why is it okay for blacks to be racist, but not whites?

This does not apply to all whites, but there is a subculture in the white community that claims not to see race while holding virulent racist views. In this subculture, people claim to not be taught to see race, but the reality is they are not taught to see themselves as a race. In this subculture this is what they see when they say American:

View attachment 664567

“The dominant group [whites] control the construction of reality through the production of ideologies or “knowledge” that circulate throughout society where they inform social norms, organizational practices, bureaucratic procedures, and common-sense knowledge. In this way, the interests of the oppressors are presented as reflecting everyone’s best interests, thereby getting oppressed groups to accept the dominant group’s interests as their own and minimize conflict.”

Pike, Karen D, “What is Internalized Racial Oppression and Why Don't We Study It? Acknowledging Racism's Hidden Injuries”, December 1, 2010, Sociological Perspectives, Vol. 53, Issue 4, pp. 551–572 Internalized Racism Among Asians

“Whiteness is what I call the “transcendental norm,” which means that whiteness goes unmarked. As unmarked, white people are able to live their identities as unraced, as simply human, as persons. And this obfuscates the ways in which their lives depend upon various affordances that black people and people of color don’t possess.”

George Yancey puts the finger on the cause of the amnesia that seems to exist in parts of the white community. When this subculture sees a mental picture of an American, they see a white person. Ask Mitch McConnell if you don’t think so. His comments about blacks voting just like Americans were not slips of the tongue or gaffes. Part of the white community has conflated the word American to mean white and claim they do not see race when that is all they see. They do not think twice about how that is racist.

So because white has been used as default for normal we see debates about the experiences of others caused by whites get derailed and gaslighted with accusations of racism againsthose who present that side of Amerca and the claim of how we need to see each others as individuals.

Understanding the concept of discourse and the discourse of individualism shows me that “individualism” is just another method used in white supremacy. As I read and re-read writings on the discourse of individualism, I find that for people to consistently talk about how we should look at each other as individuals and not as races is an insult. Whites who believe strongly in individualism may not see it that way, but that is not my concern here. This belief says that we must ignore our experiences and history. What we have experienced as blacks did not happen to us individually.

"The Discourse of Individualism is a claim that we all act independently from one another and that we all have the same possibility of achievement and are unmarked by social positions such as race, class, and gender. As Mill states, however, “The reality is that one can pretend the body does not matter only because a particular body… [white] is being presupposed as the somatic norm.” The Discourse of Individualism posits race as irrelevant. In fact, claiming that race is relevant to one’s life chances is seen as limiting one’s ability to stand on one’s own; standing on one’s own is both the assumption and the goal of Individualism. Because it obscures how social positioning impacts opportunity, the Discourse of Individualism is a dominant discourse that functions ideologically to reinforce and reproduce relations of unequal power." - Robin DeAngelo

Dr. Robin DiAngelo, White Fragility: International Journal of Critical Pedagogy, Vol 3 (2011) pp. 54, White Fragility | DiAngelo | The International Journal of Critical Pedagogy

Dr. Robin DiAngelo, Why Can’t We All Just Be Individuals? Countering the Discourse of Individualism in Anti-racist Education, pg. 16
The argument of individualism, when used to excuse personal responsibility to erase racism from this society, is disingenuous. Individualism removes the collective responsibility whites have to end racism in their communities because “they are an individual and did not do it, so find those who did,” is the attitude you get from whites who use individualism as a denial. Those who argue about individualism would have a case if racism was practiced in a way that harmed a few individuals while being done by just a few people. Racism is a macro-level problem. Individualism is a micro-level philosophy. At its most elementary level, the definition of American is a GROUP of people living in the United States. Group identification doesn’t seem to be a problem for those who use the flag as a shield.

The bottom lie is that white is a race. When you talk about being white, you are talking about race. When you conflate American for white, you are talking about race. As a race, yuou are included in Affirmative Action.

I love it when a black racist pretends to know how white people think. :lol:

Hey Westvall, 2x2=4.

Do you disagree with that too?
:auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg:

You're a joke son.

Why is it okay for blacks to be racist, but not whites?

"This does not apply to all whites, but there is a subculture in the white community that claims not to see race while holding virulent racist views. In this subculture, people claim to not be taught to see race, but the reality is they are not taught to see themselves as a race. In this subculture this is what they see when they say American:"

What you call black racism is not racism.

View attachment 664567

Blah blah blah. Play in Pastor Brook's golf tournament. Dust off your clubs, get some fresh air and do something positive. If you can't play you can donate your entry fee. These mind numbing lectures you come up with are a complete waste of web space. :th_smiley_emoticons_gaehn:

View attachment 664567
Wow, a family of two kids and two (presumably married) parents. Basic arithmetic would suggest that this combination would result in a superior quality of life to that of an unmarried mother with three children. Do the math, if that isn't too much of a challenge.

In this subculture this is what they see when they say American:

Part of the white community has conflated the word American to mean white and claim they do not see race when that is all they see. They do not think twice about how that is racist.

When you conflate American for white, you are talking about race. As a race, yuou are included in Affirmative Action.
Do you believe that this is a uniquely American - meaning United States - problem?

No, we don't need a new party. Most blacks are independent. We vote based on policy and republican policies are not in our best interest.
No, you vote for the black candidates without looking at their platforms.

Also to be honest, I always viewed Blacks as totally American, and everyone does, but not Asians, or Latinos, even in Japan Americans are Black characters, in movies americans are black europeans are white, sometimes there are movies where the white guy is evil and a soviet and the black guy is american like in Rocky IV. In Rocky IV the Black American gets beaten and killed in the ring by Dolph Lundgren, and the white guy or the blonde scandinavian guy is the anti-american character. I think it is worse for Asians and Latinos, and people like me (Gypsies) then for blacks. Gypsies are hidden Americans, and they are not seen as Americans, but they are also have a long history dating back to the colonies, and they also were slaves, and even blacks had gypsie slaves, and some black slave owners mixed with their gypsie slaves. Very few people know that.

You are a racist. And both these women were imminently qualified.

This is What the Government has done for Whites
Come on. Kamala talks like an idiot, and Ketanji can't even define 'woman'. You could substitute Oprah and Gayle King, and you wouldn't know the difference. Massive incompetence. These women were awarded their positions because of their race alone.

They aren't in the same league as, say, Condoleeza Rice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Topics

Forum List

Back