The ignore function

The only to get this board back on track like it was years ago is to put all the democrats on ignore...they will get tired of talking to themselves and go elsewhere.

Just curious dude.. How do you know about "years ago" on this board when you just joined in 2018. HUH??
:www_MyEmoticons_com__shush:
Years ago, the place was a Wild West flame zone.. Even in the Mod Room...

I bet that was fun.

I only caught the tail end of "Pioneer Days" and the daily public hangings and trials... But since we SAVE EVERYTHING at USMB -- You or anyone else that likes Wyatt Earp stories can call up those threads...

I think I went back a year ago to the very 1st posts on USMB...

And also the history and infamy of the Mod Room is likewise preserved... That's even MORE entertaining.... :uhh:

So how does one do that? I am wondering if I have this board confused with another?

You have to be really bored or really over-tired.. I did it in the Mod forum by clicking back on recent posts all the way to the beginning.. I think you could do that in ANY forum.. But in politics, it would take DAYS to get there... You have to know some of "founding father's and mother's" names to get anywhere near the beginning of posts for most forums.. Then you can search for their content and click back from there...

You might be confused. Think this show all began about 2008 or 2009...

I found the place in 2008 or earlier; then it was one of the best 'breaking news' sites around to check daily, pretty comprehensive and almost the equal of the now defunct Political Crossfire, great for finding news stuff to start threads with on my regular boards back then. I checked 'Current Events recently and it's all just fake news spam about Trump for the last 3 pages or so.

Last edited:
I highly recommend putting democrats on ignore ....my board looks so much better now without all the riff raff clogging up threads.

th

Try using prune juice instead.

*****CHUCKLE*****

:)

Well I don't know why I post here tonight I got the feeling that something ain't right
I'm so scared negotiations will flare And I'm wonderin' how my account will fare
Mods to the left of me , rules to the right, here I am , Stuck with ignoring you

Yes I'm stuck with ignoring you, cause debating is such an ado
It's so hard to show my avatar face, Losing control, yeah, i'm all over the place
Mods on the left of me, rules to the right, Here I am, Stuck with ignoring you

Well you posted here with nothing , and you say you're a substantive man
But nothing you post adds up, and it all just reeks of ....

SleeEEeeeze.... SleeeEEeeeeease.....

Try to make some sense of it all But I can see that it makes no sense at all
It' so cool to live on total ignore No more worries over forum decor
Mods to the left of me , no fight tonight, here I am , Stuck with ignoring you

Yes i'm stuck with ignoring you

Yes i am...

Stuck on ignoring you

~S~ w/ apologies to Steelers Wheel, and anyone remotely a fan

Seems to me that the ignore function exists just so person A can indulge in a passive aggressive attack upon person B by announcing to everybody that they are on it.

Why bother?

I do not want to be tempted to wast time communicatiing with democrats...I just put my first one on ignore....billy.

I am going over the posts in politics first...soon as I spot a democrat....I am going to put them on ignore. Are you a democrat?

If you have to ask -------------------------------------------- what's the point?

The ignore function is a wonderful thing. Especially on this board. :)
Maybe if you have stalkers. It's a very last resort for me and even then I never keep anyone on ignore forever.

My grandma always told me you can learn something from anyone if you ask the right questions. The secret is knowing when to pretend you're smart and when it's best to just play dumb.
1586029293104.png

I've found the BEST way to ignore the liberal lunatics that post on here is to not click on ANY of their comments they have answering something YOU posted. I VERY RARELY put anyone on Ignore, I've found it's best to just ignore ALL posts they aim towards you. So if I see that one of these knuckleheads HAS responded to me, in my Alert list, I COMPLETELY ignore it, and pretend it doesn't exist. It took me TOO long to figure out this strategy, but I will use it all the time from now on. One thing these libtards REALLY hate is being ignored. If you don't respond enough times, these morons will most likely lose interest, because of their short attention spans, and will move on and feebly attempt to antagonize someone else. Thank you.

I use the ignore button when I tire of reading vulgar comments that have no nexus to the topic at hand. I can name more who do so, than the few I ignore, and on occasion I will parole one of them to see if they have grown up. In the case of the finger man, I doubt he ever will.

The ignore function is a wonderful thing. Especially on this board. :)
Maybe if you have stalkers. It's a very last resort for me and even then I never keep anyone on ignore forever.

My grandma always told me you can learn something from anyone if you ask the right questions. The secret is knowing when to pretend you're smart and when it's best to just play dumb.View attachment 319143
I left a handful off of ignore. But most of the others are socks and drama trolls anyway and they all spew the same talking points so it’s not like I’m missing much. They are pretty much a waste of time to read and litter the board with crap that I don’t feel like weeding through.

I've found the BEST way to ignore the liberal lunatics that post on here is to not click on ANY of their comments they have answering something YOU posted. I VERY RARELY put anyone on Ignore, I've found it's best to just ignore ALL posts they aim towards you. So if I see that one of these knuckleheads HAS responded to me, in my Alert list, I COMPLETELY ignore it, and pretend it doesn't exist. It took me TOO long to figure out this strategy, but I will use it all the time from now on. One thing these libtards REALLY hate is being ignored. If you don't respond enough times, these morons will most likely lose interest, because of their short attention spans, and will move on and feebly attempt to antagonize someone else. Thank you.
That works too. :)

This is one of the "game cheats" for message board survival.. No one NEEDS "a button".. Unless you have unlimited time to waste -- it's best "just to know when to fold them. Know when to walk away"...

This is one of the "game cheats" for message board survival.. No one NEEDS "a button".. Unless you have unlimited time to waste -- it's best "just to know when to fold them. Know when to walk away"...
You are exactly right.

I keep myself on ignore
so I won't feel guilty for saying anything stupid.

Got it :laugh:.

I try not to use it for most normal members, but temporarily when someone gets stale in their complaints or is trolling too often. I can accept a good insult or even a full-out rant :dev3:.

Once they're on temporary ignore, then I'll read some of their replies to others until I think they have calmed down. A select few are on permanent as they are probably unhinged :cuckoo:.

I keep myself on ignore
so I won't feel guilty for saying anything stupid.

Got it :laugh:.

I try not to use it for most normal members, but temporarily when someone gets stale in their complaints or is trolling too often. I can accept a good insult or even a full-out rant :dev3:.

Once they're on temporary ignore, then I'll read some of their replies to others until I think they have calmed down. A select few are on permanent as they are probably unhinged :cuckoo:.
My general rule with people..."If you're gonna be an asshole, at least have a sense of humor about it. " These ones with the authoritarian, holier-than-thou attitudes who know everything and are sure that you don't ....in real life, they probably have no friends, even their own families avoid them and their coworkers can't stand them, so they vent their anger and frustration out on us unsuspecting anonymous victims, hoping for some sense of redemption to brighten their otherwise miserable lives..

Last edited:

Forum List

Back