The ignore function

I'd rather put assholes on 'ignore' than get sanctioned for returning their insults. Sometimes, in a debate, the loser (lefty) has nowhere to go so suddenly the insults and off topic blather start especially of that asshole is a 'last worder' who always wants to get in the last word regardless of how vapid they make their resonse. At that point, I just put them on 'ignore.' It's kind of like putting them in the penalty-box. Some stay there indefinitely and others I might let out if they are not repeat offenders.

The only to get this board back on track like it was years ago is to put all the democrats on ignore...they will get tired of talking to themselves and go elsewhere.

Seems to me that the ignore function exists just so person A can indulge in a passive aggressive attack upon person B by announcing to everybody that they are on it.

Why bother?

I have posters on ignore and never announce it...

You clearly must not be doing it right Bruce - folks need to announce it...or...well....it just isn't proper.

If you have them on ignore, and they respond to you but never get a reply, I think they can figure it out. It's more neat that way.

I highly recommend putting democrats on ignore ....my board looks so much better now without all the riff raff clogging up threads.

I'd rather put assholes on 'ignore' than get sanctioned for returning their insults. Sometimes, in a debate, the loser (lefty) has nowhere to go so suddenly the insults and off topic blather start especially of that asshole is a 'last worder' who always wants to get in the last word regardless of how vapid they make their resonse. At that point, I just put them on 'ignore.' It's kind of like putting them in the penalty-box. Some stay there indefinitely and others I might let out if they are not repeat offenders.
The "last worders" are hilarious. I HAVE put a few of them on ignore, but then take them off maybe a half hour later when their short attention spans have most likely caused them to lose interest.

The "last worders" are hilarious. I HAVE put a few of them on ignore, but then take them off maybe a half hour later when their short attention spans have most likely caused them to lose interest.

I ignore a few trolls and flamers. I don't just ignore people who don't agree with me though, or even if they do a little name-calling. That's fine. It's a political forum after all. I ignore the ones who don't ever add anything to any discussion, stalkers, and the ones who like to gang up on and try to bully for some kind of weird personal pleasure that they get from it.

I highly recommend putting democrats on ignore ....my board looks so much better now without all the riff raff clogging up threads.

they are literally all just dim witted parrots; go read DU, Daily Kos, and maybe two other sites and you know exactly what every single one of their 'talking points' is going to be for the day and probably the next week at a minimum, it takes maybe 10-15 minutes, all of it fake news and rubbish.

The only to get this board back on track like it was years ago is to put all the democrats on ignore...they will get tired of talking to themselves and go elsewhere.

Just curious dude.. How do you know about "years ago" on this board when you just joined in 2018. HUH??
:www_MyEmoticons_com__shush:
Years ago, the place was a Wild West flame zone.. Even in the Mod Room...

Just curious dude.. How do you know about "years ago" on this board when you just joined in 2018. HUH??

i am talking of before that when it was called something else...general discussions or something like that.

circa 1997

Last edited:

Sorry.

I couldn't remember which one I was using.

I bet that was fun.

I put all the liberals on ignore months ago only because I got sick of the same shit clogging up every thread.

I bet that was fun.

I only caught the tail end of "Pioneer Days" and the daily public hangings and trials... But since we SAVE EVERYTHING at USMB -- You or anyone else that likes Wyatt Earp stories can call up those threads...

I think I went back a year ago to the very 1st posts on USMB...

And also the history and infamy of the Mod Room is likewise preserved... That's even MORE entertaining.... :uhh:

I bet that was fun.

I only caught the tail end of "Pioneer Days" and the daily public hangings and trials... But since we SAVE EVERYTHING at USMB -- You or anyone else that likes Wyatt Earp stories can call up those threads...

And also the history and infamy of the Mod Room is likewise preserved... That's even MORE entertaining.... :uhh:

I bet that was fun.

So how does one do that? I am wondering if I have this board confused with another?

I have never used the ignore button before....but I am going to start putting all the democrats on ignore....so how does one do that?

It's really easy. Click on the name of the individual you wish to deny their existence. A pop up window will open. You'll see in the middle of that window "Profile page" "Follow" and "Ignore".
Click Ignore. Then do a reload of the web page.

Like magic, the sub-human disappears forever. You are like me, soon you'll forget their names and that they ever existed. I have never regretted using the ignore function on people. Never.

I bet that was fun.

So how does one do that? I am wondering if I have this board confused with another?

You have to be really bored or really over-tired.. I did it in the Mod forum by clicking back on recent posts all the way to the beginning.. I think you could do that in ANY forum.. But in politics, it would take DAYS to get there... You have to know some of "founding father's and mother's" names to get anywhere near the beginning of posts for most forums.. Then you can search for their content and click back from there...

You might be confused. Think this show all began about 2008 or 2009...

Forum List

Back