The identity political losers are pushing racism....about the Wuhan flu. Blacks are dying at a higher rate....according to Yahoo

Theowl32

Diamond Member
Dec 8, 2013
Coronavirus is disproportionately affecting black Americans and eliciting calls for more data — here's what you need to know
Kamilah Newton
Yahoo LifestyleApril 9, 2020, 2:04 PM EDT

During a press briefing this week at the White House, Anthony Fauci — director of the National Institutes of Allergy and Infectious Disease — spoke out about growing concerns surrounding racial disparities in deaths from COVID-19. “We will get over coronavirus, but there will still be health disparities which we really do need to address in the African-American community,” he said.

He’s far from the first to express concern.

Ida Bae Wells

@nhannahjones

https://twitter.com/nhannahjones/status/1247176506452905986

When Covid-19 first hit America hard last month, the narrative was that it was the great equalizer, that in such a divided nation, our shared humanity meant we would be equal in our suffering. But those of us who understand racial caste in America knew this could never be true.

10:57 AM - Apr 6, 2020
Twitter Ads info and privacy

17K people are talking about this

One thing the left wing media is loathe to talk about is compliance with stay-at-home orders. Earlier this week, I drove to the drive-thru pharmacy (which is allowed in my state), and observed 10 African-American youth playing 5-on-5 basketball at a city park. So it's not all related to "equal access to healthcare" and other identity politics narratives that the left wing media promulgates.

Nearly everything in this article is either wrong, misleading, or just a guess based on incomplete information. There's an old saying, "Correlation does not imply causation." I could propose many plausible explanations for the apparent "racism" of COVID-19:
-African Americans (AA) are more likely to live in tighter quarters than whites.
-AA are more likely to develop hypertension, diabetes, and other conditions that have been linked to higher risk of death from COVID-19.
-AA value social gatherings, with church being a very important part of life especially for older AA.
-AA tend to be mistrustful of the medical establishment, and may delay seeking treatment.
I'm not saying all or any of those are the true reasons, but they're probably better guesses than those put forth by Kamilah Newton, who wrote this piece of "journalism."
https://twitter.com/nhannahjones/status/1247176506452905986

African Americans are MUCH more likely to have jobs that are continuing through this crisis - food service, janitorial, staffing hospitals, nursing homes, active retail - and they are much more likely to be taking mass transit to and from these jobs. This alone would explain a higher incidence of the plague among African Americans.

Whether they are massively ignoring "social distancing" bullshit is a question for some study, but cannot be presumed.

A question to be analyzed later might be, Are there sick African Americans who are not going to the emergency room because they lack health insurance? Or, Are African Americans not being offered the same high level of treatment as "white" people? I have seen no credible reports on these two relevant issues. Probably because they would not support the obligatory cries of "Racism!"

Forum List

Back