the hypocrisy of google

iceberg

Diamond Member
May 15, 2017

dead on accurate. google fired someone for noting differences between men and women and that there's no problem with that. FIRED!!!! you can cite any other reason you like but this is why he was dismissed.

yet, their entire basis of existence depends on these differences so they can "target" their advertising. hell, try as i might i can't get them to stop tracking me on what i do.

This again?

Look, putting social and political ideologies aside. You cannot send an email to co-workers criticizing company policy. Whether its google, apple or Walmart. Futher more you cannot use your work email for expressing your political and social views. If I wrote an email to my co-workers criticizing my school's higher practices you can bet I'll be out the door by the end of the day.

I'm quite over what he said. His opinion isn't surprising as many men in silicone valley think like that ( even if they dont express it or pretend not to). But I find it puzzling this guy thought he could send an email like that to his co- workers and it would be OK to talk smack about company policy. I could understand if he posted this memo on a forum or any medium outside of work. But he chose to send it through his work medium. Very naive of him.

This again?

Look, putting social and political ideologies aside. You cannot send an email to co-workers criticizing company policy. Whether its google, apple or Walmart. Futher more you cannot use your work email for expressing your political and social views. If I wrote an email to my co-workers criticizing my school's higher practices you can bet I'll be out the door by the end of the day.

I'm quite over what he said. His opinion isn't surprising as many men in silicone valley think like that ( even if they dont express it or pretend not to). But I find it puzzling this guy thought he could send an email like that to his co- workers and it would be OK to talk smack about company policy. I could understand if he posted this memo on a forum or any medium outside of work. But he chose to send it through his work medium. Very naive of him.
at this point - who gives a FUCK about the e-mail?

he's dead on right about the culture there and that culture is 100% opposite what their own marketing does - targets people because of their differences and likes.

you missed it by taking yet another chance to be sanctimonious.

This again?

he's dead on right about the culture there and that culture is 100% opposite what their own marketing does - targets people because of their differences and likes.

People are whining about him being fired. I don't really care for the substance of the email because I dont agree with it. My point is people are foolish to think you can write an email criticizing your companies policy.

Google promotes diversity but it doesn't mean an employee can talk smack about them.

Schools ive worked for encouraged students to be open with their thoughts. But its doesn't mean I as a teacher can openly criticize school policy.

This again?

People are whining about him being fired. I don't really care for the substance of the email because I dont agree with it. My point is people are foolish to think you can write an email criticizing your companies policy.

Google promotes diversity but it doesn't mean an employee can talk smack about them.

Schools ive worked for encouraged students to be open with their thoughts. But its doesn't mean I as a teacher can openly criticize school policy.
and again you miss the entire point of the video itself.

not gonna go for strike 3. have a nice day.

It was his email that got him in trouble. If they didn't fire him, every female and minority coder would have had a case that his presence created a "Hostile Work Environment".

It really has noting to do with how AdWords works. (Oh, I've used Adwords. It doesn't work. What does work is getting people to positively review your business. )

The Video is kind of stupid. He didn't get in trouble for saying women are different. He got in trouble for saying they weren't very good at coding. Besides the fact of there being no evidence for that, he violated company policies and created a hostile work environment for female coders.

That's why he had to go.

This again?

Strike 3? I didn't realize we were playing baseball.

Have a nice day too.

The Video is kind of stupid. He didn't get in trouble for saying women are different. He got in trouble for saying they weren't very good at coding. Besides the fact of there being no evidence for that, he violated company policies and created a hostile work environment for female coders.

That's why he had to go.
his argument was that the workplace was already hostile to anything that wasn't pre-approved of in thought.

you are only proving he is right by ignoring and demonizing his point.

his argument was that the workplace was already hostile to anything that wasn't pre-approved of in thought.

If he really hated his job that much, he should be happy they fired him.

Frankly, he sounds like someone who had an inflated opinion of his abilities.

If he really hated his job that much, he should be happy they fired him.

Frankly, he sounds like someone who had an inflated opinion of his abilities.
great. you don't like someone, dog on their abilities w/o actual knowledge.

helps prop up image you wish to keep.

I have news for you...this is how the US rolls now. Anything goes for big business profit, but media image is another story

Forum List

Back