The Holmdel Achievement(s)

Abishai100

VIP Member
Sep 22, 2013
A vignette about high school memory in the United States (Earth). Hope you like it,

:stir:

====

The grand race way running park called Holmdel was where my respected boys' high-school cross-country ('XC') team achieved more of its laurels in its continued traditions of excellence in the regional sport, rivaling its neighboring school while shining forth great runners every year, including the year when I won the race myself, as a junior-year student, which is something no one should ever forget, least of all a good Catholic in America writing about Olympian-imagination on Earth!

xc3.jpg

I went to a 'typical' high school in the United States and liked my friends/teachers and enjoyed various activities like tennis, chess, math, music, cross-country running camps, video-games, and being one of the winning captains of the debate-club. However, it was the Holmdel memory that evokes in my good Catholic faith a strong sense of what makes competition a 'complete' sense of American dreaming.

xc4.jpeg

HOLMDEL FANZINE: This xc-course is high-flight; though it's under-ranked compared to others in the title-schedule, Holmdel remains iconic.

xc5.jpg

That year, our high school XC team was really good. Seniors and a strong junior-class, including myself, the #2 runner but sometimes #3, would consistently place first-or-second in each race, and usually 1st, alongside our neighboring rival, who of course showed up at Holmdel and gave me a certain 'run' for my money, but I made a stride in the last-stretch and sealed for Holmdel what my school sought --- a 'stalemate' imagination for real competition-diagrams on Earth. It's what makes XC human/great.

xc2.jpg

HOLMDEL FANZINE: What makes running stellar is its 'complete' sense of the human condition(s) and the 'shine' of fitness blended with diet.

xc7.jpg

High school sports remains very important to the American psyche/subconscious, since many-an athlete may go onto great NCAA fame/glory or be 'tempted' to bypass a solid college-ed in preference for a lucrative pro-sports contract. That's why the mind/spirit of the high school athlete continues to embody the quality of education priority in the United States (really).

xc9.jpg

Today, I'm an adult living in New England (United States), writing a special science-fiction novel about a man whose long-distance running interests brings him to the encounters with an alien named Martian who hopes to challenge him with chess-stalemate ideations. This writing-project reminded me why, as an adult, I'll always consider Holmdel an 'achievement' in the human diary in this era of inventive social-media commentary.

sb20.jpg

HOLMDEL FANZINE: Earthlings love XC and Holmdel remains a 'diadem' of Earth-competition, and all winners are laureled with magic-dials.

====

"Money is everything" (Ecclesiastes)

New Topics

Forum List

Back