...the hits keep on coming: Another taped Trump call to Georgia officials......

Chillicothe

Platinum Member
Feb 14, 2021
I saw a reference to this in tonight's Wall Street Journal, then went to the source they referenced. Here's a cut & paste of it:

"COBB COUNTY, Ga. — Channel 2 Action News has obtained a copy of a new phone call between former President Donald Trump and a lead investigator at the Georgia Secretary of State’s Office.

The call gives a new look at the outside pressure that Georgia investigators faced while investigating allegations of election fraud in 2020.

Channel 2 investigator reporter Mark Winne spoke exclusively with Frances Watson, the chief investigator for the Georgia’s Secretary of State’s Office.

The call between Watson and Trump took place on Dec. 23, one week before the now-famous phone call between Trump, Raffensperger, his attorney Ryan Germany and White House senior staff members.

“It is something that is not expected, and as I mentioned in the call, I was shocked that he would take the time to do that,” she said.

In the call recording, Trump mentions other states in the South where he defeated President Joe Biden, including Florida and Alabama and questions how he didn’t win Georgia. He also urges investigators to check signatures on ballots going back several years to verify their accuracy.

“If you go back two years or four years, you’ll see it’s a totally different signature. But, but hopefully, you know, I will, when the right answer comes down, you’ll be praised,” Trump said.

“You know, you have the most important job in the country right now. Because if we win Georgia, first of all if we win you’re gonna have two wins. They’re not gonna win right now, you know they’re down,” Trump said.

Watson said her call from Trump came after a conversation with his chief of staff Mark Meadows about the signature audit her team and the GBI were conducting in Cobb County.

“Even prior to the audit, we were working extremely long days. And during the audit, we had a team of over 50 that were working again 12-16 hour days, trying to complete the audit,” Watson said.

The investigation found there were only two mismatched signatures among the more than 15,000 votes in the audit.

Watson told Winne that she did not perceive any pressure from the president’s call and the phone call has not been requested from any investigative agency.

“You won’t be surprised if that happens after today?” Winne asked.

“No, I wouldn’t be surprised if it was requested and I wouldn’t mind sharing it,” Watson replied.

This is not the first phone call that the former president made to Georgia election officials and investigators.

Channel 2 Action News previously reported on another phone call that lasted more than an hour on Jan. 2 between Trump, Raffensperger, his attorney Ryan Germany and White House senior staff members.

During the call, Trump asked Raffensperger to “find” him 11,000 more votes and to overturn his defeat in the state.

Fulton County District Attorney Fani Willis opened an investigation into the phone call. Willis said she will look at all the evidence before making a decision about whether to file charges against Trump, and what those charges would be.

................................................................................................................

Is this the 'smoking gun'? In my opinion, nope.
Is this the penultimate "we got him now" In my opinion, nope.

Is this merde' cumulative? I, for one, thinks so.

After all, this is the President of the United States of America, the world's most powerful executive of the world's most indispensable nation..........calling a mere 'elections' investigator in one of the 50 states in America.

He was calling, in my humble opinion, to inappropriately influence an election.

Maybe the local prosecutor who is investigating the Raffesnberger call will use this call to develop context, a pattern.
Maybe.
Time will tell.
Let's let the cake bake.

I saw a reference to this in tonight's Wall Street Journal, then went to the source they referenced. Here's a cut & paste of it:

"COBB COUNTY, Ga. — Channel 2 Action News has obtained a copy of a new phone call between former President Donald Trump and a lead investigator at the Georgia Secretary of State’s Office.

The call gives a new look at the outside pressure that Georgia investigators faced while investigating allegations of election fraud in 2020.

Channel 2 investigator reporter Mark Winne spoke exclusively with Frances Watson, the chief investigator for the Georgia’s Secretary of State’s Office.

The call between Watson and Trump took place on Dec. 23, one week before the now-famous phone call between Trump, Raffensperger, his attorney Ryan Germany and White House senior staff members.

“It is something that is not expected, and as I mentioned in the call, I was shocked that he would take the time to do that,” she said.

In the call recording, Trump mentions other states in the South where he defeated President Joe Biden, including Florida and Alabama and questions how he didn’t win Georgia. He also urges investigators to check signatures on ballots going back several years to verify their accuracy.

“If you go back two years or four years, you’ll see it’s a totally different signature. But, but hopefully, you know, I will, when the right answer comes down, you’ll be praised,” Trump said.

“You know, you have the most important job in the country right now. Because if we win Georgia, first of all if we win you’re gonna have two wins. They’re not gonna win right now, you know they’re down,” Trump said.

Watson said her call from Trump came after a conversation with his chief of staff Mark Meadows about the signature audit her team and the GBI were conducting in Cobb County.

“Even prior to the audit, we were working extremely long days. And during the audit, we had a team of over 50 that were working again 12-16 hour days, trying to complete the audit,” Watson said.

The investigation found there were only two mismatched signatures among the more than 15,000 votes in the audit.

Watson told Winne that she did not perceive any pressure from the president’s call and the phone call has not been requested from any investigative agency.

“No, I wouldn’t be surprised if it was requested and I wouldn’t mind sharing it,” Watson replied.

This is not the first phone call that the former president made to Georgia election officials and investigators.

Channel 2 Action News previously reported on another phone call that lasted more than an hour on Jan. 2 between Trump, Raffensperger, his attorney Ryan Germany and White House senior staff members.

During the call, Trump asked Raffensperger to “find” him 11,000 more votes and to overturn his defeat in the state.

Fulton County District Attorney Fani Willis opened an investigation into the phone call. Willis said she will look at all the evidence before making a decision about whether to file charges against Trump, and what those charges would be.

................................................................................................................

After all, this is the President of the United States of America, the world's most powerful executive of the world's most indispensable nation..........calling a mere 'elections' investigator in one of the 50 states in America.

Maybe the local prosecutor who is investigating the Raffesnberger call will use this call to develop context, a pattern.
Maybe.
Time will tell.
Let's let the cake bake.
President Trump was right.

There are 400,000 ballots with no chain of custody record, which is illegal. Biden “won” by 12,000.

It was stolen, plain and simple, and these assholes in Georgia let it happen.

Maybe.
Time will tell.
Let's let the cake bake.
President Trump was right.

There are 400,000 ballots with no chain of custody record, which is illegal. Biden “won” by 12,000.

It was stolen, plain and simple, and these assholes in Georgia let it happen.
Can you cry a little quieter? it will not help Trump if he is charged with a crime.

"In my opinion you are a moron"

Ah, poster Indeependent. My friend.

Free advice, and worth every penny: This is the internet. You are posting anonymously under a fake name. As am I.
In short, it ain't personal. There's no real skin in the game.

Accordingly, don't let your emotions and impulsiveness run away with your usually intelligent and rational adult self. Don't squander any credibility you may have earned after 50,000+ posts on this gossipboard. In other words, strive to project maturity and adulthood.

Do this: Read the article in the linked OP. Then......then come back to this forum and offer us your thoughtful reasoned perspective on this call between the most powerful executive in the world and this mere investigator in one state of the United states.

Offer us your view on the context and intent of this call by Don Trump.

I, and I suspect many others here, will look for your response. We respect your gravitas and experience.

Saddle up, Skippy ;)

Maybe.
Time will tell.
Let's let the cake bake.
Get better soon :itsok:

"In my opinion you are a moron"

Ah, poster Indeependent. My friend.

Free advice, and worth every penny: This is the internet. You are posting anonymously under a fake name. As am I.
In short, it ain't personal. There's no real skin in the game.

Accordingly, don't let your emotions and impulsiveness run away with your usually intelligent and rational adult self. Don't squander any credibility you may have earned after 50,000+ posts on this gossipboard. In other words, strive to project maturity and adulthood.

Do this: Read the article in the linked OP. Then......then come back to this forum and offer us your thoughtful reasoned perspective on this call between the most powerful executive in the world and this mere investigator in one state of the United states.

Offer us your view on the context and intent of this call by Don Trump.

I, and I suspect many others here, will look for your response. We respect your gravitas and experience.

Saddle up, Skippy ;)
He's right...You're a moron.

Maybe.
Time will tell.
Let's let the cake bake.
Does anyone in the history of this country have a single copy of a Democrat POTUS conversation with another leader?

Maybe.
Time will tell.
Let's let the cake bake.
Get better soon :itsok:
Oh, the humanity! Can they impeach Trump again?

Well, that sounds like serious merde'.

Have you checked to see if or what Gabriel Sterling of the Georgia Secretary of State's office, the Republican in charge of the Georgia vote, has offered on this very issue?

THAT could be one source for you to vet your assertion of "400,000" ballots.

If Sterling hasn't addressed it,.....well, then, please share with the forum your own vetting, the sourcing, of your assertion.

Mind you, we trust your opinion. But......but you are an anonymous poster on an internet gossipboard. That's all. Accordingly, your mature, seasoned, intelligent colleagues here will very likely expect you to show a little more game in your game......than merely making an unsupported assertions.

So whadda got to back yourself up, poster Hawk?

He was calling, in my humble opinion, to inappropriately influence an election.me

Maybe.
Time will tell.
Let's let the cake bake.
mean while the dems feel the need to re do the entire election system to favor them
But if we put the focus on Trump the average dummy won't notice us.

mean while the dems feel the need to re do

Meanwhile, if you don't like the topic of this thread, poster tyrone, then start a thread that covers the topic you want to discuss.

Don't do easypeazey cheap and sleazy "Look, Squirrel".....on this one.

With all due respect.

Maybe.
Time will tell.
Let's let the cake bake.
So glad Trump was voted out of office.

Since Trump is no longer POTUS I'm wondering why all these lefty loons keep bringing him up??

If I were them I'd be trying to defend the stuttering fuck they stole an election for. He's not doing them proud at all.

We'll be lucky if he doesn't bankrupt the country.

Maybe.
Time will tell.
Let's let the cake bake.
So glad Trump was voted out of office.

LOL He wasn't voted out. The election was stolen and given to Biden. He sure isn't living up to your expectations.

We'll be lucky if he doesn't bankrupt the country.

Since Trump is no longer POTUS I'm wondering why all these lefty loons keep bringing him up??
I honestly cannot speak for "lefty loons".
However, the story is 'brought up'.....because it is in the newsfeeds last night. It is 'news'.

I got it from the Wall Street Journal, a long established, well recognized conservative legacy news outlet. Owned by the very same guy who owns Fox News, Rupert Murdoch.
So, "Lefty Loon".......seems a tad, well, a tad misinformed.
No disrespect intended.
................................................................................

LOL He wasn't voted out. The election was stolen and given to Biden.
And, honest poster Claudette, I ain't trying to pick on you, it is just that your posting too often comes across as a Whack-A-Mole exercise. You keep coming up with the same tired claim over and over again. And when queried about vetting, about sourcing......you disappear, down in the Mole's Hole.
Or maybe the Little Girl's powder room?

So, once again you charge theft, that the election was stolen, yadda, yadda, yadda.

And once again, ----- how do you know?
What vetting, what sourcing, what evidence can you offer us here on the USMB that is persuasive?

So saddle-up, Susie. Let's rock'n'roll. Show the forum that you know your onions.

be trying to defend the stuttering fuck they stole an election for.

And, as I've already observed in another thread, I look for your posting as they are, ummmm, 'notable'.
And too, I'm charmed by your frequent and regular ---and expected--- use of the f-bomb.

I find it creative, imaginative, novel, .....but alas, too predictable from you. Almost to the point most any of us here could complete your sentences. We need only add an f-bomb or two. ;)

I honestly cannot speak for "lefty loons".
However, the story is 'brought up'.....because it is in the newsfeeds last night. It is 'news'.

I got it from the Wall Street Journal, a long established, well recognized conservative legacy news outlet. Owned by the very same guy who owns Fox News, Rupert Murdoch.
So, "Lefty Loon".......seems a tad, well, a tad misinformed.
No disrespect intended.
................................................................................

LOL He wasn't voted out. The election was stolen and given to Biden.
And, honest poster Claudette, I ain't trying to pick on you, it is just that your posting too often comes across as a Whack-A-Mole exercise. You keep coming up with the same tired claim over and over again. And when queried about vetting, about sourcing......you disappear, down in the Mole's Hole.
Or maybe the Little Girl's powder room?

So, once again you charge theft, that the election was stolen, yadda, yadda, yadda.

And once again, ----- how do you know?
What vetting, what sourcing, what evidence can you offer us here on the USMB that is persuasive?

So saddle-up, Susie. Let's rock'n'roll. Show the forum that you know your onions.

be trying to defend the stuttering fuck they stole an election for.

And, as I've already observed in another thread how I look for your posting as they are, ummmm, 'notable'.
And too, I'm charmed by your frequent and regular ---and expected--- use of the f-bomb.

I find it creative, imaginative, novel, .....but alas, too predictable from you. Almost to the point most any of us here could complete your sentences. We need only add an f-bomb or two. ;)

Well why don't you discuss the crisis on the border. Stuttering fuck handcuffed ICE and we have thousand streaming into our country.

Hell Texas has called out their NG to their border.

Oh and if you don't like my language. Don't read my posts. Easy enough. I find you to be a sanctimonious ass.

Forum List

Back