The Heart of the AGW Premise Fails Empirical Review.

So, you believe matter is aware of its surroundings and only emits towards cooler matter.

What if that matter is a thousand light years away and is, when observed, only minutely warmer and in the midst of a process that will result in its cooling dramatically before the thousand years have passed before its IR photons would arrive there? Eh?
Yeah just like I said...you have people saying all kinds of dumb stuff, like "matter is aware of its surroundings Eh?"..How pathetic is that when you have to fantasize idiotic statements that nobody made so that you have a metric which supports your delusions of intellectual grandeur ?
You hear voices in your head telling you I wrote anything along these lines?

you have people saying all kinds of dumb stuff, like "matter is aware of its surroundings"

When you say it out loud, SSDD's idiocy is inescapable.

So, you believe matter is aware of its surroundings and only emits towards cooler matter.

What if that matter is a thousand light years away and is, when observed, only minutely warmer and in the midst of a process that will result in its cooling dramatically before the thousand years have passed before its IR photons would arrive there? Eh?
Yeah just like I said...you have people saying all kinds of dumb stuff, like "matter is aware of its surroundings Eh?"..How pathetic is that when you have to fantasize idiotic statements that nobody made so that you have a metric which supports your delusions of intellectual grandeur ?

They are referring to me...although I never said that matter is aware of anything...again, fabricating statements from their opponents to argue against, rather than simply arguing against what was said. I simply said that energy obeys the second law of thermodynamics and doesn't transfer from cool to warm...they believe that somehow energy, or matter or both must be aware in order to obey the laws of physics...they fail to grasp that the laws of physics are what they are because of they way energy and matter react. If energy spontaneously and freely moved from cool to warm, then the second law of thermodynamics wouldn't exist.

I guess they think rocks know which way the ground is when they are dropped since apparently they have to be aware in order to obey the laws of physics...I guess they think if you drop enough rocks, sooner or later you will get one that isn't aware of which way is down and it will fall up.

They are referring to me...although I never said that matter is aware of anything...again, fabricating statements from their opponents to argue against, rather than simply arguing against what was said. I simply said that energy obeys the second law of thermodynamics and doesn't transfer from cool to warm...they believe that somehow energy, or matter or both must be aware in order to obey the laws of physics...they fail to grasp that the laws of physics are what they are because of they way energy and matter react. If energy spontaneously and freely moved from cool to warm, then the second law of thermodynamics wouldn't exist.

I guess they think rocks know which way the ground is when they are dropped since apparently they have to be aware in order to obey the laws of physics...I guess they think if you drop enough rocks, sooner or later you will get one that isn't aware of which way is down and it will fall up.

I simply said that energy obeys the second law of thermodynamics and doesn't transfer from cool to warm

Exactly!
Energy simply knows the temperature of matter millions of light years away, millions of years in the future and simply refuses to move in the direction of a warmer, future target. Simple.

DURR!

IF YOU SAY THAT COOLER MATTER WILL NOT RADIATE TOWARDS WARMER MATTER THAT IS FUCKING EXACTLY WHAT YOU ARE SAYING.

The stupidity of that statement exceeds the capability of the English vocabulary to express it.
I thought everybody who discusses physics here knew that covalent bonds consist of coupled electron pairs and not of the little sticks or springs they use in the animations for teenage school kids.
WTF do you think happens when CO2 absorbs IR? Photons "hit" the little balls on these sticks and make them jiggle? Look I can`t be bothered to continue this conversation with somebody like you. That`s why they have minimum standard exams in the real world which you could not possibly pass before somebody like me would be obliged to humor you.

What is the point of your ill-tempered post? It is not clear in your post whether you believe vibration modes exist or not. I really don't care, but if you are interested, this Caltech site gives details of the vibration modes of triatomic molecules.
IR Spectrum
The vibration modes were seen in CO2 absorption spectra, but the electronic excitations are way too high for earth thermal radiation to excite, so it's the solar radiation that does it.

What is interesting at the Caltech site is that even if the GHG is in an electronic excited state due to SW radiation, the LW IR vibration modes can still occur.

Last edited:
IF YOU SAY THAT COOLER MATTER WILL NOT RADIATE TOWARDS WARMER MATTER THAT IS FUCKING EXACTLY WHAT YOU ARE SAYING.

It is never clear what pbear thinks. He likes to obfuscate his thoughts. One reason that seems plausible is if someone challenges him, he can then rant back at them for misunderstanding him.

It seems that pbear, ssdd, and the other deniers are only interested in playing word games, and not so much interested in what the physics actually involves. If I am wrong, then we have to assume that they are incredibly stupid.

Myohmy all in caps..."THAT IS FUCKING EXACTLY WHAT YOU ARE SAYING"
I kept telling you the exact opposite over and over again.This forum is as good as an interactive version of a Yosemite Sam cartoon, even better. All it takes is not to say what you want me to say to make your head explode. Hahahaha makes me wonder why I should not manipulate your blood pressure some more till you wind up wearing a medical bracelet.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back