The greatest tragedy in U.S. history

P@triot

Diamond Member
Jul 5, 2011
United States
No - it's not the murder of 5 police officers in Dallas, or 3 police officers in Louisiana. It's not 9/11 or the Oklahoma City bombing. It's not the Watts Riots, the LA Riots, or the New Orleans Riots. It's not the $19 trillion in national debt or the erosion or rights. Unbelievably, it's not even slavery.

The greatest tragedy in U.S. history (in world history for that matter) is the unimaginable sacrifices men and women who founded this country and fought in wars to protect it, made - only to have modern-day liberals take their sacrifices and turn them into bargaining chips to be traded in for pitiful government table scraps and other handouts.

I guess for some - who never had to make any sacrifices and had freedom handed to them on a silver platter - liberty just doesn't mean that much. Millions throughout U.S. history made tremendous sacrifices - up to and including giving their lives - only to have it voluntarily surrendered by those on the left for some stamps allowing the purchase of cigarettes and beer.

The Sacrifices Made by the Men Who Signed the Declaration

About 55 innocent people were murdered during the Rodney King riots partially because the liberal media encouraged violence as a solution for perceived legal injustice. The reckless conduct of the liberal media is the greatest tragedy in modern times.
Still not as tragic as people dying for liberty just to have liberals voluntarily surrender it for "free" cigarettes and beer.

History teaches us that once a civilization begins its decline, there is no saving it. While we fight amongst ourselves, the barbarians are tearing down the gates. Our children and our children's children will learn the Koran, and all other books will be tossed into the fire. All the knowledge and science and art of the West will be lost. I am glad I shall be dead before this era of darkness and ignorance descends upon us.

About 55 innocent people were murdered during the Rodney King riots partially because the liberal media encouraged violence as a solution for perceived legal injustice. The reckless conduct of the liberal media is the greatest tragedy in modern times.
Still not as tragic as people dying for liberty just to have liberals voluntarily surrender it for "free" cigarettes and beer.

Don't forget the Obamaphones.

History teaches us that once a civilization begins its decline, there is no saving it. While we fight amongst ourselves, the barbarians are tearing down the gates. Our children and our children's children will learn the Koran, and all other books will be tossed into the fire. All the knowledge and science and art of the West will be lost. I am glad I shall be dead before this era of darkness and ignorance descends upon us.
Man...that depresses the hell out of me but you are spot on (as much it pains me to admit that).

Fox News, to their credit, plays down these tragedies to minimize copycat or wildfire casualties. MSNBC and CNN are the worst offenders who at times appear to be fanning the flames of civil unrest, trading blood for ratings and "civil rights" political agendas..

We passed the point of no return when the American people voted Obama into office. That is when I realized that the enemies of freedom outnumbered the friends of freedom among the American people. There is no way to go back now.

How many people paid the price for the Reactionary Media's cheerleading of the war crime we call Iraqnam?

Q: Has the Obama administration started a program to use "taxpayer money" to give free cell phones to welfare recipients?

A: No. Low-income households have been eligible for discounted telephone service for more than a decade. But the program is funded by telecom companies, not by taxes, and the president has nothing to do with it.

The Obama Phone?

The greatest tragedy in US history is that we were a nation founded by God and blessed by God and refused God's offer in 2 Chronicles 7:14!

If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
2 Chronicles 7:14

Ninevah did not have the Word of God, Ninevah did not know God! Their king didn't know God. The Word of God tells us they didn't know their right hand from their left! Yet they repented and turned from their wickedness!

And should not I spare Nineveh, that great city, wherein are more than sixscore thousand persons that cannot discern between their right hand and their left hand; and also much cattle?
Jonah 4:11

They didn't know any better! God had to send his prophet Jonah to them to warn them!

In this country, what excuse do we have? We have the Word of God, the KJV Bible, Bible on CD, Bible on DVD, Bible on tape cassette...The best sermons by the greatest preachers of church history recorded on you tube. We have freedom to gather and worship the Lord and and it isn't against the law to preach the Word of God! Still, there is a famine in the land of the hearing of the Word of God!

There was a time when America was the envy of the world! We were blessed by God and yet this nation has steadfastly refused to repent and return to the Lord! THAT is the greatest tragedy of US history! After the judgment of God falls upon America, historians will look back and confirm this to be true.

Last edited:

Q: Has the Obama administration started a program to use "taxpayer money" to give free cell phones to welfare recipients?

A: No. Low-income households have been eligible for discounted telephone service for more than a decade. But the program is funded by telecom companies, not by taxes, and the president has nothing to do with it.

The Obama Phone?

You dumb Moon Bat. All of you Moon Bats are uneducated and low information.

There is an Obamaphone tax on every phone bill in the US.

What Those Rising Taxes on Your Phone Bill Pay For: A Fraud-Friendly ‘Obamaphone’ Program

Lifeline is funded by a “universal service fee” — essentially, a tax — placed on your phone bill. And since 2008, Lifeline spending has almost doubled, growing from $819 million to $1.6 billion. To finance this and other spending on universal services, the tax rate on Americans’ phone bills has increased by 83 percent over the past seven years.

The tax rate on Americans’ phone bills has increased by 83 percent over the past seven years. So where does your hard-earned money go? So where does your hard-earned money go? Unfortunately, Lifeline, known in some circles as the “Obamaphone” program, is plagued by waste, fraud, and abuse. And ground zero for the program’s current woes is the state of Oklahoma. Why? The typical Lifeline subsidy is $9.25 per month. But those who live on lands designated as “tribal” receive $34.25 per month, whether or not they are Native Americans.

Read more at: What Those Rising Taxes on Your Phone Bill Pay For: A Fraud-Friendly ‘Obamaphone’ Program

History teaches us that once a civilization begins its decline, there is no saving it. … I am glad I shall be dead before this era of darkness and ignorance descends upon us.

I do not share your hatred of Islam. I've known some very good people who are Muslims, and I very much object to them being tarred with the same brush as the violent, extreme fringes that call themselves by that name.

But other than that, what you have written is very similar to what I often find myself thinking in my darker moods. I see my great nation, the product of great sacrifices made by my ancestors, in a state of what often appears to be unstoppable decline, and I hope that I am old enough that I will not live to see the end of it.

I don't see this destruction as coming from Muslims or other outsiders, but from social and moral decay from within.

Last edited:
We passed the point of no return when the American people voted Obama into office. That is when I realized that the enemies of freedom outnumbered the friends of freedom among the American people. There is no way to go back now.

I hope you are wrong, but I fear you may be right. Much will depend on this upcoming election, I think. If Mrs. Clinton is elected President, then I will have to agree that we've crossed the Rubicon. Mr. Trump is very far short of my ideal Presidential Candidate, but if he's elected, then there is still hope that the country will turn away from the destructive direction in which it is now heading; if not in a positive direction, then at least in a direction from which recovery is possible.

The Obama Phone?

What Those Rising Taxes on Your Phone Bill Pay For: A Fraud-Friendly ‘Obamaphone’ Program

Lifeline is funded by a “universal service fee” — essentially, a tax — placed on your phone bill. And since 2008, Lifeline spending has almost doubled, growing from $819 million to $1.6 billion. To finance this and other spending on universal services, the tax rate on Americans’ phone bills has increased by 83 percent over the past seven years.

The tax rate on Americans’ phone bills has increased by 83 percent over the past seven years. So where does your hard-earned money go? So where does your hard-earned money go? Unfortunately, Lifeline, known in some circles as the “Obamaphone” program, is plagued by waste, fraud, and abuse. And ground zero for the program’s current woes is the state of Oklahoma. Why? The typical Lifeline subsidy is $9.25 per month. But those who live on lands designated as “tribal” receive $34.25 per month, whether or not they are Native Americans.

Read more at: What Those Rising Taxes on Your Phone Bill Pay For: A Fraud-Friendly ‘Obamaphone’ Program

The Obama Phone?

You should have read all of it, Flush......at no point does it suggest that Obama changed any part of the program.....

Assuming one believes in the Lifeline program in the first place, and remembering that the FCC has mandated the program, it only makes sense to expand the phone assistance program to include cell phones. So, in 2008 the first application of this program for mobile phones began when a company called Tracfone started their Safelink Wireless service in Tennessee.

Aha, some say, that’s the same year Obama was elected! Well, that’s true. But the service in Tennessee was launched three months prior to Obama being elected. And that means the discussion and approval of the extension of the program occurred under President Bush’s watch.....

The free cell phones only go to those who qualify for the program under the exact same eligibility requirements that have been in effect since 1996. An applicant is generally eligible if they are at or below 135-150% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines (depending upon the state in which they live), or if they already participate in one of many public assistance programs such as Medicaid, food stamps, energy assistance, public housing and others.

Nothing about the Lifeline eligibility has changed since President Clinton’s days. Nothing has changed since President Bush’s days.

Obama Phone: Urban Legend or Real?

and as I recall, you owe your grandchildren an apology for having cast two votes for Scrub....

History teaches us that once a civilization begins its decline, there is no saving it. … I am glad I shall be dead before this era of darkness and ignorance descends upon us.

I do not share your hatred of Islam. I've known some very good people who are Muslims, and I very much object to them being tarred with the same brush as the violent, extreme fringes that call themselves by that name.

But other than that,what you have written is very similar to what I often find myself thinking in my darker moods. I see my great nation, the product of great sacrifices made by my ancestors, in a state of what appears to be unstoppable decline, and I hope that I am old enough that I will not live to see the end of it.

I don't see this destruction as coming from Muslims or other outsiders, but from social and moral decay from within.

On the matter of God's judgment upon America. The best I have heard it described was by Brother Michael Boldea who told of a water park he had gone to with family and noted one such contraption that had an arm with a bucket attached. Little by little drips of water fell into the bucket and as it became heavier it tilted. It wasn't until the bucket was completely filled that it suddenly tipped over and poured out - all at once.

A perfect picture of the judgment of God being "poured out" upon America. It shall happen all at once. SUDDENLY. Surely we see America's cup being filled even now but soon it shall reach the brim and America shall drink that bitter cup down to the dregs when it is at once poured out upon us.

This nation will fall by invasion from without and within exactly as Dumitru Duduman warned us it would be. The LORD sent Dumitru, a Romanian Pastor to warn America that we would be destroyed in 1 hour. I shall get you the video as he first came to the Mormons and warned them. While he was speaking an angel of the Lord appeared and the Mormon people believed the message which he sent. Hang on, Bob. I'll get you the video and you can hear it for yourself.
Here it is:

Last edited:
I shall get you the video as he first came to the Mormons and warned them. While he was speaking an angel of the Lord appeared and the Mormon people believed the message which he sent. After that, many Mormons left the LDS and became born again followers of Jesus Christ. Hang on, Bob. I'll get you the video and you can hear it for yourself.

I'm not interested in entertaining attacks against my own faith, nor am I interested in attacking your faith.

If you cannot see the utter folly in attacking your own allies, then you are useless to the cause.

Mormons already are “born-again followers of Jesus Christ”, no less than any other active, practicing Christians. All of us Christian faiths, and any other faiths that promote the moral values that are necessary to hold our society together, need to stand together, in spite of our doctrinal differences. If we attack one another, and tear one another down, then we are only doing our enemies' work for them.

New Topics

Forum List

Back