The GOP Has a Problem: My Generation Isn't Conservative

Bush and Trump were failed presidents with failed results.

Only a total fuckin retard, or a brainwashed sheep, would still be a conservative after those two super failures.

Conservatives have nothing to offer educated Americans, only high school drop outs.
And this snobbery is exactly why many rural people (educated or not) will never choose to be liberal.

It's missing the point anyway. As I said earlier, conservative and liberal are relative. You may consider yourself liberal today, but 20 years from now, society may shift so far to the left that you realize you are conservative by comparison. That's how it usually works with people.

So... Can any of you white wing dildos tell me what "Anglo-Saxon" politics are?
If you ask the Smithsonian, Anglo-Saxon values are responsibility, being on time, and being polite, although I believe this perspective is a bit white supremist.
Yes Trump was very polite and responsible.
I'm assuming you didn't get my reference. Here's the context: Smithsonian African American museum removes ‘whiteness’ chart slammed as racist

For the record, I don't consider any of these things to be exclusively white.

Only a total fuckin retard, or a brainwashed sheep, would still be a conservative after those two super failures.

Conservatives have nothing to offer educated Americans, only high school drop outs.
And this snobbery is exactly why many rural people (educated or not) will never choose to be liberal.

It's missing the point anyway. As I said earlier, conservative and liberal are relative. You may consider yourself liberal today, but 20 years from now, society may shift so far to the left that you realize you are conservative by comparison. That's how it usually works with people.
I support results and success, regardless of party. Bush and Trump were total failures and there is no way I can support that level of failure. The majority of our problems today are a result of Bush and trump, substantially worse than anything Obama did.

"This is nothing, it will all go away" "We're rounding the curve!" Let's go to war in Iraq!!!

I support results and success, regardless of party. Bush and Trump were total failures and there is no way I can support that level of failure. The majority of our problems today are a result of Bush and trump, substantially worse than anything Obama did.

"This is nothing, it will all go away" "We're rounding the curve!" Let's go to war in Iraq!!!
I was not a fan of Bush either, and you may find that a lot of conservatives that lean libertarian or populist didn't like him either. Bush was a neocon, which is more characteristic of the GOP establishment (and the Democratic one).

Trump was a populist and was doing quite well economically up until COVID.

As far as Obama goes, he wasn't that different from Bush in foreign policy or in fiscal policy. Like Bush, he got us involved in foreign conflicts and bailed out corporations.

Millennials and Generation Z show no sign of growing more conservative over time like the Boomers did. We must address the age gap.

The GOP has a problem, and it MIGHT be because they haven't had a good President since *checks notes*

In 1992 the first George bush had our nation on the verge of economic collapse.

We were deep in recession. Unemployment over 7%. Jobs couldn't be found. Layoffs were the norm. Companies were going bankrupt and closing all over the nation. It was the first time I ever saw a whole shopping mall closed down and abandoned.

Where were you in 1992?

The Clinton campaign slogan that year was IT'S THE ECONOMY STUPID!

There has not been a good republican president since Theodore Roosevelt.

Eisenhower was tolerable.

The rest were total failures.

Millennials and Generation Z show no sign of growing more conservative over time like the Boomers did. We must address the age gap.

The GOP has a problem, and it MIGHT be because they haven't had a good President since *checks notes*

We were deep in recession. Unemployment over 7%. Jobs couldn't be found. Layoffs were the norm. Companies were going bankrupt and closing all over the nation. It was the first time I ever saw a whole shopping mall closed down and abandoned.

Where were you in 1992?

Coolidge was better than any Democratic president and better than any other Republican as well.

Not all of us "boomers" are "conservative." It's difficult to tell what "conservatism" actually is. What they seem to want to conserve are bigotry and vices, served with a heaping helping of trash "religion." Kudos for not buying into it.

Thank you.

I'm a boomer and I have never in my life been a conservative.

I have been a liberal all my life and am very proud of it.

I have voted a variety of parties through the decades, I'm a registered Independent but I've never voted for a conservative.

Their economic, international and social policies are repulsive and the most irresponsible in our nation.

That’s not a GOP problem. It’s a you problem. When there is no one left to defend you from your stupid ideas you’re the one that’s fucked.

You will be the one paying for healthcare for illegals, free college, reparations, a UBI, inflation due to that spending and trying to live on what little you have left. And trying to hang on to what you do have with no police force.

Based on your posts I’m guessing you’re about 16. Luckily for you getting everything you want can’t happen for a few years. Maybe you will wise up. If not your celebration of this new utopia will be short lived. A decade or less. And that’s if you’re right and everyone your age across the country falls in line. If they don’t it won’t be a decade before you’re in a civil war.

The absolute worst thing that could ever happen to you and your kind is getting everything you want. It would be a miserable existence.

Where were you in 1992?

The GOP is the party of failure.

Across all metrics Dem presidents have outperformed GOP in jobs, GDP growth, stock market for 100+ years.

Every single GOP president has had at least 1 recesion for about 100 yrs.

11 of the last 12 recesions... GOP presidents.

GOP voters are brainwashed sheep, too stupid to understand economics or policy. These gullible fools will believe any snappy focus group tested one liner they are fed.

"Drain the swamp !"

Just tell a republican what they want to hear, and they roll over and do whatever they are told. All these dumb fucks supported the War in Iraq, every single one of them... Now they all act like they never did.

The GOP is a total disgrace.

Where were you in 1992?

Across all metrics Dem presidents have outperformed GOP in jobs, GDP growth, stock market for 100+ years.

GOP voters are brainwashed sheep, too stupid to understand economics or policy. These gullible fools will believe any snappy focus group tested one liner they are fed.

"Drain the swamp !"

Just tell a republican what they want to hear, and they roll over and do whatever they are told. All these dumb fucks supported the War in Iraq, every single one of them... Now they all act like they never did.

If the president completely controlled the economy, that would be an understandable assumption. Congress has influence over the economy as well, and it often has an opposing majority party to the president in one or both Houses. Clinton is a good example.

Even so, the feds overall have a limited influence on the economy. They can increase or decrease regulations, which can affect the economy's performance, but ultimately, a lot of what directs the economy is outside of the government's control. The Federal Reserve also plays a part, but they are quasi-governmental.

Gullibility is actually thinking that the government has the power to control the economy.

Where were you in 1992?

"Drain the swamp !"

Cat-XL.jpg

The GOP Has a Problem: My Generation Isn't Conservative
We've addressed this in other threads. As the smart white voters die off, our country could be in real trouble if they are replaced by non-white and non-Christian voters. This is why we need the border wall.

Liberal and conservative are relative. My social views haven't dramatically changed since I was in my early 20s. I have grown more conservative on a few key issues, but the majority of the reason why I'm considered conservative is because society has shifted so far to the left. I was still liberal by 90s standards.

So, even if Millennials don't appear to be getting more conservative, they will effectively be more conservative if they keep the same views over time as society shifts leftward.

In short, the only way you can remain liberal for your entire life is to continuously shift leftward in your views. Some people do that, but not many.

That is very profound and insightful.

The difference between Bush and Obama were miniscule.

Much of the younger generation today is more conservative than their parents were at the same age. The greatest hope lies in the fact that more young people see through all the obvious, bullshit, used car salesman propaganda generated by vested interests on both sides.

Forum List

Back