The GOP Enveloped By Campaign Calendar Sanity

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
Townhall.com The GOP Enveloped By Campaign Calendar Sanity - Hugh Hewitt - Page 1 | January 26, 2014 | Hugh Hewitt [warning w/annoying popups]

Posted on Sunday, January 26, 2014 5:28:08 AM by Kaslin

This week past, the Republican National Committee, ably led by its chairman, Wisconsin's Reince Priebus, put into effect reforms of the presidential nominating process that greatly simplify and shorten the primary season and, when combined with the two others reforms that are coming --an early convention in June or early July, and a coherent, purpose-driven debate system and schedule--will greatly enhance the prospects for a November win by the eventual GOP nominee.

Thank God. I couldn't go through another cluster F like the last one!

I agree whole heartedly. The new calendar will defenestrate the opportunity of far right candidates to make any type of charge. The mainstream GOP leadership, which has the overwhelming amount of money in comparison to TPM types, had made sure that the candidate will not have to sacrifice his values on the altar of TP conformity. Sanity at last.

Yeah, right.

It's the George W Bush /GOP policies that America hates.

No matter what schedule of primaries the GOP sets, they always pick someone that conservatives find too moderate. This new setup won't change that at all.

Actually, yes, it will. The RNC just gutted the far right.

Although I seriously doubt that the RNC gutted anyone, dismissing the right means simply that the Democrat will win again. If the Republican leadership has not learned that lesson, the party is doomed to the dustbin of history.

There is little doubt that the GOP needs moderates, hispanics and women to win, there is also little doubt that it cannot win any office without the strong support of its conservative base. That base is getting fed up with the Republican national establishment.

Democrat light versus Democrat does nothing beyond altering the timetable for the destruction of the American experiment.

Forum List

Back