The Good the Bad and the Ugly 50 years later.

50 years on, and still my favourite Western of all time, still one of the best soundtracks ever, BLONDIE!!!! YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE?!

Well, I did some reviewing and YUP .. "The Good, The Bad and The Ugly" is it...

Google << best westerns ever .. maybe

Last edited:
Great movie. The sound track by Ennio Morricone is epic. The portrayal of the US Civil War is also very well done in this movie compared to other films.

Eli Wallach's best performance by far I think.

Great movie. The sound track by Ennio Morricone is epic. The portrayal of the US Civil War is also very well done in this movie compared to other films.

Eli Wallach's best performance by far I think.

Eli did an excellent job, but I liked his dying scene in the Magnificent Seven

Big Country.
I've been to Canyon de Shelly where they filmed McKenna's Gold.
It's a place not to take your kids. Nothing was under a 600 foot drop.
The tribes control who gets to go to the bottom.
Can't go there w/o a native american guide.

Holy toledo! I usually never check alerts but I'm glad I did today. You have two of my favorite leading men in one movie. The scenery was breathtaking. I don't know how they manage to film it.

Wow.

Big Country.

So you're a Gregory Peck fan.. :popcorn:

Absolutely. Oh when his character McKay breaks the horse and doesn't want to tell anyone about it. Private. Awesome character. But Burl Ives sort of set the tone of my whole life .

It's emblazoned on my soul. Good guys vs bad guys. I like to think of myself wearing the white hat. Oh shit. That makes me a racist I suppose.

:lmao:

Rufus Hannassey: Take it easy, boy. I've got me somethin' to say: it's about thirty years overdue.

This is a mighty fine house, Major Terrill: a gentleman's house. Those are mighty fine clothes your wearin'. Well, maybe you've got some of these folks fooled, but you ain't got me fooled, not by a damn sight! The Hannassey's know and admire a real gentleman when they see one, and they recognize a high tone skunk when they smell one.

Now, I'm not here complainin' about twenty of your brave men who beat three of my boys 'til they couldn't stand. Maybe they had it comin'. Anyways, they're full growed and can take their lickin's. And I'm not here complainin' because I know that you're tryin' to buy the Big Muddy to keep my cows from water.

Though it galls me sore to see the granddaughter of a genuine gentleman like Glenn Maragon under this roof. I'll tell you why I'm here, Major Terrill!

When you come a-ridin' roughshod over my land scarin' the kids and the women folks, when you invade my home, like you was the law or God Almighty, then I say to you, I've seen every kind of critter God ever made, and I ain't never seen a meaner, lower, more stinkin', yellow, hyprocrite than you!

Now you can swallow up a lot of folks and make 'em like it, but you ain't swallowin' me.

I'm stuck in your craw, Henry Terrill, and you can't spit me out! You hear me now! You rode into my place and beat my men for the last time and I give you warnin'.

You set foot in Blanco Canyon once more and this country's gonna run red with blood 'til there ain't one of us left! Now I don't hold mine so precious, so if you want to start, here, start now! What's the matter? Can't you shoot a man a-facin' ya?

I'll make it easy fer ya. Here's my back. "

That's what you call balls.

The Big Country (1958) - Quotes - IMDb

Forum List

Back