The George W. Bush WH lost 22 Million Emails

Penelope

Diamond Member
Jul 15, 2014
The George W. Bush White House ā€˜Lostā€™ 22 Million Emails

By Nina Burleigh On 9/12/16 at 7:31 AM

For 18 months, Republican strategists, political pundits, reporters and Americans who follow them have been pursuing Hillary Clintonā€™s personal email habits, and no evidence of a crime has been found. But now they at least have the skills and interest to focus on a much larger and deeper email conspiracy, one involving war, lies, a private server run by the Republican Party and contempt of Congress citationsā€”all of it still unsolved and unpunished.

Clintonā€™s email habits look positively transparent when compared with the subpoena-dodging, email-hiding, private-server-using George W. Bush administration. Between 2003 and 2009, the Bush White House ā€œlostā€ 22 million emails. This correspondence included millions of emails written during the darkest period in Americaā€™s recent history, when the Bush administration was ginning up support for what turned out to be a disastrous war in Iraq with false claims that the country possessed weapons of mass destruction (WMD), and, later, when it was firing U.S. attorneys for political reasons

Like Clinton, the Bush White House used a private email serverā€”its was owned by the Republican National Committee. And the Bush administration failed to store its emails, as required by law, and then refused to comply with a congressional subpoena seeking some of those emails. ā€œItā€™s about as amazing a double standard as you can get,ā€ says Eric Boehlert, who works with the pro-Clinton group Media Matters. ā€œIf you look at the Bush emails, he was a sitting president, and 95 percent of his chief advisersā€™ emails were on a private email system set up by the RNC. Imagine if for the last year and a half we had been talking about Hillary Clintonā€™s emails set up on a private DNC server?ā€

George W. Bush's White House "lost" 22 million emails

Yet we never hear a word about this.

Let me shut this down real quick. It is a lie. They were archived, mislabeled, never deleted, never destroyed, etc., etc., available for your perusal.
22 Million E-Mails Missing From Bush White House Found
The discovery was announced Monday by the National Security Archive and Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington, or CREW, which filed lawsuits against the Executive Office of the President, or EOP, over the e-mails in 2007...

The newly discovered e-mails were apparently mislabeledand were recently uncovered by contractors hired by the White House. The e-mails will eventually be made available to the public, after they are archived through the National Archives and Records Administration.

For 18 months, Republican strategists, political pundits, reporters and Americans who follow them have been pursuing Hillary Clintonā€™s personal email habits, and no evidence of a crime has been found. But now they at least have the skills and interest to focus on a much larger and deeper email conspiracy, one involving war, lies, a private server run by the Republican Party and contempt of Congress citationsā€”all of it still unsolved and unpunished.

Clintonā€™s email habits look positively transparent when compared with the subpoena-dodging, email-hiding, private-server-using George W. Bush administration. Between 2003 and 2009, the Bush White House ā€œlostā€ 22 million emails. This correspondence included millions of emails written during the darkest period in Americaā€™s recent history, when the Bush administration was ginning up support for what turned out to be a disastrous war in Iraq with false claims that the country possessed weapons of mass destruction (WMD), and, later, when it was firing U.S. attorneys for political reasons

Like Clinton, the Bush White House used a private email serverā€”its was owned by the Republican National Committee. And the Bush administration failed to store its emails, as required by law, and then refused to comply with a congressional subpoena seeking some of those emails. ā€œItā€™s about as amazing a double standard as you can get,ā€ says Eric Boehlert, who works with the pro-Clinton group Media Matters. ā€œIf you look at the Bush emails, he was a sitting president, and 95 percent of his chief advisersā€™ emails were on a private email system set up by the RNC. Imagine if for the last year and a half we had been talking about Hillary Clintonā€™s emails set up on a private DNC server?ā€

Smear job on Clinton from the GOP:

ABC News detailed a final State Department investigation which concluded that past secretaries of state, including Colin Powell and Condoleezza Rice's immediate staff, "handled classified material on unclassified email systems." The findings come as the FBI investigates a private email server used by Hillary Clinton during her time as secretary of state.

For months, conservative media figures have attacked Clinton, baselessly accusing her of wrongdoing for receiving State Department emails on her private email account while secretary of state. On February 4, reports emerged that Colin Powell and aides to Condoleezza Rice also used private email accounts when they served under former President George W. Bush, and some of their emails similarly contained information that was retroactively classified.

The March 4 ABC News article reported that "a final memorandum" issued by "[t]he State Department's internal investigation arm" found that former secretaries of state "handled classified material on unclassified email systems." The State Department found that emails handled on private email accounts associated with Colin Powell and Condoleezza Rice contain "information classified at the Secret or Confidential levels.'" Former Secretary Powell responded that those identified emails were not marked "'Confidential at the time and they were sent as unclassified,'" seemingly underscoring Secretary Clinton's defense that "the State Department is classifying documents too aggressively" (emphasis added):

The State Department's internal investigation arm issued a final memorandum today on the email practices of past and current secretaries of state, and it said definitively that past secretaries handled classified material on unclassified email systems.

The same claims were made in an early February memo when the State Department's inspector general first announced it was conducting a records review related to the email accounts of five secretaries of state -- Madeline Albright, Colin Powell, Condoleezza Rice, Hillary Clinton and John Kerry -- and their immediate staff.

After closely examining a number of potentially sensitive emails with help from State Department and Intelligence Community officials, the State Department's inspector general concluded that 12 emails contain "national security information classified at the Secret or Confidential levels." Additionally, it was determined none of the emails contained intelligence information, meaning it was classified for other reasons.

The emails in question, as the inspector general has previously stated, came from Secretary Powell's personal email account and personal email accounts of Secretary Rice's immediate staff.

In a recent statements to ABC News, Powell disputed the claims.

State Dept. Concludes Past Secretaries Of State "Definitively" Handled Classified Information On Private Email

Let me shut this down real quick. It is a lie. They were archived, mislabeled, never deleted, never destroyed, etc., etc., available for your perusal.
The discovery was announced Monday by the National Security Archive and Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington, or CREW, which filed lawsuits against the Executive Office of the President, or EOP, over the e-mails in 2007...

The newly discovered e-mails were apparently mislabeledand were recently uncovered by contractors hired by the White House. The e-mails will eventually be made available to the public, after they are archived through the National Archives and Records Administration.

"mislabeled" huh. :lol:

Yeah I "mislabel" emails alla time....

And once again--- LEARN HOW TO USE THE QUOTE FEATURE AND QUIT FUCKING UP THE POSTS.

You display a clear double standard.

Know what I hate? When I "mislabel" my keys and I've locked the house door and I have to go to the secret label and get the extra key. Eight years later of course.

Or when I left my car in a Yuge parking lot and can't find the "label" where I left it.

That reminds me, I have to take my trash to the Mislabeling Center....

hjmick, neither is bill running for office. stfu. :lol:
You clowns are pathetic. As soon as your whore gets in, which she won't, you don't think Billy boy will be neck deep in it again? Nooooo....of course you don't.

This isn't going to help Cankles in her current mess. BBbbbuuuutttt BOOOOOOOOOSH never works

I know how to use the quote feature, there are reasons whether you like them or not.
And yes, mislabeled. Nothing nefarious like their own private server off govt grounds.
just chaps your grits, doesn't it?

"mislabeled" huh. :lol:

Yeah I "mislabel" emails alla time....

And once again--- LEARN HOW TO USE THE QUOTE FEATURE AND QUIT FUCKING UP THE POSTS.

I went to your link, but I got MacAfee warnings about the site.

Double standard?? There isn't even a comparison! Your attempt to make it so doesn't make it so.
No email server, private off govt grounds; no deleted emails; no mishandling classified information; no picking what they want to turn over, being handled by those without clearance, etc., etc., etc. Want more?

You display a clear double standard.

I know how to use the quote feature, there are reasons whether you like them or not.

Then DO IT. There's no reason your post have to be more work than everybody else's. Who the fuck are you?

And yes, mislabeled. Nothing nefarious like their own private server off govt grounds.
just chaps your grits, doesn't it?

NOTHING chaps my grits. I make the second-best grits in the world.

I watched a Whirled Series game last night. Unfortunately the Cubs "mislabeled". :rofl:
And to think, all they had to do was "label" the score in reverse :eusa_doh:

If this were actually true the Libs and the media would have harped on it 24/7 years ago... Like they did everything else remotely Bush related.

hjmick, neither is bill running for office. stfu. :lol:
You clowns are pathetic. As soon as your whore gets in, which she won't, you don't think Billy boy will be neck deep in it again? Nooooo....of course you don't.
She will be elected, Ten days and a wake up.
The way you phrase your post I quoted is just EXACTLY the way the convicts in the prison I worked at talk about an upcoming event. Not surprising at all. Where were you incarcerated?

Bush isn't running. Fail.

Forum List

Back