The Genesis Conflict - 101 - The Earth in Time and Space

I don't think you understand what an atheist is.

I also don't think you grasp the concept that disproving science, or failing to do so in your case, in no way proves religion.

I don't think you understand what an atheist is.

I also don't think you grasp the concept that disproving science, or failing to do so in your case, in no way proves religion.

If you will...

Take some time and watch the video, you'd have to block out at least 2 hours.

We'll continue our discussion afterwards.

Peace.

And for the record, because I'm respecter of definitions and being on the same page, when I use "athiests" I mean those of us who do NOT believe in the existence of a God and those who mock those that do and those that attempt to debunk Christianity. I'm not saying that all are like those 3, however those are the characteristics of many of the atheists I'm aware of.

Any of the above is who I'm referring to in this thread.

Any one with a different definition, please describe it and present your case.

A thread especially for athiests on USMB. In this video, the big bang theory of origins and its plausibility are discussed.

101 - The Earth In Time And Space - Amazing Discoveries TV

Presented by a renowned scientist in scientific language. I've watched this video at least 3 times now. Powerful stuff.

I tried watching the video, but the guy was insulting my intelligence before he even got started. The guy is a zoologist, not an astrophysicist.

were you expecting honest discussion from someone with an education actually in the field being discussed? this is religious misinformation we're talking about.

A thread especially for athiests on USMB. In this video, the big bang theory of origins and its plausibility are discussed.

Presented by a renowned scientist in scientific language. I've watched this video at least 3 times now. Powerful stuff.

I tried watching the video, but the guy was insulting my intelligence before he even got started. The guy is a zoologist, not an astrophysicist.

What, exactly, insulted your intelligence.

He's a world renowned scientist and professor. And your credentials are...?

World renowned? What, other than his claim to be one, makes him world renowned?

By the way, if you read his site you will see he is a zoologist. Why should I listen to a zoologist with delusions of grandeur?

By the way, if you read his site you will see he is a zoologist. Why should I listen to a zoologist with delusions of grandeur?

A zoologist who's research field, according to his own website, is nutritional physiology. Clearly someone I want to spend 2 hours listening to his ideas on the big bang.

Seems fairly obvious to me:

BIG BANG = Let there be light.

My conclusion?

Nobody knows.

Uhm hmmm...that's very nice Quantum. Again, he's a world renowned scientist and Professor. And YOUR credential are...?

Last edited:
Uhm hmmm...that's very nice Quantum. Again, he's a world renowned scientist and Professor. And YOUR credential are...?

and yet again, any non-hick would ask: what credentials does a self-proclaimed "world renowned" physiologist have to discuss complex astrophysics concepts?

Perhaps we can go to a world renowned lawyer and ask him to cure cancer? Or maybe we can just watch the show The Big Bang Theory to learn about the concept from their world renowned actors?

This will always come back to religious nuts being clueless when it comes to integrity of intellectual discussion. You see here in the real world, aka reality, people who are educated and trained in a topic are the ones best suited to further study it and then draw appropriate conclusions. Back in your fanatical world called religion, the goal is to get anyone with a PhD, even if it's in a completely unrelated field, and pass them off as knowledgeable. This is at the heart of "religious science."

and yet again, any non-hick would ask: what credentials does a self-proclaimed "world renowned" physiologist have to discuss complex astrophysics concepts?

Perhaps we can go to a world renowned lawyer and ask him to cure cancer? Or maybe we can just watch the show The Big Bang Theory to learn about the concept from their world renowned actors?

This will always come back to religious nuts being clueless when it comes to integrity of intellectual discussion. You see here in the real world, aka reality, people who are educated and trained in a topic are the ones best suited to further study it and then draw appropriate conclusions. Back in your fanatical world called religion, the goal is to get anyone with a PhD, even if it's in a completely unrelated field, and pass them off as knowledgeable. This is at the heart of "religious science."

You might as well be talking gibberish, as you're just repeating and restating the same thing over and over with no backing yourself. What are your credentials Sir?

Have you looked at the evidence the scientist and Professor presented?

A zoologist who's research field, according to his own website, is nutritional physiology. Clearly someone I want to spend 2 hours listening to his ideas on the big bang.

I did not even see that, I was trying to find the part that made him world renowned.

Tell you what, when I start lecturing you on the Big Bang feel free to demand my cv., until then all that matters are his.

Wait a minute hear, I am one of those religious nuts, and I am demanding integrity by insisting that, if you want to mention the guy is a world renowned scientist, you prove that he is world renowned, and point out exactly what his credentials are.

Tell you what, when I start lecturing you on the Big Bang feel free to demand my cv., until then all that matters are his.

That's what I thought.

Have a good one Quantam.

Considering I'm an actual astrophysicist and a cosmologist, I'll watch the movie and give you my opinion in a bit.

But reason does not require credentials.

Reserving opinion until I finish.

Forum List

Back