The future is very bright for the United States

States are upholding the 2nd Amendment...
That's your only standard for a bright future?

Single issue voters are annoying and stupid.
The Second Amendment is the guarantee for the entire Bill of Rights.

As far as I can see you armed the citizens of the USA on reason "America to the Americans and not to the Indians."

The Bill of Rights limits the powers of the government . If you want to live in a free country for the long term the Second Amendment is a very important single issue to protect.

And by the way: I took a look now at this bill of rights and in this context it looks to me the second amendment would guarantee every state of the USA an own army. I guess the current military structure of the USA is illegal in context of this second amendment. I guess they never thought about that the USA on its own has the right to have soldiers.

Last edited:
And by the way: I took a look now at this bill of rights and in this context it looks to me the second amendment would guarantee every state of the USA an own army. I guess the current military structure of the USA is illegal in context of this second amendment.
Well clearly you can’t read and/or you have a signifcant reading comprehension problem - because the 2nd Amendment says no such thing.
A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
It’s one sentence, plain as day, cut & dry. The people have a right to keep and bear arms. Not the military. The people.

And by the way: I took a look now at this bill of rights and in this context it looks to me the second amendment would guarantee every state of the USA an own army. I guess the current military structure of the USA is illegal in context of this second amendment.
Well clearly you can’t read and/or you have a signifcant reading comprehension problem - because the 2nd Amendment says no such thing.

I doubt that you are right. I'm normally very good in sensing what ancient cultures think when they say something. I guess the basic idea of this second amandment is it that every state of the USA has an own army - supported from the own citizens. A similar system exists in Switzerland. Everyone has a gun at home, because he is ready to defend the own country and the neutrality of their multi-ethnic country.

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
It’s one sentence, plain as day, cut & dry. The people have a right to keep and bear arms. Not the military. The people.

You are the US-American. It's your constitution. But I think this law was made once from people who had used muzzle loaders. In average 1 shot per minute. Every 7th shot was a malfunction. After 25 shots they needed a new flint and after 60 shots the rifle was not able to be used any longer because of the massive dirt and had to be cleaned first.
An AR-15 today fires about 700-1000 shots within a minute. This is comparable with an army of about 500 men in the time of history when this amandment was made.

Last edited:
You and zaangalewa are both right.
The federal military is supposed to come from the state militia, which is supposed to come from the municipal posses, which come from each home owner being armed.
You can tell because like in the Civil War, each division came from different states, wore different uniform, and used different firearms.
The founders did not trust or want any paid professional mercenaries.

Which is what we have screwed up.
Instead of relying on armed citizen soldiers, we have a paid professional, mercenary military, National Guard, and police.
That is a formula for police state, dictatorship.

I doubt that you are right. I'm normally very good in sensing what ancient cultures think when they say something. I guess the basic idea of this second amandment is it that every state of the USA has an own army - supported from the own citizens. A similar system exists in Switzerland. Everyone has a gun at home, because he is ready to defend the own country and the neutrality of their multi-ethnic country.

You are the US-American. It's your constitution. But I think this law was made once from people who had used muzzle loaders. In average 1 shot per minute. Every 7th shot was a malfunction. After 25 shots they needed a new flint and after 60 shots the rifle was not able to be used any longer because of the massive dirt and had to be cleaned first.
An AR-15 today fires about 700-1000 shots within a minute. This is comparable with an army of about 500 men in the time of history when this amandment was made.

To make fire effective, the rate has to be much lower than that. and I do not believe that rate of random fire is even possible/
{... According to the Bushmaster AR-15 manual, the firearm has a maximum effective rate of 45 rounds per minute — ...}

But that does not matter, because although the firearms are much deadlier now than in the days of the founders, the enemy, whether drug gang, thief, invader, etc., also has that rate of fire. Like the Korean grocers defending their stores in the LA riots. Now every had to keep up with the standard.

R852e2866763701bb0656b00accb07126

Instead of relying on armed citizen soldiers, we have a paid professional, mercenary military, National Guard, and police.
Well the US Constitution does authorize the federal government to tax for a standing military.

And let’s be honest, a “citizen army” simply cannot defend the United States in the 21st century. Some objectives require highly trained, highly specialized, elite special forces such as Navy Seals and Delta Force.
True. Which is what makes upholding the 2nd Amendment (as written) more important than ever.

Well the US Constitution does authorize the federal government to tax for a standing military.

And let’s be honest, a “citizen army” simply cannot defend the United States in the 21st century. Some objectives require highly trained, highly specialized, elite special forces such as Navy Seals and Delta Force.
True. Which is what makes upholding the 2nd Amendment (as written) more important than ever.

Do we need something like Navy Seals and Delta Force, to defend?
Seems to me they are for assassinations and other offensive actions we probably should not be doing?
Any athlete could be trained in weapons use on weekends and be just as good.
No one should be professional at harming other people.

To make fire effective, the rate has to be much lower than that. and I do not believe that rate of random fire is even possible/
{... According to the Bushmaster AR-15 manual, the firearm has a maximum effective rate of 45 rounds per minute — ...}

But that does not matter, because although the firearms are much deadlier now than in the days of the founders, the enemy, whether drug gang, thief, invader, etc., also has that rate of fire. Like the Korean grocers defending their stores in the LA riots. Now every had to keep up with the standard.

R852e2866763701bb0656b00accb07126

I guess you underestimate that it exists not only a new quantity. It exists also a new quality meanwhile. I remember for example that someone started to shoot in a public event where three police cars and six policmen were around. Although all of this policemen reacted very fast and in the very best of all possible ways 4 people had to die before the policemen were able to stop this single psychopath.

Do we need something like Navy Seals and Delta Force, to defend?
Absolutely. They weren’t created for fun. The era of the “World War” is over. You’ll never see another battlefield with trenches and tanks again. Today’s conflicts are small, urban, and specialized.
Seems to me they are for assassinations and other offensive actions we probably should not be doing?
Well then you have a complete and total misunderstanding of what they do. Very few of their operations are “offensive”. Most of their operations are things like reconnaissance, intelligence, sabotaging enemy weapons/radar systems, hostage rescue, etc.

I’d venture to say that no more than 10% of their missions are targeting an HVT for elimination.
Any athlete could be trained in weapons use on weekends and be just as good.
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: That literally may be the most ignorant statement ever made on USMB. I was a former athlete on a very high level, and I have extensive firearms training. And I’m nowhere near the stratosphere of a special forces operator. You simply have no idea what you’re talking about here.
No one should be professional at harming other people.
Why? Says who? Where is that written? That may be the second most ignorant statement ever made on USMB. There are evil people in the world that must be eliminated. Osama Bin Laden had to be eliminated. Adolf Hitler had to be eliminated.

You immature, idealistic, kumbaya nonsense just doesn’t apply to the real world.

President Trump’s courts are properly upholding the US Constitution…

Forum List

Back