The Fountain

Mr.Conley

Jan 20, 2006
New Orleans, LA/Cambridge, MA
This movie hits wide release tomorrow, and in my opinion looks AMAZING. The director, Darren Aronofsky, is excellent. You've hopefully heard of Pi and Requiem for a Dream. He directed both. I highly recommend this movie to everyone.

Yeah, I'm really looking forward to this one. Aronofsky's a great director, and the story and trailer for this look amazing. Even though I rarely watch it because it's so depressing, Requiem For a Dream is definitely one of the best movies of the 2000s, so far.

Same. I love Requiem, but it's just so depressing I rarely watch it. That being said, Requiem was definitely one of the top movies I've ever seen.

Here's a link to The Fountain trailor:
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_IP_Rjx4wVY[/ame]

Pi, huh? That was a rather interesting movie, but it was quite distur...THERE'S NO PATTERN IN PI, YOU IDIOTS!!!! *cough* Just had to get that off my chest. Oh, and while we're at it, only the simplist of human behaviors can be mathematically predicted using existing technology, and the stock market is quite complex. It's chaos theory. There's a method to it somewhere, but it's too complex to calculate.

Ok, rant over. Pi was interesting. Never seen Requiem for a Dream, but I like the main theme.

Ok, rant over. Pi was interesting. Never seen Requiem for a Dream, but I like the main theme.

Definitely watch Requiem if you get a chance, it's much better than Pi. Make sure you get the Unrated (or it may be NC-17, I can't remember) director's cut. And be warned that it is a very, very dark movie.

Mr. Conley, there's a really good interview with Aronofsky on The Onion AV Club. Here's the link.

Also, no CGI, that's very cool, especially considering how trippy the future portions of the film are supposed to be.

Hobbit said:
Pi, huh? That was a rather interesting movie, but it was quite distur...THERE'S NO PATTERN IN PI, YOU IDIOTS!!!! *cough* Just had to get that off my chest. Oh, and while we're at it, only the simplist of human behaviors can be mathematically predicted using existing technology, and the stock market is quite complex. It's chaos theory. There's a method to it somewhere, but it's too complex to calculate.

Obviously, but since when has Hollywood ever attempted to accurately portray science? It's an excellent movie though, especially since he made in on something like $60,000 total.

Forum List

Back