The food you would like to eat but it is not available in your country?

Dalia

Diamond Member
Sep 19, 2016
France
Hello, I’m starting this thread and I hope that will be successful LOL and as the thread title says: Tell us this food you regret after a trip or other.

I wish I could eat some Saint Hubert BBQ . Miam, Miam

1600272998356.png

1600272965616.png

When I was in Ice Land once they had these hot dogs they sold in a little takeout place, they were half lamb and half beef but boiled in beer and served with some kind of apple mustard with crunchy fried onions on top. I typically hate hot dogs of any sort but those things were damn good.

I saw this advertised on Instagram, and immediately thought it was something I would very much like to try. I posted a comment asking if there was any hope that it'd be available in the U.S., and was told that it will only be available in Australia and New Zealand.

media

just about everything is available here.....so i dont know...
Okay, it’s not like that in France, there are a lot of different kinds of restaurants but not a lot of North America.
i used to deliver mail to a complex that had quite a few foreigners living there.....when i would ask them what is one of the things they liked about living here....just about all said the variety of food that is here....a lady from the UK said her kids love the variety of cereals here,she said they could not get cereals like Captain Crunch over there...

just about everything is available here.....so i dont know...

I had this Langoustine(some special type of lobster) soup in IceLand as well. caught right there fresh and some of those on the side. I've never tried any lobster in the states that ever came close to that. That was the best I ever tasted, seemed very different. It came with tourist prices though... but still was probably worth it for just one time.

When I was in Ice Land once they had these hot dogs they sold in a little takeout place, they were half lamb and half beef but boiled in beer and served with some kind of apple mustard with crunchy fried onions on top. I typically hate hot dogs of any sort but those things were damn good.
That’s what we’ve been tasting something we really loved and we don’t have the recipe either. and without the recipe or return to the place it is impossible to relish the food
Here another thing that is different are the cones.
Dairy Queen doesn’t exist and it looks so delicious

1600274025586.png

I would like to try some bread from the small towns of Sicily where they still harvest the grain, Mill it and bake it all in the same day or two.They use types of wheat that are not available anywhere else and still use the old processes. Friends that have been there have told me that eating any other type of bread is like eating a cardboard box in comparison.

I miss the canned macaroni and cheese that was made by the Franco American company.

The Franco American brand was retired some years ago. I happened to work at a Campbell Soup factory at the time when they switched nearly all of the classic Franco American products over the the Campbell name, leaving a few gravy products, and a few small cans of products that I think were meant for vending machines, including probably the very same macaroni and cheese product that you're talking about. By the time my factory shut down,in 2013, I think the Franco American brand was completely out of use, all the remaining Franco American products either having been discontinued or else switched to the Campbell's brand.

Good green beans.
Most Americans have no idea there are 100s of varieties of green beans with different flavors.
Ever since the 70s when corporate canneries took over ... all we see is the "standard" green bean. Which is sooo not as good as other varieties. :(

Most I can sort of replicate here. Like Sicilian Ceviche with Italian bread and OVO. However there were many dishes I had in Japan I can't, or haven't. I was a big fan of "yose nabe" fish soup. I make it, but never the same.

Most I can sort of replicate here. Like Sicilian Ceviche with Italian bread and OVO. However there were many dishes I had in Japan I can't, or haven't. I was a big fan of "yose nabe" fish soup. I make it, but never the same.
You will never make broths like Asians do.
They take their broths deadly serious. You have cooks who literally will train for several years making nothing but broth. Anyone can cook a rice noodle, or steam rice...stir fry... but perfecting a glorious broth takes years.

Forum List

Back