The Flag of Treason

don't destroy them, but because they are part of american history - take the damn things down & put them in museums.

they don't need to be 'honored' for being the traitors that they were.

They were forgiven for being traitors by the very people that fought them.

Why do you assume your view outweighs the people that bled to fight them?

sure sure. like benedict arnold was ' forgiven '. the only 'forgiving' should be done by the ancesters of people they fought to own.

& the south ain't gonna rise again, so get over it.

there is no honor in fighting for the right to own people.

Actually he wasn't forgiven by his contemporaries.

And you are going back to standard progspeak instead of directly responding to my statement.

the civil war was about treason & slavery.

there is nothing to honor regarding that action nor the ideology behind it. to have them out in public to be adorned is pathetic. put them in museums, so those that are still on the wrong side of history can have their circlejerks for the price of admission. i think i've answered yer question.
The Civil War was
The South was right.
The South fought for human slavery then.
The Confederate Flag you so proudly wave today ... is in fact a symbol of hate and an inspiration for racist terrorists....

“On Wednesday evening, a 21-year-old white South Carolina man murdered 9 black people at the Mother Emanuel AME Church in Charleston, South Carolina. This was an act of violence reminiscent of the September 15, 1963 bombing of the 16th Street Baptist Church. For generations, the confederate flag has represented the terror and violence perpetrated on Black communities....”

Take down the confederate flag from the South Carolina Capitol

Every day in Chicago Blacks kill Blacks just like they do in every other Democrat controlled big city shithole and I never hear you stupid Moon Bats bitch about it.

You are confused about the Civil War. You must only have a Jr High School history text knoweldge of the war, which would explain your ingnorance.

Let me suggest something to educate you.

My Great, Great, Grandfather fought in the Civil War for the Confederacy in the 9th Florida Regiment.

During the time he wrote almost 200 letters describing his participation. We have donated those letters to the University of Florida and they are in the archives in the library.

Go read those letters if you really want to know why men like him fought. He says it very clearly in the letters. It was because the Yankee filth was coming to kill Americans and destroy American homes. It wasn't to protect slavery. At that time there were very few slaves in Central Florida and he did not own any. He was a Libertarian that just wanted to be left alone and the Union filth was trying to destroy his freedom.

He fought in the Battle of Olustee where the shithead Union Army was sent to Florida to kill and destroy.

Don't be ignorant. It just makes you look foolish when you post ignorant shit.

Before I read any letters, you should read the Cornerstone Speech, delivered by the Vice-President of the Confederate states of America.

Yes, the Union soldiers came in to return the southern states to the Union. I, personally, am very happy they did. I am a patriotic American.

You are confused, aren't you?

The Confederate soldier didn't fight for rich people to maintain slaves. They fought to keep the Union filth from killing and destroying. That is what is in my Grandfather's letters and the chronicles of many other Confederate soldiers.

I bet that your Jr High text didn't even mention that one third of the Confederate States first voted not to secede but changed their minds when that piece of shit Lincoln said he was going to raise an army to kill Americans.

Lincoln raised his regiments of hate to kill Americans.

Davis raised his regiments of patriots to defend against destruction.
What were Union soldiers fighting for?
The hundreds of thousands of black Union soldiers, the runaway slaves, most white Union soldiers by the end of the war, like Abraham Lincoln and the Republican Party leadership, all became determined to end slavery once and for all. They learned, the hard way, what most only suspected before — that until human slavery was destroyed root and branch there would be no peace and no Union.

After the bloody rebellion and all the killing and dying, NOT to have passed the constitutional amendments legally abolishing slavery and granting citizenship rights to African Americans would have been an unthinkable betrayal of America’s future and the ideals of its original Declaration of Independence.
It was OK for the Union to still have slavery. You didnt know that? Union States still had slavery at the time of the Civil War.

Of course I knew that. 4 states that did not secede allowed slavery. In fact, if you had been paying attention you would have seen I addressed that earlier. Or do you just post without reading replies?
Wrong. More than 4 Union States had slavery during the Civil War.

You are confused. Your Jr High text book didn't cover everything, did it?

All of the Southern States had legal slavery, just like the rest of the United States. Slavery was absolutely legal in the United States.

When South Carolina seceded so did several other states like my beloved Florida a few months later.

However, four states (Virginia, North Carolina, Arkansas and Tennessee) Legislatures first voted to not secede but then changed their minds when that asshole Lincoln declared that he was going to raise an army of 75,000 to kill Americans.

Like I said; Lincoln raised his regiments to kill Americans and Davis raised his regiment to defend against the killing.
Only Congress can call for troops. Lincoln trashed the Constitution on that one. But he trashed the Constitution many more times than that.
Define Tyrant.

The really despicable thing that Lincoln did was break the truce at Ft Sumter.

President Buchanan had established an informal but yet effective truce in the secession states regarding Federal facilities. He knew that could be something that could spark hostilities.

The arrangement at Ft Sumter was the Feds could maintain control of the fort but they couldn't fortify it. Supplies were to bought locally. The troops that guarded the fort were not to be harassed. In fact they all lived off post and some were married to Southern women.

One of the first things that asshole Lincoln did after taking office was to break that truce by sending a supply ship to Ft Sumter. He did it without approval from his cabinet or anybody.

He did it to provoke hostilities.

Lincoln started the goddamn war.

Of course Ft Sumter has always been a fake news story. The real war started when that asshole Lincoln his filthy army of thugs across the Potomac River river to kill Americans.
Once again for the mentally handicapped...

Nothing in the Constitution prohibited the secession of States.
The 10th Amendment says anything not covered by the Constitution is left up to the States.
The Confederate States voted to secede from the Union. The best lawyers the US had could not ever win a treason case against Confederate leaders.
No one tried to take the southern leaders to Court the President pardoned them all.
Gen Robert E Lee was indicted for treason. President Jefferson Davis was arrested and jailed for treason. Admiral Raphael Semmes was arrested and jailed for treason and piracy. None of them could be found guilty since secession was legal.
The President pardoned them all.

South Carolina gave the Union occupiers of Fort Sumter every opportunity to leave and even take their weapons with them. This property was now the sovereign property of SC. When Lincoln sent ships to re supply the Fort it was an act of treachery and an act of war.
It was always US Property.
S Carolina offered no agreeable compensation for seizing US property
You're wrong two times in one post. It wasn't U.S. property until SC gave it to the federal government. The Confederate states offered to compensate the federal government for all the property it owned in the South, even though the federal government never paid a dime for any of it.

Everything you post on this subject is 100% wrong.
US taxpayers built the fort
Why should S Carolina take it without justly compensating the taxpayers?

That is one of the faults with secession. The Constitution says nothing about seceding from the Union at will. Issues like federal property, joint debt, military assets needed to be addressed.
I agree. They can be done so peacefully.

It certainly can't be done peacefully when both sides want a war.

The Confederate Flag is a flag that says.....We HATE America

View attachment 357434

Always has been

Except that's not the Confederate flag.

Pssst.... STILL WAITING for you to address Rick Wilson's cooler.
Yea, yea

Confederate Battle Flag

It is now the symbol of the confederacy and a symbol of racism

You don't get to decide that. I consider it a symbol of harmless regional pride and you to be a race baiting asshole.
Of course I do

Your flag is a symbol of hatred of the United States or a symbol of hatred of blacks

Nope. It's a harmless symbol of regional pride and you are a faggot.

OK Regional pride in what?

That they hated the US so much that they fought against us
That they used to own slaves?

The culture. THe history. The brave fight against great odds. Ect.

What part of this is confusing to you?

THat is a rhetorical question. I know you are just a race baiting troll asshole who is just here to be an asshole and troll.

It's not confusing in any way. In fact, it couldn't be more clear.

The culture of white supremacy.
The history of brutal slavery.
The brave fight to preserve their racial supremacy and expand brutal slavery to further their economic windfall from it.

Either you are confused or sympathetic.

You don't get to define what other people care about. You do get to try and reveal yourself to be a dishonest asshole.
don't get to define what other people care about. You do get to try and reveal yourself to be a dishonest asshole.
I'm not defining anything. That's what the confederacy said they were all sbout.
Sorry if you believed otherwise. Rubes seem to abound in the south.

The government is not the nation. The policies of the government are not the nation. Trump runs this country. Yet, Hollywood is a very different and distinct community and culture within it.

A future statue could celebrate this time period's Hollywood and not be a celebration of our government or Trump's policies.

This is a simple point. YOur pretense that you are too stupid to understand it, is not credible.

Why are you working so hard to pretend to be so stupid?

Because it gives you an excuse for your bullying behavior.
This is a simple point. YOur pretense that you are too stupid to understand it, is not credible
Not my pretense. The clearly stated reasons the confederacy gave for their actions, dope.

Why would you choose to venerate the men who exploited the average white southern farmer to fight their war without telling them why?
Sounds like they were treated no better than negros.

Their service to their States is worthy of respect and commemoration. The politics of their leaders is not relevant in that context.

Is this a monument to WWII vets or a tribute to FDRs New Deal?

View attachment 358696

Your pretense of being too stupid to understand this is not credible.

You are just rationalizing your bullying behavior.

"Most of the people who were involved in erecting the monuments were not necessarily erecting a monument to the past," said Jane Dailey, an associate professor of history at the University of Chicago."But were rather, erecting them toward a white supremacist future."

The most recent comprehensive study of Confederate statues and monuments across the country was published by the Southern Poverty Law Center last year. A look at this chart shows huge spikes in construction twice during the 20th century: in the early 1900s, and then again in the 1950s and 60s. Both were times of extreme civil rights tension."

The Southern Poverty Law Center is a lefty organization that is not objective or credible.
Its an NPR article.
NPR is trustworthy and least biased.
the only thing SPLC provided there is a chart of when statues were built.
WTF is NPR?
Some "historians" lie.

View attachment 357434

Always has been

Yea, yea

Confederate Battle Flag

You don't get to decide that. I consider it a symbol of harmless regional pride and you to be a race baiting asshole.
Of course I do

Your flag is a symbol of hatred of the United States or a symbol of hatred of blacks

THat is a rhetorical question. I know you are just a race baiting troll asshole who is just here to be an asshole and troll.

The brave fight to preserve their racial supremacy and expand brutal slavery to further their economic windfall from it.

You don't get to define what other people care about. You do get to try and reveal yourself to be a dishonest asshole.
don't get to define what other people care about. You do get to try and reveal yourself to be a dishonest asshole.
I'm not defining anything. That's what the confederacy said they were all sbout.

The government is not the nation. The policies of the government are not the nation. Trump runs this country. Yet, Hollywood is a very different and distinct community and culture within it.

A future statue could celebrate this time period's Hollywood and not be a celebration of our government or Trump's policies.

This is a simple point. YOur pretense that you are too stupid to understand it, is not credible.

This is a simple point. YOur pretense that you are too stupid to understand it, is not credible
Not my pretense. The clearly stated reasons the confederacy gave for their actions, dope.

Why would you choose to venerate the men who exploited the average white southern farmer to fight their war without telling them why?

Their service to their States is worthy of respect and commemoration. The politics of their leaders is not relevant in that context.

Is this a monument to WWII vets or a tribute to FDRs New Deal?

View attachment 358696

Your pretense of being too stupid to understand this is not credible.

You are just rationalizing your bullying behavior.

"Most of the people who were involved in erecting the monuments were not necessarily erecting a monument to the past," said Jane Dailey, an associate professor of history at the University of Chicago."But were rather, erecting them toward a white supremacist future."

The most recent comprehensive study of Confederate statues and monuments across the country was published by the Southern Poverty Law Center last year. A look at this chart shows huge spikes in construction twice during the 20th century: in the early 1900s, and then again in the 1950s and 60s. Both were times of extreme civil rights tension."

The Southern Poverty Law Center is a lefty organization that is not objective or credible.
Its an NPR article.
NPR is trustworthy and least biased.
the only thing SPLC provided there is a chart of when statues were built.
WTF is NPR?
Timing of when they were built proves nothing about their motives.

Idiotic

Once again for the mentally handicapped...

Nothing in the Constitution prohibited the secession of States.
The 10th Amendment says anything not covered by the Constitution is left up to the States.
The Confederate States voted to secede from the Union. The best lawyers the US had could not ever win a treason case against Confederate leaders.
No one tried to take the southern leaders to Court the President pardoned them all.
They were never charged with anything, moron.

WEll, I see nobody can show where secession was illegal, as usual since it never was, and now we have some tards claiming the South attacked the North, also total rubbish. South Carolina was attacked by Buchanan, re trying to blockade their port, and again attacked by Lincoln doing th eame thing, i.e. they were attacked twice. Blockading ports is an act of war, always was and always will be; there was no 'insurrection' as defined by some here; the state's duly and legally elected legislatures and governments voted to secede, in all cases as a response to acts of war against Carolina.

Those in the Peanut Gallery who want a real education about our history instead on relying on the idiotic propaganda fed them in public school systems can also find all the references to secession throughout our history from the beginning, when the New England states constantly threatened to secede nearly every Congressional session, as well as some southern states; nobody thought it 'illegal', certainly not the Founders. Also see the Kentucky and Virginia Resolutions, 1797 and 1798 for grins. The claim it;s illegal is absurd, a fabrication by those who know it was just old fashioned poltical corruption behind the railroad lawyer Lincoln's fake pretexts.

And yet again, as all the Parties and newspapers knew at the time, the war was not started over slavery, it was started over Lincoln and the Northern financial interests lobbying for massive corporate subsidies for railroads and massive tariffs for northern manufacturers and of course the massive corollary subsidies to railroads via the Homestead Acts and Morill Land Grant Acts theat completely altered the tax structure of the country to plunder the South while subsidizing the northern states; Lincoln also ran on what was essentially a White Nationalist platform, keeping all blacks out of the new territories as well the Midwest, and in fact if he hadn't had his own private army controlling the govts. and elections in the border states, he would have been toast in 1862 mid-terms, because many suspected he was turning the war into a war to free blacks.

We know what the Northern ''Cause' was; just look at all the legislation they passed from 1861 to 1864. WE can also look at their military govts. of the states they had occupied by 1864. Only morons still buy the Lincoln Fantasy. I guess we're supposed to pretend all the blathering loons babbling about 'freeing da slaves n stuff' actually means anything today, since we know they would have been the same fashion victims back in those days they are now, i.e. they wouldn't be caught dead fighting for 'freedum'; they don't fight for it these days, so why give a crap about their opinions on what was 'right'160 years ago? lol quit being silly.

As for 'The Southern Strategy', is was Nixon who handed black radicals their own cities and school systems to run, trying to get blacks back to voting Republican. His 'Big Giant Southern Strategy' was merely extending the Civil Rights Acts past their sunset clauses and extending them to the entire U.S., not just 7 southern states, and of course the North and CAlifornia erupted in race riots ever since. Both New York and California still had literacy test requirements, and Harlem's voter turnout wa nearly the same as Mississippi's until the 1970's. So much for Yankees 160 years of lying about their 'moral superiority' over those 'inbred southern hicks n stuff'.

Last edited:
WEll, I see nobody can show where secession was illegal, as usual since it never was, and now we have some tards claiming the South attacked the North, also total rubbish. South Carolina was attacked by Buchanan, re trying to blockade their port, and again attacked by Lincoln doing th eame thing, i.e. they were attacked twice. Blockading ports is an act of war, always was and always will be; there was no 'insurrection' as defined by some here; the state's duly and legally elected legislatures and governments voted to secede, in all cases as a response to acts of war against Carolina.

Those in the Peanut Gallery who want a real education about our history instead on relying on the idiotic propaganda fed them in public school systems can also find all the references to secession throughout our history from the beginning, when the New England states constantly threatened to secede nearly every Congressional session, as well as some southern states; nobody thought it 'illegal', certainly not the Founders. Also see the Kentucky and Virginia Resolutions, 1797 and 1798 for grins. The claim it;s illegal is absurd, a fabrication by those who know it was just old fashioned poltical corruption behind the railroad lawyer Lincoln's fake pretexts.

And yet again, as all the Parties and newspapers knew at the time, the war was not started over slavery, it was started over Lincoln and the Northern financial interests lobbying for massive corporate subsidies for railroads and massive tariffs for northern manufacturers and of course the massive corollary subsidies to railroads via the Homestead Acts and Morill Land Grant Acts theat completely altered the tax structure of the country to plunder the South while subsidizing the northern states; Lincoln also ran on what was essentially a White Nationalist platform, keeping all blacks out of the new territories as well the Midwest, and in fact if he hadn't had his own private army controlling the govts. and elections in the border states, he would have been toast in 1862 mid-terms, because many suspected he was turning the war into a war to free blacks.

We know what the Northern ''Cause' was; just look at all the legislation they passed from 1861 to 1864. WE can also look at their military govts. of the states they had occupied by 1864. Only morons still buy the Lincoln Fantasy. I guess we're supposed to pretend all the blathering loons babbling about 'freeing da slaves n stuff' actually means anything today, since we know they would have been the same fashion victims back in those days they are now, i.e. they wouldn't be caught dead fighting for 'freedum'; they don't fight for it these days, so why give a crap about their opinions on what was 'right'160 years ago? lol quit being silly.

As for 'The Southern Strategy', is was Nixon who handed black radicals their own cities and school systems to run, trying to get blacks back to voting Republican. His 'Big Giant Southern Strategy' was merely extending the Civil Rights Acts past their sunset clauses and extending them to the entire U.S., not just 7 southern states, and of course the North and CAlifornia erupted in race riots ever since. Both New York and California still had literacy test requirements, and Harlem's voter turnout wa nearly the same as Mississippi's until the 1970's. So much for Yankees 160 years of lying about their 'moral superiority' over those 'inbred southern hicks n stuff'.
:clap: :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

View attachment 357434

Always has been

Yea, yea

Confederate Battle Flag

Of course I do

Whatever the Confederacy's stated reasons, Lincoln did not invade Virginia to free the slaves. He didn't give a damn about the slaves.
If one looks at Lincoln’s position on slavery throughout his career he repeatedly opposed slavery. A

His position was so extreme that the south chose secession rather than live under Lincolns rule
He only opposed extending slavery to new states. he did not oppose slavery. He even stated he would sign an amendment that would enshrine slavery into the Constitution if that would keep the Southern states from seceding.

You simply don't know what the fuck you are talking about. Your understanding of history is all leftwing myths.
Lincoln was a pragmatist. He knew he had no power to end slavery. Best he could do is stop its expansion

The South overreacted to Lincoln’s election and secession resulted in the end of slavery in four years rather than in decades

They were thinking long term and were desperate. They did not want to live under a government that was actively hostile to them and their interests.
They were thinking long term and were desperate. They did not want to live under a government that was actively hostile to them and their interests.
Exactly. What interests were those, dope?

Why? YOu think that the emotional impact of saying it, is the only way for you to score a point because your argument is so stupid that it can't stand up to any actual thought?

My point stands. Lincoln was deeply hostile to them, and had a real plan to use the power of the Federal Government against them.

So they left. Or tried to and LIncoln conquered them. A lot of their people fought to defend their homelands.

That their descendants put up some statues in memory of their service, is pretty normal.

That you are butthurt about it, is not.

YOu are the bad guy. NOt the people that have some regional pride in their heritage. YOu are for wanting to attack them and it.
Why? YOu think that the emotional impact of saying it, is the only way for you to score a point because your argument is so stupid that it can't stand up to any actual thought?
Why? Because that's been my point all along. I just had to run your ass in circles until you realized I was correct.

Now that you've admitted it, why would you wish to continue to venerate the men who fought against their own nation with troops ignorant of the goals of the confederacy toward such ends? They exploited those "good ole boys". Why venerate them?

Your spin on it, is noted and dismissed.

My reason is the same it has always been. Their service to their States is worthy of respect. That you can't admit that, is you being a close minded bigot.

SLAVERY was the primary underlying cause of the War. That does not change the fact that the men that fought, fought bravely and for their duty as they saw it at that time.

That you want to deprive their descendants of their pride in their heritage or the right to celebrate it, is you being a bully and an asshole.
SLAVERY was the primary underlying cause of the War. That does not change the fact that the men that fought, fought bravely and for their duty as they saw it at that time.

That you want to deprive their descendants of their pride in their heritage or the right to celebrate it, is you being a bully and an asshole
Yes, and every one of the cofederate generals being venerated in memorials and statues knew that about the confederacy. They each chose to represent the army of the confederacy as well. Their "duty" was to try and realize the stated goals of the confederacy. To preserve slavery.

There's no way to get around that. It's not "spin" or a "narrative". It's reality.

View attachment 357434

Always has been

Yea, yea

Confederate Battle Flag

Of course I do

Whatever the Confederacy's stated reasons, Lincoln did not invade Virginia to free the slaves. He didn't give a damn about the slaves.
If one looks at Lincoln’s position on slavery throughout his career he repeatedly opposed slavery. A

His position was so extreme that the south chose secession rather than live under Lincolns rule
He only opposed extending slavery to new states. he did not oppose slavery. He even stated he would sign an amendment that would enshrine slavery into the Constitution if that would keep the Southern states from seceding.

You simply don't know what the fuck you are talking about. Your understanding of history is all leftwing myths.
Lincoln was a pragmatist. He knew he had no power to end slavery. Best he could do is stop its expansion

The South overreacted to Lincoln’s election and secession resulted in the end of slavery in four years rather than in decades

My point stands. Lincoln was deeply hostile to them, and had a real plan to use the power of the Federal Government against them.

So they left. Or tried to and LIncoln conquered them. A lot of their people fought to defend their homelands.

That their descendants put up some statues in memory of their service, is pretty normal.

YOu are the bad guy. NOt the people that have some regional pride in their heritage. YOu are for wanting to attack them and it.
Why? Because that's been my point all along. I just had to run your ass in circles until you realized I was correct.

Now that you've admitted it, why would you wish to continue to venerate the men who fought against their own nation with troops ignorant of the goals of the confederacy toward such ends? They exploited those "good ole boys". Why venerate them?

My reason is the same it has always been. Their service to their States is worthy of respect. That you can't admit that, is you being a close minded bigot.

That you want to deprive their descendants of their pride in their heritage or the right to celebrate it, is you being a bully and an asshole.

That you want to deprive their descendants of their pride in their heritage or the right to celebrate it, is you being a bully and an asshole
Yes, and every one of the cofederate generals being venerated in memorials and statues knew that about the confederacy. They each chose to represent the army of the confederacy as well. Their "duty" was to try and realize the stated goals of the confederacy. To preserve slavery.

There's no way to get around that. It's not "spin" or a "narrative". It's reality.
Yes, the preservation of slavery was one of the stated goals of the Confederacy. So what?Reality is slavery was legal and considered moral and absolutely necessary to the economy of the South. You are wrong to apply modern standards to the honor of men of times long past.

View attachment 357434

Always has been

Yea, yea

Confederate Battle Flag

Of course I do

Slavery was ONE of the stated goals. You are the one ignoring all the rest of the historical reality with your desire to demagogue on the slavery aspect of the war.

TO justify your singling out and attacking their descendants because of your modern day bigotry and racism.

Yes, the preservation of slavery was one of the stated goals of the Confederacy. So what?

Why we need to get rid of Confederate symbols
This is only real symbol of the Confederacy:
383px-Flag_of_the_Confederate_States_of_America_%281861%E2%80%931863%29.svg.png

You don't really see it much, except at Six Flags.

Everything else is state-centric or symbols of states.

This flag is the battle banner of the Army of Northern Virginia:
330px-Confederate_Rebel_Flag.svg.png

While it may NOW be considered a symbol of the Confederacy (also considered a symbol of the south by many, but also a symbol of racism by some) it was NOT a symbol of the Confederacy from the beginning.

So, fine. Do away with symbols of the Confederacy, but you can't get rid of long-standing state symbols or state-centric monuments.

View attachment 357434

Always has been

Yea, yea

Confederate Battle Flag

Of course I do

Yes, the preservation of slavery was one of the stated goals of the Confederacy. So what?Reality is slavery was legal and considered moral and absolutely necessary to the economy of the South. You are wrong to apply modern standards to the honor of men of times long past.
You are wrong to apply modern standards to the honor of men of times long past.
You are wrong to venerate such men "of times long past". We've moved on. Times change. Grow up.

New Topics

Forum List

Back