The Fix is in! The “Experts” say Herd Immunity may NOT be possible

It is impossible for herd immunity to not work with covid-19.
Herd immunity just is the % who need to be immune before the virus dies not.
All viruses have a herd immunity %.
The only problem with covid-19 is that they "flattened the curve" for so long that it had time to spread wider and deeper than normal.
But herd immunity always works.
It can't fail.
That is impossible.

If Fauci is claiming that too many are not going to get vaccinated, that clearly is a lie because the asymptomatic rate shows that about 50% of the population started out immune inherently. Such as almost all children.

Couldn’t see this coming. What a bunch of bullshit.
condescending-wonka-Excellent enlightening opinions.png

You should quote some of the content for better deliberation.

You should quote some of the content for better deliberation.

Dr. Anthony Fauci, the nation's top infectious disease doctor, doesn't want to talk about herd immunity anymore.

“Rather than concentrating on an elusive number, let's get as many people vaccinated as quickly as we possibly can
,”

^^ In other words we want all to get the shot, or we will keep lockdowns going forever.

I don't think it's going to matter. For good or bad, I think people are just going to mostly ignore any restrictions.

Meanwhile, we have articles (complete with threads here on USMB) strongly suggesting that these vaccines could be making people more vulnerable to Covid 19 variants and possibly permanently alter our DNA too...

It would appear blacks distrust the vaccine...
Overall, more than one-third of all survey participants agreed or strongly agreed that they would not get a COVID-19 vaccine, and an additional 25% said they "don't know" if they would become vaccinated. Only 40% indicated that they planned to get vaccinated.

Participants in health care fields, including health care practitioners and those in technical and support occupations, showed higher vaccine hesitancy. Specifically, 48% of participants in health care fields indicated that they would not get vaccinated, compared with 32% of participants who were not in health care-related occupations.
Just for those folks who think only rightwingers are refusing the shot.

If Fauci is claiming that too many are not going to get vaccinated, that clearly is a lie because the asymptomatic rate shows that about 50% of the population started out immune inherently. Such as almost all children.
Being asymptomatic and being immune are not the same thing, not even close.

Herd immunity isn’t nearly as black and white as the popular media wants you to believe. It’s a spectrum. The virus isn’t going to magically disappear once we hit 70% vaccination rates. There will likely continue to be flares in different areas. There’s just too many people unvaccinated.

I'm looking forward to getting my shots...cellphone reception here is crap and I want me some of that sweet 5G.

It would appear blacks distrust the vaccine...
Overall, more than one-third of all survey participants agreed or strongly agreed that they would not get a COVID-19 vaccine, and an additional 25% said they "don't know" if they would become vaccinated. Only 40% indicated that they planned to get vaccinated.

Participants in health care fields, including health care practitioners and those in technical and support occupations, showed higher vaccine hesitancy. Specifically, 48% of participants in health care fields indicated that they would not get vaccinated, compared with 32% of participants who were not in health care-related occupations.
Just for those folks who think only rightwingers are refusing the shot.

I'm an anti vaxxer who's left wing. I support Bernie Sanders and AOC in general, but not their viewpoints on vaccines.

New Topics

Forum List

Back