The First Black Republican Presidential Nominee Will Be.....

Was the dem party of Bill Clinton as "racist" as the party of the gop today? Or does you logic only apply sometimes?
Don't know. Calls for personal "opinion" which, as IM2 has just pointed out (again), is of no value. Especially as in this case from a white guy (like me or you). However, with the tiniest bit of effort either of us could research the question and in a few minutes find plenty of "empirical" "evidence" decisively supporting one conclusion or another. But it appears you can't be bothered because you don't really care about obtaining an unbiased, fact based result. You just shoot from the hip, fast and loose. That is why you fail, time and again.
What did Republicans do about furthering racial justice during the same period?

Your refuse my request for your "personal opinion" because you want use "empirical evidence" instead.

But, when you look at a policy, it is your "personal opinion" to judge opposition to the policy to be evidence of racism.

You are being as "opinionated" as I am, you are just taking the additional step of cloaking your assumptions as "empirical" and "racial justice" to give you an excuse to dismiss people and ideas you don't like.

ALL you are doing, is coming up with an excuse to avoid defending your assumptions.

he was a blue dog democrat and was a problem.
Believe me, I know that much. He's the one who turned me permanently Independent. I had a landscaping business at the time and listened to NPR on my Walkman most of the day while working. I recall smashing things on the ground and breaking several handles in disgust upon hearing of his latest betrayals. LOL

Clinton was a master of triangulation. It was an especially dishonest strategy. It worked for him personally, because he was an "empty suit with an appetite", and no actual principles or real beliefs of his own, other than his personal advancement.

Most white Democrats who say being black hurts a person’s ability to succeed point to racial discrimination (70%) and less access to good schools (75%) or high-paying jobs (64%) as major reasons for this (among black Democrats, the shares are 86%, 74% and 78%, respectively). By comparison, about a third or fewer white Republicans say these are major obstacles for blacks. White Republicans are more likely than white Democrats to cite family instability, lack of good role models and a lack of motivation to work hard.
Just from that last sentence, do you think most Republicans take blacks seriously? Treat them with respect? Compared to most Democrats?
The last sentence listed three factors that white republicans are more likely to cite to explain black people's "inability to succeed", ie "family instability, lack of good role models, and a lack of motivation to work hard".
Wrong. Your conversion there of "hurts a person’s ability to succeed" into 'black people's "inability to succeed"' was clearly deliberate and grossly disrespectful. Yet you'll continue to wonder why most people presume Republicans to be more racist than Democrats. Go figure.
Mmmm, that is crazy talk. I did not challenge your premises because I wanted to address your point and move the discussion forward.
Baloney. You misquoted "ability" as "inability" (to succeed), thereby completely changing the meaning of the poll question to fit your racist "cultural" narrative of literally "blaming" anything the black minority does on the historically marginalized black minority itself:
ie "family instability, lack of good role models, and a lack of motivation to work hard".
Face it. You're a very sick puppy.
You are quibbling over details to avoid the meat of my argument.
No. You can't handle the truth is all.
You asked me, based on a poll of how people view "blacks" if republicans respect or treat seriously blacks.
No, moron. The poll was about how the public views "Race in America 2019." Subtitled: "Public has negative views of the country’s racial progress; more than half say Trump has made race relations worse." It was NOT about "how people view blacks." You should avoid engaging in such discussions since you evidently don't (can't?) understand the difference. I asked you:
Just from that last sentence, do you think most Republicans take blacks seriously? Treat them with respect? Compared to most Democrats?
I answered. You are now trying to avoid addressing my answer.
I addressed it and "You're a very sick puppy."
BTW, do you think that white American culture has problems?
Does the Pope wear a funny hat? Has COVID-19 increased the price of tea in China? Get a clue.
Do not take the fact that I answered his question with any acceptance of his assumptions.
What are these "assumptions" of mine? All in your head? If you could manage to provide some compelling evidence in support of them.. that could be refreshing. Also, define "white American culture"?

Do you think that white American culture has any problems?
Define "white American culture"?

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
Most white Democrats who say being black hurts a person’s ability to succeed point to racial discrimination (70%) and less access to good schools (75%) or high-paying jobs (64%) as major reasons for this (among black Democrats, the shares are 86%, 74% and 78%, respectively). By comparison, about a third or fewer white Republicans say these are major obstacles for blacks. White Republicans are more likely than white Democrats to cite family instability, lack of good role models and a lack of motivation to work hard.
The last sentence listed three factors that white republicans are more likely to cite to explain black people's "inability to succeed", ie "family instability, lack of good role models, and a lack of motivation to work hard".
Wrong. Your conversion there of "hurts a person’s ability to succeed" into 'black people's "inability to succeed"' was clearly deliberate and grossly disrespectful. Yet you'll continue to wonder why most people presume Republicans to be more racist than Democrats. Go figure.
Mmmm, that is crazy talk. I did not challenge your premises because I wanted to address your point and move the discussion forward.
Baloney. You misquoted "ability" as "inability" (to succeed), thereby completely changing the meaning of the poll question to fit your racist "cultural" narrative of literally "blaming" anything the black minority does on the historically marginalized black minority itself:
ie "family instability, lack of good role models, and a lack of motivation to work hard".
Face it. You're a very sick puppy.
You are quibbling over details to avoid the meat of my argument.
No. You can't handle the truth is all.
You asked me, based on a poll of how people view "blacks" if republicans respect or treat seriously blacks.
No, moron. The poll was about how the public views "Race in America 2019." Subtitled: "Public has negative views of the country’s racial progress; more than half say Trump has made race relations worse." It was NOT about "how people view blacks." You should avoid engaging in such discussions since you evidently don't (can't?) understand the difference. I asked you:
I answered. You are now trying to avoid addressing my answer.
I addressed it and "You're a very sick puppy."
BTW, do you think that white American culture has problems?
Does the Pope wear a funny hat? Has COVID-19 increased the price of tea in China? Get a clue.
Do not take the fact that I answered his question with any acceptance of his assumptions.
What are these "assumptions" of mine? All in your head? If you could manage to provide some compelling evidence in support of them.. that could be refreshing. Also, define "white American culture"?

Define "white American culture"?

Dude. Don't be silly.

Your phrase. Not one I would ever use. Define "white American culture"..

Never mind. It was a reference to the way you freaked out, because I mentioned a problem in black culture, as though discussing a problem in a culture was being racist against that culture.

I was going to make the obvious point, that ALL cultures have problems, and discussing a problem of a culture is in no way "Racist".

But, you were such effectively evasive and made it impossible to discuss it.

Congratulations. You avoided discussion. Good job.

Hey, eat a bag of dicks.

I asked you, if you thought American white culture had any problems, and you were afraid to answer.

Seriously. This is not where you insult me, this is where you realize that you are the one being dishonest.

You are being so dishonest, that you were afraid to admit that white culture in this country has any problems.

Dude. Wake the fuck up.

And I asked you:
Your phrase. Not one I would ever use. Define "white American culture"..
Then you said:
Never mind.
Couldn't do it.
I mentioned a problem in black culture, as though
some white "Dude" who can't even define their own phrase "white American culture" had any business talking about "black culture."

I asked a simple question. Do you believe that white American culture has a problem.

You could have answered it. Obviously, all cultures have problems.

BUt you are so set on being evasive and dishonest, that you refused to answer.

That reflects your mindset, with ALL OF YOUR RESPONSES IN THIS THREAD.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
The white person here is speaking on the black community that faces a factor he doesn't and then tries claiming that we have a problem based on his never facing the main problem we face. He needs to shut his white racist mouth.

So 32% wanted supported the black candidate while 60% supported a white candidate.

What point are you trying to make here?

Don't recall. Perhaps something about how the more conservative republicans were happy to support the black guy.

And "more" still being about half of those who supported a white candidate.

YOur pretense that you don't know what it means to be a front runner, in a big field of candidates, is dismissed.

Cain was the guy with the most support. If the voting had been held on that day, he would have won and been the candidate.

So, the lie that republicans would not nominate a black candidate because of Evul Wacism, is refuted, right there.

Would you like to look at another example now?

Dumbfuck, "big field of candidates" dwindle down quickly once the primaries begin. You possess a grand total of zero evidence Cain would have prevailed. The best you could find was 60% were saying they would vote for a white candidate snc another 8% said they hadn't decided yet.

Your position is based on the false pretense that every other candidate is a single entity, ie "white candidate".

Cain was the one wining at that point in time. He was winning the gop primary, a fact that refutes your belief that the gop is soooo evully wacist.

What took him down, was not the shocking news to the gop voters, that he was suddenly found out to be blacks, but a ginned up media scandal.

Would you like to look at another example now?

I assumed nothing. Which of these other candidates wasn't white...?

1585419274482-png.316403

Different poll. Just NH. That's all you've got? Sorry to burst your bubble but NH does not speak for all Republicans. Not even close. Admit it. You're done. You've got nothing.
Buchanan is what Powell is not: a leader of culturally extremist forces. He is a Beltway talk-show warrior who thrives on conflict, not on solving problems.
Buchanan was deemed too disgusting but Trump is now just dandy. When will Republicans support a Black candidate? No time soon. That's for sure.

On the other hand, when will the Democrats support a truly progressive candidate like a Bernie or a Tulsi? No time soon. That's for sure.

As I demonstrated repeatedly, republicans supported a black candidate in 96

There were other times that republicans supported black candidates. Here is another. This guy I personally liked MORE than Powell.

"Cain garnered 25 percent support of Republican primary voters in the poll released on Tuesday, compared to Romney's 21 percent. "

"Cain's support surged among voters who identified with the conservative Tea Party wing of the Republican party, rising to 32 percent in mid-October from 18 percent just a few weeks ago. That's more than four times the level of support he had from the group in mid-September. "

Funny how his support is from the conservative side of the party. It is almost as if the lefty stereotypes of the republicans is just completely wrong.
LOLOLOL

Dumbshit -- 25% of Republicans supported Cain according to that poll. :eusa_doh:

AND it was 4 months before the election, rendering it meaningless.

Front runner status. IF hte primary votes had been held on that day, he would have been the candidate.

Things unfortunately changed before the actual voting, but the thing that changed was not his race.

This poll disproves the claim that the reason for the lack of republican candidates is racism.

BY ITSELF it does that. COmbined with the rest, and it reveals your position to be absurd.
"Front runner status. IF hte primary votes had been held on that day, he would have been the candidate."

But the primaries were not held on that day, rendering your claims imaginary. And had he run, one by one those other candidates would have started dropping and you possess zero evidence Cain would have garnered a majority to win the Republican nomination.

I can't recall it ever working out that way. That is sort of what moderates in the GOP hoped would happen with Trump, as the field narrowed, that some "NOT TRUMP" candidate would get ALL the votes freed up as candiates dropped out, and end up winning. Did not happen.

It is sort of what we conservatives hoped would happen to stop McCain, back in 2008. DIdn't happen.

And I don't recall any strong anti-Cain movement at the time. Maybe a little from the Establishment who did not like how conservative he was.

You are the one ignoring the numbers and trying to explain away the information we do have, so that you can hold on to you negative assumptions about people you hate.
The members are still 32%. Not enough to win a nomination.

Err, you made that point last post. I addressed it. Your scenario that every other vote would go to some "stop Cain" candidate is you coming up with an unlikely scenario to explain away numbers that disprove your dearly held belief in Evul Wacist Republicans.
I never said every other vote would go to other candidates. I said you have no evidence Cain would have secured the Republican nomination.

The fact is that Cain did not get the nomination. There are no if's or and's to be had about it.
And then that idiot blames the media for reporting on the ever growing line of woman accusing Cain of sexual harassment. :eusa_doh:
That line of women first reported by the Rick Perry campaign. You know, the guy with the ranch called the n word.

The fact is that Cain did not get the nomination. There are no if's or and's to be had about it.
And then that idiot blames the media for reporting on the ever growing line of woman accusing Cain of sexual harassment. :eusa_doh:
That line of women first reported by the Rick Perry campaign. You know, the guy with the ranch called the n word.
Now, now, you're being unfair to that white guy. It was the media's fault because they reported on it.

Forum List

Back