The First Black Republican Presidential Nominee Will Be.....

Why are you pretending that the gop would not have elected Powell or Cain, if they had won the primaries?
Very funny. That's like saying the Earth would be flat were it not for being round. The primaries exist to narrow the field down to one candidate who will run against the selection from the other half of the corporate duopoly. If the GOP really wanted a Powell or a Cain it would selected a Powell or a Cain as its presidential candidate through its primary process.

No, it is not like saying that.

Your position, seems to be that "racism" is the reason for the lack of black republican Presidents.

Pointing out that polls show that the gop voters would have happily supported various black republicans for the office, refutes that claim.

YOur denial of that makes no sense.

What you Tea Party nuts have never grasped is that you're just willing tools. Putty in the hands of the corporate elite who brought us the first Hollywood President, Reagan, to bash government as though no government was ever an option. Meanwhile, that same corporate elite buys all the government they possibly can, for fun and profit, at our expense. All now culminating in Trump. A two bit crook openly destroying government and us all, as best he can manage, thanks to nincompoops like you.

Dude. The Big Money is AGAINST Trump. They were on Hillary's side in the last election.
It was on both sides as always, ergo "Corporate Duopoly" - THINK about it, numbnuts.

Nope. The big money wanted Hillary on your side, and Jeb Bush on our side.

The peasants on both sides rose up and fought against the Big Money choices.

I'm proud that on our side, the pitchfork and torch bearing mob won, and the elite lost.

It is not to your credit, that Bernie lost on your side, and then got back into line like a good soldier.

THe panic, the hysteria that Big Media and Big Money has been ginning up since the election, that is them controlling and co-opting you.

Trump? He is an old man. He will be gone, one way or another, is a few years. HIs policies are not radical. The hysteria is not called for.

Your position, seems to be that "racism" is the reason for the lack of black republican Presidents.
It remains the main reason, logically, unless and until you can demonstrate otherwise.
Pointing out that polls show that the gop voters would have happily supported various black republicans for the office, refutes that claim.
Only hypothetically. In reality, they've come up short.
The big money wanted Hillary on your side, and Jeb Bush on our side.
Granted. Initially. Then they chose Trump. At least you admit to the "big money" being on both sides.
I'm proud that on our side, the pitchfork and torch bearing mob won, and the elite lost.
Well congrats on electing our first billionaire President, you self-deluded moron.

It remains the main reason, logically, unless and until you can demonstrate otherwise.
Only hypothetically. In reality, they've come up short.
The big money wanted Hillary on your side, and Jeb Bush on our side.
Granted. Initially. Then they chose Trump. At least you admit to the "big money" being on both sides.
Well congrats on electing our first billionaire President, you self-deluded moron.

1. Why are you emotionally wedded the idea of republican racism, to the point of dismissing all data to the contrary?

2. Nope. THe big money was against Trump and thought they had a win in hand, right up until election night when the people handed them a nice big old surprise defeat.

3. It is ironic that the person that saw the under served voting bloc of working poor whites, was a billionaire. That reflects very poorly on the stupidity of our Political Class. Trump saw a path to something he wanted and he took advantage. The voters saw someone who was at least saying he would try to represent their interests. Neither of them did anything wrong.

4. Is that all it is for you? A hatred of the rich? YOu can't accept TRump as a legit choice because he is of the wrong class?

Yes, you pose lots of (stupid, loaded) questions while continuing to provide zero logic or evidence to back your wild assertions and accusations. In short, you remain a complete waste of time.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
Yes, you pose lots of (stupid, loaded) questions while continuing to provide zero logic or evidence to back your wild assertions and accusations. In short, you remain a complete waste of time.

It is not a stupid question. Several black republicans have been contenders. There are reasons why each of them never made it, but it has not been "racism" for many years. And you are just dismissing all information that you don't like.

So, my question is completely reasonable. Why are you emotionally invested in the idea of "republican racism"?

What would happen if you admitted that Colin Powell would likely have been elected by (primarily) republican voters if he had ran?

Why do you feel a need to push back against that question?

THe big money was against Trump and thought they had a win in hand, right up until election night
Sure, sure. Read and weep:

THe big money was against Trump and thought they had a win in hand, right up until election night
Sure, sure. Read and weep:

"Hillary Clinton is crushing Donald Trump on the fundraising front, electoral filings show, casting doubt on the Republican's claims that money is "pouring in" for his campaign.

Trump raised just over $3 million in May — the month he secured enough delegates to win the Republican nomination — while Clinton raked in more than $26 million, according to the latest filings from the Federal Election Commission.

Those numbers — weak for a Congressional campaign, let alone a run at the White House — have put Trump and the Republican Party at an extraordinary financial disadvantage heading into the general election."

Last edited:
  • Thanks
If Republicans really wanted a black candidate in 2012 they sure had a funny way of showing it:
Independent Expenditures
Candidates Opposed/Supported by Outside Groups and Party Committees
CandidateEntire Cycle TotalLast Week TotalLast 24 Hours TotalSupportedOpposed
Obama, Barack (D)
winner.jpg
$393,258,399$55,444,144$1,554,682$49,816,652$333,851,814
Romney, Mitt (R)$186,408,055$18,743,983$2,693,919$90,586,403$95,275,499
Gingrich, Newt (R)$32,439,757$0$0$13,597,555$18,842,202
Santorum, Rick (R)$28,593,154$0$0$7,646,898$20,946,256
Paul, Ron (R)$4,247,914$0$0$4,113,744$134,170
Perry, Rick (R)$4,185,027$0$0$4,162,689$22,338
Huntsman, Jon (R)$2,804,895$0$0$2,804,609$286
Johnson, Gary (L)$555,204$0$0$555,069$135
Cain, Herman (R)$309,655$0$0$307,802$1,853
Stein, Jill (3)$4,507$0$0$4,372$135
Roemer, Buddy (I)$46$0$0$46$0
Total$652,806,613$74,188,127$4,248,601$173,595,839$469,074,688

• Thanks

And your supposed point, Mr. Lame Ass Rebuttal?
At the outset of Donald Trump’s bid for the White House, he blasted super PACs on Twitter as “scams” and “unfair” and disavowed such outside help.

Then he changed his tune. By the end of his 2016 campaign, more than a hundred super PACs and similar groups had spent more than $72 million on his behalf, helping him defeat Democrat Hillary Clinton.
Wake up, white boy.

Dude. You want a candidate who gets NO money from ANYONE? Cause that is not going to be any Dem candidate. Ever.

I said that the big money wanted Hillary. And they did. Hillary crushed Trump on raising money and spending.

EVERY TIME You listen to some talking head talking shit on Trump, you are being played by the big money you supposed oppose.

You vote for Biden, you think the BIg Money have any problem working with Biden? He's been in the system for ever.

Why do you NEED to believe in the republican being the bad guys, to the point of dismissing all data that you doesn't fit that narrative?

2016 Totals Raised:
Hillary: $769,879,088
The Donald: $468,846,867

Oh my, what "an extraordinary financial disadvantage"!

Hillary had almost DOUBLE what Trump had. That is a huge advantage. If the numbers were reversed you would have no problem seeing that as a huge advantage. The big money wanted Hillary.

Sure they threw some to the other guy to cover their bets, like they always do. But that was the back up plan they did not want to have to go to.

YOu are holding to this vision of republicans as supervillains, like a religious fanatic.

2020 Totals Raised so far:
Joe Biden: $98,266,045
Sanders: $181,211,792
Trump: $268,895,296

2012 Herman Cain: $16,227,060

Yeah, big money thinks Trump is going to win. They never thought that Cain would win. Cain was brought down fairly early on.

Funny, you Trump has more money this time around and you see it as evidence of something. But looking back, Hillary had more than Trump and that meant nothing?

They have brainwashed you. You are in the grip of mass hysteria.

YOU are the one that needs to wake up.

If Republicans really wanted a black candidate in 2012 they sure had a funny way of showing it:
Independent Expenditures
Candidates Opposed/Supported by Outside Groups and Party Committees
CandidateEntire Cycle TotalLast Week TotalLast 24 Hours TotalSupportedOpposed
Obama, Barack (D)
winner.jpg
$393,258,399$55,444,144$1,554,682$49,816,652$333,851,814
Romney, Mitt (R)$186,408,055$18,743,983$2,693,919$90,586,403$95,275,499
Gingrich, Newt (R)$32,439,757$0$0$13,597,555$18,842,202
Santorum, Rick (R)$28,593,154$0$0$7,646,898$20,946,256
Paul, Ron (R)$4,247,914$0$0$4,113,744$134,170
Perry, Rick (R)$4,185,027$0$0$4,162,689$22,338
Huntsman, Jon (R)$2,804,895$0$0$2,804,609$286
Johnson, Gary (L)$555,204$0$0$555,069$135
Cain, Herman (R)$309,655$0$0$307,802$1,853
Stein, Jill (3)$4,507$0$0$4,372$135
Roemer, Buddy (I)$46$0$0$46$0
Total$652,806,613$74,188,127$4,248,601$173,595,839$469,074,688

"Republicans" did not want a "black candidate in 2012. I never said anything like that, and I never would.

Cain had the highest level of support from REPUBLICAN VOTERS, for a number of reasons. I liked his style and his contempt for the media. I heard a lot of people talking about his tax plan. Other people, I don't recall discussing it with a lot of people.

Republican voters don't pick their candidates based on Identity politics.

But I like how suddenly, you see money as a sign of support.

ANd I want to say again. I am disgusted with Cain's base, the religious right, for being stupid enough to give any credibility to the stupid media accusations.

Any republican, in the modern era, that doesn't know that the media is our enemy, is a fool.

You're a veritable fountain of stupid.
Any republican, in the modern era, that doesn't know that the media is our enemy, is a fool.
"free media attention valued at about $5 billion" - That's what made up the difference, dummy.

The vast majority of that coverage was NEGATIVE.

And to the extent that Trump played them, that was the media being played, not on his side, giving him something because they liked him.

I do take back my previous statement though.

ANYONE, in the modern era, that doesn't know the media is the enemy of the Republican Party, is a fool.

Trump played them, getting his message out, to overcome the fact that the big money was behind Hillary.

Why are you so insistent on holding on to ideas, that are demonstrably false?

Forum List

Back