The First Black Republican Presidential Nominee Will Be.....

And yet NONE of that ended slavery, it took white people to grow up and accept man was the same no matter the color. And EVERY European Country outlawed slavery not because of a black uprising and not because of blacks speaking but because enough whites finally understood and voted it away. And it took a war In the US where whites fought to end slavery.
Actually, it took men from the north to beat the racist conservative south into submission to give up their slaves.

Using modern labels to describe evens of over 150 years ago, is misleading and dishonest.

Which is why you did it.

Because you know that lying is the only way for modern liberals like yourself, to win an argument.
Oh?? You saying the Bible Belt wasn't conservative in the 1860's?
icon_rolleyes.gif

I'm saying that pretending an unity between a political faction TODAY, and a group of people over a 150 years ago, is something only an dishonest hack would do.

That was my point. I made it. Are you going to address it now, or would you prefer to pretend to not understand it again?

Conservatives in America TODAY, are interesting in "conserving" THe Enlightenment Era principles of the Founding Fathers.

ANy pretense that that is not the case, is someone lying. Or being an ignorant fool, I guess...

No, it is someone lying. Anyone that stupid, could not figure out how to work a keyboard, or find their way out of their room.
Try following the bouncing ball ... I didn't say they were Conservatives -- I said they were conservative. Which they were no matter how much that pisses you off.

Yes, I know. And my point, my answer is, that doing so is misleading.

It does not piss me off. Please do not interpret my use of appropriate language as anger. When I am angry, you should be able to tell.

I am used to you libs being dishonest. YOu are dishonest, pretty much all the time. As I have discussed and for the reasons we both know to be true.

Whites worked so hard to end slavery in America that they created Jim Crow.

And then whites ended Jim Crow.

Lefties only believe in groups when it is assigning blame to whites. When it is something that would be CREDIT to whites, different rules apply.

And of course, all other races have different rules too. THey get the reverse. THey get credit for anything good, and get a pass for anything bad.

AND it is racist to point it out. OR to be unhappy about it.

And really, you're just racist for being white. Original Sin, baby.

This is just one of the little factoids that IM2 likes to overlook.

We're used to you being wrong pretty much all the time. And whiny. And tearful.

You say stupid shit like that, not when it is true, but when you are desperate to distract from how little you can say to support your position.

Exit polls are the Gold Standard of political polls. They showed that in 1996, the republican voters, along with a good sized chunk of Reagan Democrats, would have been happy to elect a black Republican President.

This of course, should be a moot historical point, because Powell choose not to run and very few blacks are even in the Republican Party.

But you can't admit it. Because you lib NEED your lie, that the Republican Party is terribly racist.

Because without that, you might have to make the case for your policies, based on their actual merits.

And you know, that you cannot.

You need to be able to cry "racist" and have the be the end of the debate.

Because, you know you can never win an actual, real debate.

That is what this is about. And you being a smug asshole about it, is just you being a smug asshole.

Republicans struggle to elect blacks to Congress. Electing one as president won't happen in this century.

I don't know why this is an issue for Democrats in the first place since they don't like conservatives anyway. If you don't like conservatives or conservative values, you're not going to like a black Republican. And if a black Republican does get nominated, it's unlikely he/she would be elected and Democrats would be largely responsible for this. The reason being because a lot of black Democrats already consider conservative blacks as sellouts and Uncle Toms.

All of this nonsense about black Republican presidential nominees is just farting in a hurricane. Speaking for myself, I don't care how many blacks the Republican party has. A black person will either choose to be Republican or not, I don't give a shit and I don't want some kind of quota. If the Republican party doesn't have what a black person wants, shut the fuck up and become a Democrat. Same goes for white people.
So a black Republican can't get elected without support from Democrats?

Thanks for admitting that many Republicans and conservatives are racist. I already knew that but it's nice to see your side admit it.

Colin Powell would have easily defeated Bill Clinton according to exit polls in 1996. I would have happily voted for him against Bill Clinton. Some of my republican friends were really big fans of his.

That not many blacks would likely have crossed party lines, would not have mattered, and actually, imo, would have been a good thing.

I don't know why Ghost thinks that a black republican candidate would not win, or could not win without black dem voters. But he is incorrect.
LOL

If he's incorrect, where is the black Republican president? ...

Colin Powell did not run because he did not have a "passion for politics". That is where the most recent chance of a black republican President went.

Can you blame him? You libs are fucking nightmares to deal with.
Take the log out of your eye, you rightards are also nightmares.

So, you admit it. THe primary reason that Colin Power did not run, was him not wanting the job.

Can you admit that he would have been a strong contender for the nomination, if he had run, as the polling showed?
I admitted nothing about Powell, ya flaming moron. I didn't follow Powell to know if he was or was not thinking about running; or if so, why not.

YOur defense to "you libs make the job not a good choice" was, "you too".

That is an admission that you libs make the job not desirable.

You choose to enter a thread on Black Republican Presidents while being ignorant on the most likely to get elected potential candidate ever?

LOL!!! Well, that is completely credible for a lib. I accept your defense of ignorance.

You can either trust me on this, or go read up on it, and get back to me when you are caught up. Plenty on this issue online.

Your call.
"YOur defense to "you libs make the job not a good choice" was, "you too"."

So? Are you so blind you can't see both sides attack each other in the manner you only cry about the left?

"You choose to enter a thread on Black Republican Presidents while being ignorant on the most likely to get elected potential candidate ever?"

You said he had no passion for politics. That's your idea of the most likely black Republican to get elected? Ever???

Do you even have an idea of how stupid you sound?

rotfl-gif.288736

Dude. Your defense is ignorance. You've admitted to being ignorant on the subject.

Go educate yourself. It will only take a few minutes.

"Powell's experience in military matters made him a very popular figure with both American political parties. Many Democrats admired his moderate stance on military matters, while many Republicans saw him as a great asset associated with the successes of past Republican administrations. Put forth as a potential Democratic Vice Presidential nominee in the 1992 U.S. presidential election[43] or even potentially replacing Vice President Dan Quayle as the Republican Vice Presidential nominee,[44] Powell eventually declared himself a Republican and began to campaign for Republican candidates in 1995.[45][46] He was touted as a possible opponent of Bill Clinton in the 1996 U.S. presidential election, possibly capitalizing on a split conservative vote in Iowa[47] and even leading New Hampshire polls for the GOP nomination,[48] but Powell declined, citing a lack of passion for politics.[49] Powell defeated Clinton 50–38 in a hypothetical match-up proposed to voters in the exit polls conducted on Election Day.[50] Despite not standing in the race, Powell won the Republican New Hampshire Vice-Presidential primary on write-in votes.[51] "
LOLOLOL

Moron, you're literally claiming your best shot at electing a Black Republican is someone who never ran for office nor wanted to.

Exit polls showed him winning handily over Bill Clinton, as a Republican with the Republican voters very strongly supporting him.

That right there refutes the point of the op, ie that republicans are racist that is why no black republican presidents.
Exit polls are meaningless when the topic is someone who's not running. :cuckoo:

Still -- you claim your best shot to get a black Republican as president is someone who didn't want the job.

rotfl-gif.288736

Exit polls are the Gold Standard of polls. They ask the person who they would vote for minutes after the point of voting, and they only get data from voters.

The high numbers that Powell got, showed that Republicans were ready for a black President back in 1996, and considering the strength of the results, well before that.

That alone refutes the point of the op, that the lack of black Republican Presidents is caused by "racism".
I didn't say exit polls are meaningless -- I said that one question is meaningless. Saying you'd vote for someone who's not running doesn't actually prove Republicans would have elected a black.

When an absolute majority of voters, primary made of republicans say they would have voted for a black republican, it does.

And that refutes the point of the op.
LOL

Saying you will vote for someone who's not running means nothing since that still doesn't get a black Republican elected. You remain an abject imbecile.

It demonstrates that the Republican Party has been ready for a Black President, decades ago.

That is relevant to the discussion, when so many lefties like to pretend to believe that the reason for the lack of black republicans or black republican presidents, is gop racism.

Hard data shows that that is a race baiting lie, made by vile liars.
and I assume the reason why there is such overwhelming support by black voters for the Democrat party is because of Democrat racism??

You know, there is also overwhelming support for the Democrat party on behalf of Jewish voters too...is that because of Democrat Anti-Semitism??

If your friend told you that there was a party happening tonight and there were gonna be a bunch of ladies there -- then when you get there -- its only one lady there and 400 guys -- would that still be considered a party with a bunch of ladies there?

You say stupid shit like that, not when it is true, but when you are desperate to distract from how little you can say to support your position.

Exit polls are the Gold Standard of political polls. They showed that in 1996, the republican voters, along with a good sized chunk of Reagan Democrats, would have been happy to elect a black Republican President.

This of course, should be a moot historical point, because Powell choose not to run and very few blacks are even in the Republican Party.

But you can't admit it. Because you lib NEED your lie, that the Republican Party is terribly racist.

Because without that, you might have to make the case for your policies, based on their actual merits.

That is what this is about. And you being a smug asshole about it, is just you being a smug asshole.
And put upon. Butt hurt. Poopy. Diaper rash. Somebody call the Wambulance!

Dumbfuck, the thread questioned, "The First Black Republican Presidential Nominee Will Be....."

Someone who never ran for that office will NOT be that person.

Jeez, you're one mentally ill patient.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
Republicans struggle to elect blacks to Congress. Electing one as president won't happen in this century.

I don't know why this is an issue for Democrats in the first place since they don't like conservatives anyway. If you don't like conservatives or conservative values, you're not going to like a black Republican. And if a black Republican does get nominated, it's unlikely he/she would be elected and Democrats would be largely responsible for this. The reason being because a lot of black Democrats already consider conservative blacks as sellouts and Uncle Toms.

All of this nonsense about black Republican presidential nominees is just farting in a hurricane. Speaking for myself, I don't care how many blacks the Republican party has. A black person will either choose to be Republican or not, I don't give a shit and I don't want some kind of quota. If the Republican party doesn't have what a black person wants, shut the fuck up and become a Democrat. Same goes for white people.

Thanks for admitting that many Republicans and conservatives are racist. I already knew that but it's nice to see your side admit it.

Colin Powell would have easily defeated Bill Clinton according to exit polls in 1996. I would have happily voted for him against Bill Clinton. Some of my republican friends were really big fans of his.

That not many blacks would likely have crossed party lines, would not have mattered, and actually, imo, would have been a good thing.

I don't know why Ghost thinks that a black republican candidate would not win, or could not win without black dem voters. But he is incorrect.
LOL

If he's incorrect, where is the black Republican president? ...

Colin Powell did not run because he did not have a "passion for politics". That is where the most recent chance of a black republican President went.

Can you blame him? You libs are fucking nightmares to deal with.
Take the log out of your eye, you rightards are also nightmares.

So, you admit it. THe primary reason that Colin Power did not run, was him not wanting the job.

Can you admit that he would have been a strong contender for the nomination, if he had run, as the polling showed?
I admitted nothing about Powell, ya flaming moron. I didn't follow Powell to know if he was or was not thinking about running; or if so, why not.

YOur defense to "you libs make the job not a good choice" was, "you too".

That is an admission that you libs make the job not desirable.

You choose to enter a thread on Black Republican Presidents while being ignorant on the most likely to get elected potential candidate ever?

LOL!!! Well, that is completely credible for a lib. I accept your defense of ignorance.

You can either trust me on this, or go read up on it, and get back to me when you are caught up. Plenty on this issue online.

Your call.
"YOur defense to "you libs make the job not a good choice" was, "you too"."

So? Are you so blind you can't see both sides attack each other in the manner you only cry about the left?

"You choose to enter a thread on Black Republican Presidents while being ignorant on the most likely to get elected potential candidate ever?"

You said he had no passion for politics. That's your idea of the most likely black Republican to get elected? Ever???

Do you even have an idea of how stupid you sound?

rotfl-gif.288736

Dude. Your defense is ignorance. You've admitted to being ignorant on the subject.

Go educate yourself. It will only take a few minutes.

"Powell's experience in military matters made him a very popular figure with both American political parties. Many Democrats admired his moderate stance on military matters, while many Republicans saw him as a great asset associated with the successes of past Republican administrations. Put forth as a potential Democratic Vice Presidential nominee in the 1992 U.S. presidential election[43] or even potentially replacing Vice President Dan Quayle as the Republican Vice Presidential nominee,[44] Powell eventually declared himself a Republican and began to campaign for Republican candidates in 1995.[45][46] He was touted as a possible opponent of Bill Clinton in the 1996 U.S. presidential election, possibly capitalizing on a split conservative vote in Iowa[47] and even leading New Hampshire polls for the GOP nomination,[48] but Powell declined, citing a lack of passion for politics.[49] Powell defeated Clinton 50–38 in a hypothetical match-up proposed to voters in the exit polls conducted on Election Day.[50] Despite not standing in the race, Powell won the Republican New Hampshire Vice-Presidential primary on write-in votes.[51] "
LOLOLOL

Moron, you're literally claiming your best shot at electing a Black Republican is someone who never ran for office nor wanted to.

Exit polls showed him winning handily over Bill Clinton, as a Republican with the Republican voters very strongly supporting him.

That right there refutes the point of the op, ie that republicans are racist that is why no black republican presidents.
Exit polls are meaningless when the topic is someone who's not running. :cuckoo:

Still -- you claim your best shot to get a black Republican as president is someone who didn't want the job.

rotfl-gif.288736

Exit polls are the Gold Standard of polls. They ask the person who they would vote for minutes after the point of voting, and they only get data from voters.

The high numbers that Powell got, showed that Republicans were ready for a black President back in 1996, and considering the strength of the results, well before that.

That alone refutes the point of the op, that the lack of black Republican Presidents is caused by "racism".
I didn't say exit polls are meaningless -- I said that one question is meaningless. Saying you'd vote for someone who's not running doesn't actually prove Republicans would have elected a black.

When an absolute majority of voters, primary made of republicans say they would have voted for a black republican, it does.

And that refutes the point of the op.
LOL

Saying you will vote for someone who's not running means nothing since that still doesn't get a black Republican elected. You remain an abject imbecile.

It demonstrates that the Republican Party has been ready for a Black President, decades ago.

That is relevant to the discussion, when so many lefties like to pretend to believe that the reason for the lack of black republicans or black republican presidents, is gop racism.

Hard data shows that that is a race baiting lie, made by vile liars.
and I assume the reason why there is such overwhelming support by black voters for the Democrat party is because of Democrat racism??

You know, there is also overwhelming support for the Democrat party on behalf of Jewish voters too...is that because of Democrat Anti-Semitism??

If your friend told you that there was a party happening tonight and there were gonna be a bunch of ladies there -- then when you get there -- its only one lady there and 400 guys -- would that still be considered a party with a bunch of ladies there?

Nope. NOt at all. But it is not because the guys are fags who don't like the ladies.

Have you never been at a party, where there was as dearth of women, and it was not because the men there disliked women?

Why are you pretending to be stupid about this?

And put upon. Butt hurt. Poopy. Diaper rash. Somebody call the Wambulance!

You talk real tough online, asshole. Fuck you.

Last edited:

Dumbfuck, the thread questioned, "The First Black Republican Presidential Nominee Will Be....."

And I, and others pointed out, that the Republican HAVE the Presidency and the Vice Presidency. So it will be awhile before we have openings.

BUT, it is not because we are against the idea in principle. It has just not worked out that way yet.

Which was the point demonstrated by the Powell Exit Polls.

That was all explained. What part of that is too hard for you to understand?

And I, and others pointed out, that the Republican HAVE the Presidency and the Vice Presidency. So it will be awhile before we have openings.

BUT, it is not because we are against the idea in principle. It has just not worked out that way yet.

The part where you delude yourself into believing a black man who never ran for president has a chance at being the first black Republican president. :cuckoo:

• Thanks

The part where you delude yourself into believing a black man who never ran for president has a chance at being the first black Republican president. :cuckoo:

I reject your pretense of you being too stupid to under stand the concept of linear time.

YOu are stupid, I will grant you that, but you are not so fucking profoundly retarded that you are too stupid to understand the concept that he had a very strong chance, at one time in the past.

That is my point. YOu are welcome to disagree with it, and explain why you disagree with it.

YOu are not welcome to pretend to be to stupid to read it and understand it. THAT IS NOT CREDIBLE. STOP FUCKING AROUND.

I reject your pretense of you being too stupid to under stand the concept of linear time.

YOu are stupid, I will grant you that, but you are not so fucking profoundly retarded that you are too stupid to understand the concept that he had a very strong chance, at one time in the past.

That is my point. YOu are welcome to disagree with it, and explain why you disagree with it.

YOu are not welcome to pretend to be to stupid to read it and understand it. THAT IS NOT CREDIBLE. STOP FUCKING AROUND.
LOL

Dumbfuck, that's not what this thread asked. It didn't ask, which black wasn't nominated by the Republican party -- it asked who will be the first. Powell never ran, so Powell will not be the first. We're still waiting for the first. Maybe that will come in about another hundred years are so. In the meantime, buzz your nurse to come change your drool cup.

• Thanks

I said black Democrats. The party of which most blacks in this country belong to.

Thanks for admitting your prejudice in assuming many Republicans and conservatives are racist.

You know, most Republicans are not racist and are completely baffled and angered by this trumped up hypocritical Democrat crusade against their imaginary racism and are quite frankly, sick and fucking tired of it.

Yep. They complain about divisive politics, but don't realize how divisive it is, to accuse large numbers of people, falsely.

They are pissing off EVERYONE. AT EVERYONE ELSE.
It's not false.

Every time you do that, you are tearing this nation apart. You piss off the majority of whites, who are getting more and more pissed off at being treated like dirt.

And you get minorities pissed off at whites, because you are filling their heads with fear of the supposedly evul racist whites.

If your plan was to ruin this nation and inflame racial tension to the point of permanently damaging this nation, one would be hard pressed to come up with a better plan of action, than what you have already done.

I mean, I just always assumed that you lefties knew that and just considered it the cost of doing business.

Are you claiming that that is not true? That you did NOT know that?

Oh, wait, is this just more lying from you?

Whatever. FUck off and die.
Fuck you. The ones tearing this nation apart are the racists, not the ones calling out the racists.
Except the ones calling out the racists are doing so spuriously to shut down discussion.

Maybe if y'all could form a rational argument, you wouldn't need to try to shame people into silence.
So? What's wrong with shutting down racism?
Do you need help with the word "spuriously"?

Lt. Col. Allen West would have a good run if he chose to run this decade.

Republicans could have had Dr. Alan Keyes in 2000, but unfortunately went with George W. Bush in 2000, and Bush's 2000 rival John McCain in 2008.
It was a racist show written for morons and it is an embarrassment for anyone to admit they liked it.

No, there is nothing "wrong with me" because I do not share your particular taste in TV programs, and for you to even make a statement like that, makes YOU a pompous ass, not me. Obviously the show would have some regional appeal. By your own admission you were in a rust belt area where some people identified with the characters of the show, that's human nature.

I personally do not care who liked the show and who did not, nor am I judging anyone who did. It's not a big deal to me.

But you questioning my personal preferences as far as television shows, makes you someone who clearly has far too much time on their hands.

You nor me, nor anyone else "Knows what EVERYONE in America actually thought of the show", as you stated.

That is a ridiculous and illogical overstatement, because no one has the psychic ability to have such knowledge.

We have differing views of the Confederate flag and that amounts to what it is......different opinions, which has nothing to do with who watches what on television.

You are an extremely small and petty individual.

You'll understand if I don't hold my breath waiting for you to chastise rightwinger for what you're chastising Correll for.

Because everyone involved knows you're not going to do that.

What RW says to another poster, is his business, not mine.

I'm not a moderator here, so what is your point?
Pointing out leftist hypocrisy is a hobby of mine.

IT has nothing to do with anyone being on the "left, right or middle", and you know it.

It is you attempting to persuade another poster to say something against a poster that you disagree with in order to defend yet another poster that you are obviously in agreement with.

That is some childish, petty bullshit.

I dont see you "chastising" anyone who you think is on the so called called "right", so work on your own hypocrisy, and consider finding a new "hobby"
Wow. Okay, you get a checkmark in the "hates it when his hypocrisy is pointed out" column.

Meanwhile, the left can't exist without their double standards. Period. End of story. More whining about it changes nothing, so don't even bother.

So, here we have yet another moralizing hypocrite attempting to police this forum and assign political labels to complete strangers who were minding their own business.

You are not a moderator, therefore your silly attempt to direct who I criticize in your behalf is laughed at and dismissed.

Now get lost.
Man, you leftists really hate it when your double standards are pointed out.

You don't like it? Stop being a hypocrite. Dumbass.

What I "don't like" are moralizing little pricks like you.
You do not know whether I am left, right, or in the middle, you dunce.

Either way, what I choose to say or not to say to anyone here, is none of your business.

You don't set the guidelines here, nor do you regulate what I or anyone else says to anyone.

Like I told you, before, get lost and mind your own business, you annoying insect.
So much arrogance, so little justification for it.

I've never told you what you may or may not say. That's your guilty conscience speaking, I expect.

And you're still a hypocrite.

LOL

Dumbfuck, that's not what this thread asked. It didn't ask, which black wasn't nominated by the Republican party -- it asked who will be the first. Powell never ran, so Powell will not be the first. We're still waiting for the first. Maybe that will come in about another hundred years are so. In the meantime, buzz your nurse to come change your drool cup.

Trump is likely to be re-elected in 2020. THat's four more years right there. And Pence will almost certainly be the next candidate, so that's another four years after THAT.

And if he wins, it could be TWELVE years, until the next opening.

AND, actually, 16, because he would run for re-election, and likely lose.

It is pretty silly to try to guess that far ahead.

BUt it is worth noting, that the REASON FOR THE DELAY, IS NOT ONE OF PRINCIPLE, BUT JUST THE WAY IT WORKED OUT, AS DEMONSTRATED BY THE 96 EXIT POLLS.

I said black Democrats. The party of which most blacks in this country belong to.

Thanks for admitting your prejudice in assuming many Republicans and conservatives are racist.

You know, most Republicans are not racist and are completely baffled and angered by this trumped up hypocritical Democrat crusade against their imaginary racism and are quite frankly, sick and fucking tired of it.

Yep. They complain about divisive politics, but don't realize how divisive it is, to accuse large numbers of people, falsely.

They are pissing off EVERYONE. AT EVERYONE ELSE.
It's not false.

Every time you do that, you are tearing this nation apart. You piss off the majority of whites, who are getting more and more pissed off at being treated like dirt.

And you get minorities pissed off at whites, because you are filling their heads with fear of the supposedly evul racist whites.

If your plan was to ruin this nation and inflame racial tension to the point of permanently damaging this nation, one would be hard pressed to come up with a better plan of action, than what you have already done.

I mean, I just always assumed that you lefties knew that and just considered it the cost of doing business.

Are you claiming that that is not true? That you did NOT know that?

Oh, wait, is this just more lying from you?

Whatever. FUck off and die.
Fuck you. The ones tearing this nation apart are the racists, not the ones calling out the racists.
Except the ones calling out the racists are doing so spuriously to shut down discussion.

Maybe if y'all could form a rational argument, you wouldn't need to try to shame people into silence.
So? What's wrong with shutting down racism?
Do you need help with the word "spuriously"?

Yes, he does. He doesn't understand that it is a bad thing.

Funny how the whites who talk about democratic plantations can't seem to tell us when they will nominate a black presidential candidate.
Whenever a black man runs for President as a Republican, the media and DNC go nuts and try to destroy the man. Look what happened to Herman Cain, a well educated man with degrees in mathematics and computer science, but accused of “sexual assault” without any real evidence. The media gave him the Clarence Thomas treatment.

Funny how the whites who talk about democratic plantations can't seem to tell us when they will nominate a black presidential candidate.
Whenever a black man runs for President as a Republican, the media and DNC go nuts and try to destroy the man. Look what happened to Herman Cain, a well educated man with degrees in mathematics and computer science, but accused of “sexual assault” without any real evidence. The media gave him the Clarence Thomas treatment.
Herman Cain was outed by the Rick Perry campaign. Colin Powell got death threats and threats to expose his wifes mental history buy right wingers. Ben Carson was just too dumb. Alan Keyes was handcuffed and taken off a stage before a republican presidential debate in Atlanta.

I don't know who I was more disgusted with. THe media for being the vile lying bastards they always are, or the religious right base of Cain's for giving them ANY credibility.

THe media deserves nothing but contempt. Anything negative they say about a republican, especially a black republican, should be ignored unless hard evidence is presented.

Forum List

Back